Official Rangers Women - Season 23-24

The women have already won a cup and are in the Scottish cup final against Hearts soon and will probably win that as well.
The money we spend on the women's team and the infrastructure we have, a treble every year, should be the main requirement. Not every year, but more often than not. Until the others spend similarly.

Unfortunately the women’s team did the same as the men’s team and wobbled at the wrong time. I think they were 6 points ahead and coasting but then lost a game plus drew 2 games against teams they should be beating. Celtic team not as good player for player but they had some girl on loan from Liverpool who scored 50 odd goals for them.

Unfortunately the women’s team did the same as the men’s team and wobbled at the wrong time. I think they were 6 points ahead and coasting but then lost a game plus drew 2 games against teams they should be beating. Celtic team not as good player for player but they had some girl on loan from Liverpool who scored 50 odd goals for them.
Injuries didn't help

Really? Who scored 50 goals for them?

13-0 against Aberdeen I think it was we also beat them in Sky Sports Cup in the semi final. I think there was mistakes made back in January in regards to the squad. We looked a little light when the injuries happened we maybe should have brought more in . Especially when we also let Michelle Colson go .But we can finish the season on high next Sunday.
Yes, that's the score against Aberdeen I was referring to but I had also forgotten that we beat Celtic in the semi-final of the Sky Sports Cup. It goes to show how dominant we had been in games against them and until the last few weeks of the season we were rightly favourites to win the title and, potentially, the treble.

Women’s team need to learn the lesson, as does the men’s team, that when you’re in the lead not to ease off. Keep the boot on your opponent’s throat and rack up as many goals as possible. Come the end of the season a good goal difference is as good as an extra point.

We'll win the cup and do the treble next year. I'm convinced the men will do the same. The scum's card is marked.
Is MacLean staying fir next season she is the critical player tbh none of the others managed to step up when Kirsty dropped out injured

That to me was a defining aspect of the squad no one else had that combination of skill , craft , and team mentality that puts her beyond all the others ( poss exception is Rachel mclauchlan but she is a defender and out injured too )

Only thing to add is this is a fuckin sickener but in the end it was mentality not skill that we lacked imo

Is MacLean staying fir next season she is the critical player tbh none of the others managed to step up when Kirsty dropped out injured

That to me was a defining aspect of the squad no one else had that combination of skill , craft , and team mentality that puts her beyond all the others ( poss exception is Rachel mclauchlan but she is a defender and out injured too )

Only thing to add is this is a fuckin sickener but in the end it was mentality not skill that we lacked imo
She is contracted till 2025 so if she is going elsewhere somebody will need to pay a fee for her . As Jo said we don't have another player like Kirsty even in the league. I said earlier when the injuries hit along with Rio's form dipping the squad felt a little light . Howat , McClean and McLauchlan all being out at the same time was difficult to replace. We maybe should have kept Laura Berry rather than loaning her to Motherwell .

Injuries have fucked both teams this season.

Rangers need to get a grip of the medical and performance staff, as they’re clearly not doing their fucking jobs correctly.

As for the players, men and women’s teams, if they’re not using every single conceivable way to make sure they are fit and avoid injuries, their contracts should be ripped up.

I hope they feel absolutely gutted and they bottle this feeling and take it into next season. I think the problem with the men's team over the last few years is that they've felt sorry for themselves instead of angry at not winning things.

in the end there are players who are key in a team and as I see it there are three in that women’s team
MacLean
McLauchlan
Howat
And the others couldn’t find the drive those three have to turn games

Jo say’s we have played 10 games v our rivals she including City in that total I assume ?

Anyone noticed she has taken her own tact re the filth club and doesn’t use there name ?

Last edited:

Rangers need to get a grip of the medical and performance staff, as they’re clearly not doing their fucking jobs correctly.

As for the players, men and women’s teams, if they’re not using every single conceivable way to make sure they are fit and avoid injuries, their contracts should be ripped up.
Certainly the men’s not sure on the nature of the women’s team injuries I’d be interested to hear if an excessive portion of those have been muscular problems too

I assumed that Dr Mark Waller had been brought back to get to the root causes of our never ending injuries, introduce prevention & recovery strategies & everything else in between.

That's almost a year since his return (I July) - perhaps that's not enough time to turn things around in the medical world, but all I know is that our players are still going down like ninepins...

It's cost both teams hugely this season - IMO instrumental in the league outcomes.

She is contracted till 2025 so if she is going elsewhere somebody will need to pay a fee for her . As Jo said we don't have another player like Kirsty even in the league. I said earlier when the injuries hit along with Rio's form dipping the squad felt a little light . Howat , McClean and McLauchlan all being out at the same time was difficult to replace. We maybe should have kept Laura Berry rather than loaning her to Motherwell .
Yeah Solmask . My Q is why couldnt other names step up that is a task for Jo because if that is too much for them then we should be willing to trade them out

Last edited:
FFS! Just seen the scores and the timing of the goals. Kinda sums up this season for both men’s and women’s teams. Gave it away and our opponents just seem to be able to get it done regardless of how late in the game. Sickening.

Yeah Solmask . My Q is why could t other names step up that is a task for Jo because if that is too much for them then we should be willing to trade them out
Maclean and McLauchlan are probably the best two players in the league. They are the best players in their positions by a considerable margin anyway.

Maclean has the potential to be a top international class footballer. Expecting anyone to step up and replace her to the level she operates at is completely unrealistic.

Think the girl's will reflect on the whole season and kick themselves they didn't secure the title today.

I genuinely believe they are the better side than Celtic from the games I've seen between the two.

Yeah Solmask . My Q is why could t other names step up that is a task for Jo because if that is too much for them then we should be willing to trade them out
There are very few teams that can lose two, three, maybe four of their best players for the same games and not see a drop in performance levels.

I caught up with Jo post-match yesterday. Clearly disappointed as you’d expect but typically honest as ever.

I heard her speaking on another podcast from yesterday where she said they have been speaking to players since Christmas about new contracts and new players coming into the club. She said there will be announcements possibly this week or the week after. Good to hear they have plans well in advance for next season.

I heard her speaking on another podcast from yesterday where she said they have been speaking to players since Christmas about new contracts and new players coming into the club. She said there will be announcements possibly this week or the week after. Good to hear they have plans well in advance for next season.
I listened to that earlier. Good i/v from Jo starting at 17.39.

Along with renewals and new signings we have, of course, some of the loanees who've done well. Particularly Mason Clarke, Laura Berry, Kayla Jardine and - before her injury - Becca Taylor. At least one of them will be the Mia of next season!

Small margins the girl from Liverpool made big difference to them and unfortunately at the same time we lost this years best player in the league in Kirsty Mclean until yesterday.

I listened to that earlier. Good i/v from Jo starting at 17.39.

Along with renewals and new signings we have, of course, some of the loanees who've done well. Particularly Mason Clarke, Laura Berry, Kayla Jardine and - before her injury - Becca Taylor. At least one of them will be the Mia of next season!
Yeah it's very encouraging the young players coming through. Been impressed with Eilidh Austin this season any time she has played. Hopefully we will see more of her next season along with some others.

Small margins the girl from Liverpool made big difference to them and unfortunately at the same time we lost this years best player in the league in Kirsty Mclean until yesterday.

she came into their horde and picked up the slack as the romulan Gallacher tailed off
once K Howat was out and Rio tailed off - Ewens and Ross didn't score enough to cover that

Yeah it's very encouraging the young players coming through. Been impressed with Eilidh Austin this season any time she has played. Hopefully we will see more of her next season along with some others.
One 'other' of interest is Big Lisa. Definitely the best 'headerer' of a ball we have in the squad and, certainly before her ACL, a bit pacey, too.

No idea if she's a 'renew' or a 'punt'.

I have to confess I’m disappointed that Jo during an interview after Sunday stated that if she’d been offered a Cup double at the start of the Season she would have taken it. For a Manager of any Rangers Team to accept not winning the league as a success is not on in my opinion.

I personally think the Jury is still out on Jo Potter and winning two Cups if we can get past a stubborn well organised Hearts side first will not make up for not winning the league. She can quote all the stats she wants regarding the games versus Celtic but at the end of the Day imo the Team that finishes top of the league is the best Team and it wasn’t us.

Of course our injuries to key players contributed to us finishing second but so did again imo the rotation of our Keepers and of the Team in general. I will be at Hampden on Sunday to cheer the Girls on hopefully to a Cup double but it won’t make up for not winning the League and is far from being an acceptable Season.

Maclean and McLauchlan are probably the best two players in the league. They are the best players in their positions by a considerable margin anyway.

Maclean has the potential to be a top international class footballer. Expecting anyone to step up and replace her to the level she operates at is completely unrealistic.
No that’s not what I expect I know Kirsty MacLean is the best ever player in the Scottish League I am asking that other players get to the point where they turn key games . Those three are the ones I believe do it .

At the next level Olivia McLoughlin has really advanced and maybe now she has gotten to that point but we don’t know . Mia McAulay is a possible but that’s entirely unfair to expect it of her we would all agree she is just in the team but the suggestion is she has that X factor to be a difference maker .

That leaves a lot of players who are not able to make that difference and that is what I was hoping to highlight Not that we should have another Kirsty MacLean in waiting.

Last edited:
Two seasons in a row SWPL decided by a goal in the l

I would add Rachel Rowe as undroppable in midfield particularly in the latter months of the season

Last edited:
Back