Ready For A Revolution - New Club Crest

I really like it, very fresh looking while retaining the main identity of the crest, bet there was some right raging Tim’s about town seeing that flashing up on the landmarks, Glasgow belongs to Rangers, that mob belong over the sea, Mon The Rangers next season, f@cking smash them, let’s go.

A very interesting read from See Saw Creative documenting their work in the evolution of the new club crest.

www.seesawcreative.co.uk/work/Rangers-f-c-brand-evolution/
For some reason I like the lioness for the woman's team. Not normally bothered (at least in a positive way) by pc shit like that usually but in this case I like the attention to detail

Oh and a note for Castore. Those lion rampant t-shirts are the mutts nuts - get printing

Is it just me or is the Rangers font slightly too big?

Would much rather revert to the classic one.

Can some whizz make the 'Football Club' the same font size as Rangers? I'm convinced it would make it 100 times better.

Maybe put the old lion itself back in too.

The best thing for me is the current board actually working with Rangers supporters for a change.

Bit disappointed personally. Obviously it's no huge change but its just made it ever so slightly more generic. One circle instead of two, centralised the text and made the font more generic and less Rangers. Not a big deal of course.

The “new” website is a bog standard Wordpress design. Not a fan of Bisgrove and his constant “branding” in search of £££

I'll agree with you in regards to WordPress, but I must preface this by letting you know I despise PHP - it's slow and shit. The comment on making money is bonkers, as a business our whole purpose is to make as much money as possible.

Bit disappointed personally. Obviously it's no huge change but its just made it ever so slightly more generic. One circle instead of two, centralised the text and made the font more generic and less Rangers. Not a big deal of course.
The fonts lifted from the ground though?

Don't mind it but I would prefer it if the words Rangers Football Club remained in the same order going around the ball.

Last edited:
What does that mean sorry? I read somewhere the new font was specially designed. It just makes the badge a wee bit plainer in my opinion but it's not a big deal.
If you look at the seesaw website, they show where the typographer has taken elements from Ibrox to include and build from. There’s a side by side comparison for some of them, and then the rest they’ve designed to blend in.

Someone should have told the designer that football and club are separate words. Fuckin awful that. Someone took the previous masterpiece and spunked this out as its replacement? Probably the same idiot who let tavs interview in the match program passed this off

I'll agree with you in regards to WordPress, but I must preface this by letting you know I despise PHP - it's slow and shit. The comment on making money is bonkers, as a business our whole purpose is to make as much money as possible.
See my other reply. It was a naive response. I understand it’s a necessary part of the modern game, I just don’t like it though.

Our strip is starting to look like a billboard, and we’re being asked to pay an annual fee just to be a fan. I get these all benefit the club, but it feels like a marketing campaign and views supporters like customers

Not jumping on the bandwagon or anything but having looked at it frequently throughout the day, it’s really grown on me.

Big fan of it.

If you look at the seesaw website, they show where the typographer has taken elements from Ibrox to include and build from. There’s a side by side comparison for some of them, and then the rest they’ve designed to blend in.
Ok just seems very generic. Would be a no brainer to keep that traditional font exactly but it's not a big deal. I've seen the video which is great even though I'm not a fan of the badge.

It hasn't been designed on WP though.
I know, it just has the same modular feel. In fairness I suppose it’s inevitable given it needs to function on phones, tablets and computers simultaneously. At the end of the day it comes down to content and it doesn’t seem to have changed much in that regard. .

Well for those who were fearful that we might change the badge, James Bisgrove has confirmed we'll not be changing that.

If this is replacing the classic ready badge I’m not happy. This is a shocker.

I agree. The last version was immense and timeless.

I am all for progress but not for the sake of it. This looks like an amateur photoshop.

We need to do something to get this binned like Everton fans did with their crest change. Absolute honking.

I am all for progress but not for the sake of it. This looks like an amateur photoshop.

We need to do something to get this binned like Everton fans did with their crest change. Absolute honking.

Absolute honking?

giphy.gif

I kid you not i saw a old stitch badge from the 80s exactly the same as the one that these high flyers n so called experts designed , saying it was took from the gates etc.. sorry but how much did this cost the club.. bet it wasnt cheap.. and lets be honest, it wont bring in more money

Absolute honking?

Seconded. Not befitting of Rangers FC lacking in class and sophistication.

I‘ve heard it described as clean’, well why not just make it a plain blue and white circle with Rangers Football Club in it making it ‘super clean‘ then if that’s what modernising involves?

Actually more surprised at the acceptance of this update than anything else on here.

Looks like something you’d get on a £3 fake from Turkey to me.

Didn’t like it at first but the more I look at it I like it. Not much different if I am honest in my opinion but it is fresh looking.

After several hours. Ive stopped tilting my head to the right and feeling weird at the Rangers and lion being in the wrong place.

The publicity and animations the club has put together are excellent.

Arsenal, Man City, Man United, Tottenham and the SFA all chaged their crests recently to "modernise". This was also done to ensure copyright and that the new badge was completely owned by the club. I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't part of the reasoning for the change. Especially after Ashley and SD owned the rights to the badge for a while.

Also, the badge has changed several times over the years, so its not a surprise we have "re-branded". This will also be matched in the stadium, the media, merchandise, etc.. so there will be major investment involved with this.

Personally, I'm not an instant fan of it, but hopefully it will grow on me.

There's something off about it for me. I think my problem with it is only that I'm so used to the previous style.

I'm happy to give it time though. It's not like the change is irreversible.

Theres nothing wrong with the new one.Its just a bit more "generic" looking.

Maybe I'm just not a fan of football teams "cleaning up" their badges.

Thought Juve's, Arsenals and Spurs' attempts were all minimalist rubbish.

As much as people like to point out how easily some are annoyed...some also seem to be very easily pleased.
It's seems to be a recurring theme by the posts of many who like it, and I'm one of those who don't like it, to paint a picture of those not in favour as 'hystrical' etc. I take some encouraement, though, that those so in favour of "change" won't mind the day we ever decide to change it back to the original.

Back