Official Rangers Women - Season 23-24

We made heavy weather of that but got the 3 points in the end. Thought we had quite a few below par performances so fair play to the ladies for getting the job done.

Esson played really well today and best outfield player by a mile was McLoughlin who is a very good player.

Thought that was a better all round performance than the Tims game and certainly better than I was expecting.I thought we would be still getting over that draw which must have been a sickener for them.

Dug in well there to get the points, but how wasteful were we when we broke in the second half - I really thought it was going to cost us the 3 points in the end.

Just seen post match interviews what was Jo alluding to re ‘outside factors’ I thing she termed them ?
Don't know but she was having a right go at the fourth official on the by-line earlier, think it was more about their rugby tactics though. I like Jo she sticks up for her girls. She has their backs

Don't know but she was having a right go at the fourth official on the by-line earlier, think it was more about their rugby tactics though. I like Jo she sticks up for her girls. She has their backs
And I guess that would amount to implied criticism of the ref too .

Funny how the women are seeing similar issues to the men’s team isnt it what could be the common thread there I wonder

There seemed to be two or three balls used, one of which was the afore-mentioned. There was a white ball with some design printed on it, but I notice that they finished the game with the camouflage ball.
It looked like a very dulled silver I thought like it had been heavily used and lost its protective coating which would cause it to be slower and maybe even be unstable in the air and on the plastic too.
Is this maybe something Jo was arguing about too ?

It looked like a very dulled silver I thought like it had been heavily used and lost its protective coating which would cause it to be slower and maybe even be unstable in the air and on the plastic too.
It didn't seem to be a problem for the players, it was running and bouncing OK, but it was hellish trying tosee it.

I thought they were playing with an old medicine ball.

I think she was talking about the officials she had a pop at them in her post match interview.

Thanks . Aye sounds like we have the nextgen steven McLean on the loose in the women’s league . Jo is also angling at City intentionally making the pitch awkward which is again a tactic used against the men’s team

Anyone thinking Hearts will take anything off them tomorrow night should be aware that the Hearts manager, after their defeat to Hibs at the weekend, has excused that result by saying the players have their heads in the Cup Final and have achieved what they set out to do in the League.

Of all the teams outwith us and Glasgow city, hearts are logically the only team you could see taking something off Celtic.

Feels like if it doesn’t happen tonight, girls league campaign will end as disappointingly as the men’s.

Hibs away the next most difficult as well so need to ensure we don’t suffer a what if moment ourselves!

Someone mentioned McLoghlin has really progressed in recent months that looks right to me but I also spotted MacLean was on bench at weekend so I’m wondering would that be a good mix for the coming games ?

Can't see it over here.
But we have to look after ourselves.
Good start!
By the way I thought Tess was exceptional at corners, and dead balls last season, wonder why that changed?
By the way, what's happened to Rio??
She used to be so prolific.

Last edited:
Yes it's on BBC Alba ,the was game originally a 8pm kick off but it was brought forward for some reason.
Possible given Hibs 1st team are also playing home or maybe the fact the title race is tight

Was 7.45pm their's was moved for broadcast reasons with 6.10pm kick-off got changed once Hibs game got moved

Back