Archive Rangers Women Season 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the ladies have the same corner coach as the men.
And the rest of it. I was going to post that there must be a "manual" at Auchenhowie that all teams have to follow at Rangers which stipulates, in open play don't shoot from outside the box.

The opposition reverted to the type we have seen in past seasons, park the bus and then blooter the ball upfield to the 2 runners up front. They almost won it with that last corner in added on time.

I noticed that they were well drilled so that when they lost the ball near the centre line in their own half the player that lost the ball did not bother to chase the lost possession but immediately turned and sprinted back towards their own goal.

Overall disappointed with result and performance over the past 2 games. Expected us to be much more fluent in our passing. Malky should have changed the team for today. Mccoy and Danielsson weren’t great last week and same tonight. Centre halves are a bit iffy too. Is there a way of getting watson or mcclean into our starting midfield …… Not seeing high enough levels on a consistent basis from kerr and hay in these bigger games.

I dunno what to make of our keeper but she does pull out some serious stops at important times……

We lack guile up front. Malky persisting with Danielsson on the wing when she should be in the middle and leaving Arnot on the bench when she should be on the wing doesn't help.
Danielson was simply dreadful. Maybe out of position, but dearie me. Brogan Hay was pish as well. Should have buried them, but give them their due, they give 100% non stop. I don't think we do. As another poster said, levels the playing field.

I had the "pleasure" of sitting behind the Celtic dugout.
That David Haley is an utter cretin. Alonso was good comedy value though. Constantly moaning at the 4th official.
Malky Thomson on the other hand was a credit to our club. Came over and thanked the weans for their support at the end.

I had the "pleasure" of sitting behind the Celtic dugout.
That David Haley is an utter cretin. Alonso was good comedy value though. Constantly moaning at the 4th official.
Malky Thomson on the other hand was a credit to our club. Came over and thanked the weans for their support at the end.
Was HaLey the one spotted sarcastically applauding the 4th official after he told the ranting alonso to go and sit down. Whoever it was the 4th official didn't grass him to the ref mind you he might have been applauding behind the official's back ( that would be the cowardly Celtc way )

I’m not sure how much of a priority getting big crowds in is for our board atm. Given the aberdeen game went fairly well last season - there must have been good reason for not going to Ibrox.

I’m not sure how much of a priority getting big crowds in is for our board atm. Given the aberdeen game went fairly well last season - there must have been good reason for not going to Ibrox.

Been some maintenance work done and the objections were from the ground staff etc because of the weather and wanting the pitch to be perfect for the restart against Hibs.

Probably a minor point but I'm not sure why she's going on about the crowd. Over 3000 is a good crowd, especially for a Saturday night when there are World Cup games on. I wonder how many of the Scottish Cup ties had a bigger attendance.
Another "article" mentioned that Hearts and Hibs fans snapped up more than 11,000 free tickets, suggesting that the record crowd did not produce record receipts.

I noticed the crowd at the Edinburgh derby was given as just over 8000 as well so it seems a good amount of the ones who took tickets never bothered showing up

Another "article" mentioned that Hearts and Hibs fans snapped up more than 11,000 free tickets, suggesting that the record crowd did not produce record receipts.

Technically they were free but James Anderson picked up the cost of them to allow them to be given away

Watched United villa earlier - massive crowd (comparatively) at OT.
No EPL games helps but 30,000 is a great crowd - the WSL is flying helped, of course, by the Euro win.

I missed the first half hour but what I saw was a good watch. Martha Thomas was good when she came on - wish she'd do that for Scotland.

No EPL games helps but 30,000 is a great crowd - the WSL is flying helped, of course, by the Euro win.

I missed the first half hour but what I saw was a good watch. Martha Thomas was good when she came on - wish she'd do that for Scotland.
Was only dipping in and out - Man Utd should have been out of sight by half time by villa are a dogged lot, stuck at it well. Toone and Zelem the outstanding players on the pitch. I see Vance is struggling to start for a struggling leicester team …… they may just be rotation though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back