Real Betis v Manchester United and other Thursday football

JayDee

Arsenal v Sporting Lisbon, which is 2-2 from the first leg, is probably the most interesting of the main ties.

Main games:

17:45
Real Betis v Manchester United
UEFA Europa League Round of 16 2nd Leg
BT Sport 1

20:00
West Ham United v AEK Larnaca
UEFA Europa Conference League Round of 16 2nd Leg
BT Sport 3

20:00
Arsenal v Sporting Lisbon
UEFA Europa League Round of 16 2nd Leg
BT Sport 2/BT Sport Ultimate

Some more info about TV games:

Interesting to see how much Arsenal rotate.

Even though it would be a rare European trophy for them in reality I don't think winning the Europa League does much for them. I think most fans wouldn't be too fussed going out if it means they can solely focus on going for the league title. City still in the UCL and FA Cup so could be a fractional advantage for Arsenal having longer rests

Not sure if I'll get to see any but if I do I think I'll watch Frieburg v Juve and Alkmaar v Lazio.

Feyenoord v Shakhtar (1-1 from the first leg) could be interesting if folk can see it - these other games might be on the red button?

Feyenoord v Shakhtar (1-1 from the first leg) could be interesting if folk can see it - these other games might be on the red button?
Aye think majority are red button, just not ones listed as Digital Exclusive. Gutted there's no Goals Show.

Interesting to see how much Arsenal rotate.

Even though it would be a rare European trophy for them in reality I don't think winning the Europa League does much for them. I think most fans wouldn't be too fussed going out if it means they can solely focus on going for the league title. City still in the UCL and FA Cup so could be a fractional advantage for Arsenal having longer rests

I reckon winning the Europa would be a pretty big thing for Arsenal, but the league is surely their main aim. So yeah, their selection tonight could tell us something about their priorities.

Man U have picked a fairly strong team considering they're 4-1 up from the first leg.

Man Utd: De Gea, Malacia, Martinez, Maguire, Wan-Bissaka, Fred, Casemiro, Rashford, Fernandes, Pellistri, Weghorst.

Subs: Heaton, Butland, Lindelof, Sabitzer, Varane, Dalot, Shaw, Sancho, Elanga, McTominay

Real Betis: Rui Silva, Sabaly, Pezzella, Edgar Gonzales, Abner Vinicius, Rodriguez, William Carvalho, Aitor Ruibal, Joaquin, Juanmi, Perez.

Subs: Bravo, Martin, Víctor Ruiz, Borja Iglesias, Canales, Luiz Henrique, Willian Jose, Guardado, Rodri, Miranda, Felix Garreta, Dani Perez.

Man U have picked a fairly strong team considering they're 4-1 up from the first leg.

Man Utd: De Gea, Malacia, Martinez, Maguire, Wan-Bissaka, Fred, Casemiro, Rashford, Fernandes, Pellistri, Weghorst.

Subs: Heaton, Butland, Lindelof, Sabitzer, Varane, Dalot, Shaw, Sancho, Elanga, McTominay

Real Betis: Rui Silva, Sabaly, Pezzella, Edgar Gonzales, Abner Vinicius, Rodriguez, William Carvalho, Aitor Ruibal, Joaquin, Juanmi, Perez.

Subs: Bravo, Martin, Víctor Ruiz, Borja Iglesias, Canales, Luiz Henrique, Willian Jose, Guardado, Rodri, Miranda, Felix Garreta, Dani Perez.
Maybe just wants to increase the chances of winning to get momentum going again.

Had watched first half hour or so and that boy was a red card waiting to happen. Man U v Juve next round be ideal.

Basel have went downhill recently. Were in a semi final a while back now 2-0 down to Slovan Bratislava.
Went and watched them other week at home. Was surprised how far they have fallen down. Tell you one thing though - decent Ultras set up, was surprised.

If anyone is wondering why none of these Betis chances have gone in, it's cos I've got a 5er on them.

Keeper should be doing better with that Rashford goal. And the defence might have at least tried to close him down.

Back