Archive Rangers Women Season 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
gn16.png

giphy.gif

Just watched the goals there. What was the keeper up to at the 4th? One of the oddest goals I've seen in years.

Keeper had the ball in her hands. Dropped it like she was going to play a pass but didn't and just stood whilst McCoy took the ball round her and into the net.

Just watched the goals there. What was the keeper up to at the 4th? One of the oddest goals I've seen in years.

Keeper had the ball in her hands. Dropped it like she was going to play a pass but didn't and just stood whilst McCoy took the ball round her and into the net.

The assistant flags for offside. I am guessing the referee has waved play on or has ignored the flag. Pretty harsh on the keeper.

Was going to mention that. BUT the opener was a nice move:

Cheers, that explains it. The highlights on YouTube didn’t show that.
Yup. Linesman flags for offside. As the ball is safely in the 'keepers hands the Referee decides to allow play to continue and doesn't blow the whistle. 'Keeper rolls out the ball gesturing with her hands and you can hear the shouts - from either the Referee or the Coaching Staff - to 'play, play' but she stands there like a daftie whilst the ball it taken off her and rolled into the net.

As clear a case of failing to play to the whistle as you will see. Entirely on the goalkeeper.

Reactions: GF1
See Benfica drawn in the same group as Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Rosengard in the Champs League. Be interested to see how they get on.

I thought our ladies showed tremendous determination and were competitive over the full 240 minutes. Hopefully go one better next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back