Real Betis v Manchester United and other Thursday football

Why was the stand shut behind the goal at Feyenoord? Hooliganism of some sort I'm assuming?

7 of the 8 realistic winners.
I'd say 4

Manchester United/Juventus have the capability to turn up tear the rest of them apart at will and Sevilla/Roma are canny enough to beat the others over two legs.

Feyenoord are an interesting one, I can see them doing alright or them having an Arsenal moment and taking their eye off the ball and getting KO'd.

Loserkusen, Sporting and USG are the weakest teams in the competition. They'll be out in the next round unless they are facing each other.

I'd say 4

Manchester United/Juventus have the capability to turn up tear the rest of them apart at will and Sevilla/Roma are canny enough to beat the others over two legs.

Feyenoord are an interesting one, I can see them doing alright or them having an Arsenal moment and taking their eye off the ball and getting KO'd.

Loserkusen, Sporting and USG are the weakest teams in the competition. They'll be out in the next round unless they are facing each other.

Other clubs forums would have had us as one of the weakest in the quarters last season. We were a bawhair away.

Other clubs forums would have had us as one of the weakest in the quarters last season. We were a bawhair away.
Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand-grenades.

Other fans may have underestimated our capability, but they were ultimately correct because we didn't win it.

Pathetic that a club of that size and spending power see elimination as a blessing. I’d chuck Rangers if we started not being arsed about European competition.
I said it not Arsenal.

I wouldn’t be bothered if I was an Arsenal fan, got CL Football next season and a great chance of winning the league. Is it what it is and your opinion is yours.

I said it not Arsenal.

I wouldn’t be bothered if I was an Arsenal fan, got CL Football next season and a great chance of winning the league. Is it what it is and your opinion is yours.
If they genuinely didn’t care why did they buy tickets and go though? You can’t turn out for a game then shrug your shoulders when you lose a game your favourites to win.

Reactions: VGM
If they genuinely didn’t care why did they buy tickets and go though? You can’t turn out for a game then shrug your shoulders when you lose a game your favourites to win.
Probably similar some folk go friendlies or dead rubbers at the end of the season etc…loyalty, something to do. You seem more upset by it than most are, not sure why.

No idea who is shrugging their shoulders, you are better off asking them than me.

Probably similar some folk go friendlies or dead rubbers at the end of the season etc…loyalty, something to do. You seem more upset by it than most are, not sure why.

No idea who is shrugging their shoulders, you are better off asking them than me.
Not so much upset haha, just get sick of the way they go on on their forums and Reddit etc laughing at clubs that can’t afford fortunes. Which is why I like seeing clubs like Sporting beating Arsenal.

Not so much upset haha, just get sick of the way they go on on their forums and Reddit etc laughing at clubs that can’t afford fortunes. Which is why I like seeing clubs like Sporting beating Arsenal.

Wouldn’t bother me to be honest. I’d be thinking we’ve a great chance win the league and we’ve 3 aways in the CL next season to look forward to. Obviously I’m English but all the money stuff goes in one ear and out the other with me, will always be about trips watching football for me than simply the glory of it. Many saying all that stuff will be firestick fans!

Wouldn’t bother me to be honest. I’d be thinking we’ve a great chance win the league and we’ve 3 aways in the CL next season to look forward to. Obviously I’m English but all the money stuff goes in one ear and out the other with me, will always be about trips watching football for me than simply the glory of it. Many saying all that stuff will be firestick fans!
Absolutely mate

Think Juve have no other option but to take this seriously. It's the only route to Champions League football next season. It's a shame they're managed by Allegri tbh. A team with attacking players like Chiesa, Di Maria, Vlahovic, Kostic and Cuadrado, shouldn't be be boring as hell to watch, but somehow they are.

The reaction of their fans at the end is the best I've seen in ages. They looked really chuffed to have won sort of reminded me of us last season. Real football fans.
End of the day in the draw for another trip abroad in a few weeks as well aren’t you. Hard to not be excited by that if you love doing it.

Pathetic that a club of that size and spending power see elimination as a blessing. I’d chuck Rangers if we started not being arsed about European competition.
They've bigger fish to fry.

If we had a similar points tally over the scum with 10 to go and went out in the conference we'd get over it pretty quickly because the league is the priority.

An excellent game. Arsenal lose the chance to win a European trophy. If they win the league it won't matter so much. But if they lose the league as well....

96517438-3323-4952-886f-c3f6397762c0-1020x612.jpeg

I was at Highbury for the Nigel Winterburn testimonial, when Seaman came to our end we were all singing..

"Nayim from the halfway line"

He took it in good spirits.

I think you could see from the team they played and the effort put in that Arteta definitely wanted to win it. A Europa League win alongside a EPL win would have been an unbelievable season for Arsenal from where they were the last few years.

Still a very good chance they end up winning nothing however.

I think you could see from the team they played and the effort put in that Arteta definitely wanted to win it. A Europa League win alongside a EPL win would have been an unbelievable season for Arsenal from where they were the last few years.

Still a very good chance they end up winning nothing however.
Yeah no doubt Arteta will be disappointed, was meaning the fans.

Back