Real Kashmir FC Documentary

Pakistan says it has shot down two Indian Air Force jets in a major escalation of the Kashmir conflict.

A spokesman said one plane had fallen inside Pakistani territory and two pilots had been arrested. There is no comment from India. Pakistan has denied reports one of its jets was shot down.

Both India and Pakistan claim all of Kashmir, but control only parts of it.

The nuclear powers have fought several wars since independence from Britain in 1947. All but one were over Kashmir

It was really great viewing.

You need phucking huge Buster Gonad sized cojones to take that gig and stick it out.

Astonishing story. Highly recommend anyone who missed it to catch the repeat, if it’s right it’s on Sunday again.

Pakistan says it has shot down two Indian Air Force jets in a major escalation of the Kashmir conflict.

A spokesman said one plane had fallen inside Pakistani territory and two pilots had been arrested. There is no comment from India. Pakistan has denied reports one of its jets was shot down.

The nuclear powers have fought several wars since independence from Britain in 1947. All but one were over Kashmir
Mon the Hindus

When asked about how he coped in a region riven by sectarian faultlines, disputed sovereignty, corrupt nationalist politicians and in constant danger of attacks by supporters of terrorism, DR stated "I'm glad I left all that behind me when I moved to Kashmir".

Brilliant:D

I've recorded this and will watch it on Friday.

I used to know an Indian shopkeeper who's favourite joke was,

Whats the difference between a Pakistani and a snake ?
You can trust a snake !

Each time he repeated it, he'd almost die laughing

Given today’s news, not a good area to be in right now. I'm flying to India on Friday and that may be affected somewhat with Pakistan closing their air space.

Last edited:
Watched this last night on iPlayer. Absolutely fantastic, well worth an hour of people's time. Can't believe he didn't know or research anything about Kashmir before he turned up!

Thought he came across really well though, a bit mental but then you'd have to be to do that job for a couple of years and next to no money

Watched it last night. Simply great tv. Not to be missed.

Every time I used to see Davie Robertson play I used to say he looked like the unhealthiest man in Scottish football. Certainly did not perform like that. Love him.

Given today's news, not a good area to be in right now. I'm flying to India on Friday and that may be affected somewhat with Pakistan closing their air space.
Got a mate working there building a tunnel through the Himalayas, was messaging him yesterday, says it's a bit scary, can't get out because the airspace is closed. Some locals are going to attempt to get him out tomorrow. I wish him all.the best, if he succeeds he says we'll meet for a beer here next week!

Enjoyed this, hopefully it's the kind of content this BBC Scotland channel is going to promote more. No wonder he moved to Kashmir, his Mrs is a roaster.

Just in case you were wondering whether Kym Robertson is a pain in the arse or no...

Really enjoyed it though, great player, miserable bastard, decent patter.

Last edited:
I was under the impression the narrator was none other than our good buddy, Andy Walker!
Sounds very like him!
Glad to be proved wrong.

On the initial topic, the place Davie has been working in is absolutely mental.
Good luck to him and his boy.

It was a brilliant watch.

Metal detectors and sniffer dogs and searching for land mines - just another football match in Kashmir!!!!

That was some match with the under 18's he was going nuts.

Good watch that.

Wish it was a series like the Man City and Sunderland ones. Can see why a camera crew wouldn’t want to stay there for a whole season tho!

Davie seems to have a good command of the language already.I had to put the subtitles on to under stand what the %^*& he was talking about.Love the mans' attitude and love of football.
C'mon Real let's win the league for him.He deserves it for his bravery alone.

Ex pro player played highest level can’t get a job in UK , sad state of affairs

As he pointed out there is roughly 139 professional clubs in the UK. Therefore it's extremely difficult for an ex-pro to get a job in the UK.

He's already done coaching in America as well.

Excellent programme. Entertaining and enlightening.

David Robertson seems like someone you would want to be in the trenches with you.

The longest serving coach in India’s top league.

:))

Back