Real Madrid Tickets

I don’t think that’s what he was saying. I think he meant the draw should be among those who ticked the box and that you shouldn’t be ruled out of a RM ticket if you got an Arsenal or Brighton ticket?
In that case I’ve picked it up wrong so apologies

Debated taking a Madrid ticket after being offered. Didn't tick friendlies so not taking it out of principle.

Hope for a Livi ticket and at the very least we will (hopefully) all be there on the 10th, although I'm sceptical of that being full capacity.

Debated taking a Madrid ticket after being offered. Didn't tick friendlies so not taking it out of principle.

Hope for a Livi ticket and at the very least we will (hopefully) all be there on the 10th, although I'm sceptical of that being full capacity.
Hope so,but not confident.

Tickets still available?

Friend of mine been allocated one but is having difficulty buying it. Has it in his basket but gets a ‘wrong password’ error. Has tried resetting it but this puts him to back of the queue and then eventually gets the same error again.

Haven’t read this thread but got the email saying I got one in the ballot tried to put it in my basket but doesn’t happen says I need to have purchased in my basket 2 requirement before buying this then when I click select seats I select stand and ticket it says there are not enough tickets available for what you want please change the quantity and try again

“It was a system error”
“We’re really sorry”
“I totally empathise with those affected”
“Working hard to ensure it doesn’t happen again”
“Please be assured this won’t be the case for future ballots going forward”

Bla, bla, bla

They honestly won’t care. This is akin to old TC members missing out for a glamour euro tie because they’ve went to a qualifier against some Eastern European nobodies, whilst a non TC member gets Real in the group stages
I like many others i suspect have dreamed of seeing my team play Real Madrid. All the years of taking shite like bury, oxford etc without question and then when the Biggest possible friendy possible comes along the folk who deserve the tickets first and foremost get absolutely shafted due to disgusting levels of incompetence. The Club really need to resolve this and behind the scenes they will know that too but to save face and a few quid in refunds and processing they will just ride the storm. Terrible

Tickets still available?

Friend of mine been allocated one but is having difficulty buying it. Has it in his basket but gets a ‘wrong password’ error. Has tried resetting it but this puts him to back of the queue and then eventually gets the same error again.
I can identify with your friend...have given up pending helpful advice from on here. My suspicion is we’re fecked as already sold them all.

I can identify with your friend...have given up pending helpful advice from on here. My suspicion is we’re fecked as already sold them all.
Seem to be a few folk having these kinds of problems, but it's inconsistent as many are managing to get tickets without oo much hassle.

I'd love to say they can't have sold out as they should only have balloted the number of tickets that are actually available and everyone who got an email should be able to find a seat somewhere - but given the last 24 hours, it's not something we can say with confidence.

I think it's more likely a system or account error for those having the problems.

Haven’t read this thread but got the email saying I got one in the ballot tried to put it in my basket but doesn’t happen says I need to have purchased in my basket 2 requirement before buying this then when I click select seats I select stand and ticket it says there are not enough tickets available for what you want please change the quantity and try again
That's exactly what's happening to me!
:(

A woman I work with messaged me this morning to ask if I was going after her son, who has yet to actually attend Ibrox with his ST and isn’t on priority for friendlies, got a ticket.

Touchy subject hen, go away :))

I thought I was doing well getting a Brighton ticket but Rm tickets getting given out in that manner not happy

I’m as pissed off as anyone mate but this isn’t his fault, he’s just the messenger here

He does a good job, his jobs hardly untenable because the clubs flung him under a bus?
What I meant is if he can’t understand the error and the fans frustrations then what chance do we have

Surely the club should email those not in the home friendlies who have been offered a ticket with “Sorry but there has been a unfortunate mistake and you are not actually entitled to a ticket”

And me...says there needs to be a ‘1’ in my box to buy Brighton and a ‘2’ in my box to buy RM...and I have ‘0’ in both boxes. Trying very hard to remain calm.
What boxes are you looking at mate? On your purchase history on your account there should be a purchase line from yesterday which is marked as GENERIC and for a value of £0.00. In the first box on that line, it will say either "1 Requirement" - which means a Brighton ticket allocated to you or "2 Requirement" - which means Real Madrid.

e4x5D0u.png

We’re now an hour and 25min into the working day and no communications have been released about this mess

Now believe fuck all will be getting done to sort it out. An utter disgrace

We’re now an hour and 25min into the working day and no communications have been released about this mess

Probably right. Tickets are still on sale so no attempt to do anything about it.

A little research for previous pre season friendlies attendances at Ibrox in the last 5 years. Not sure what it tells us.

Burnley 21,818
Bury 41, 015
Wigan 28,779
Helsinki 21,224
Oxford 22,156
Marseille 24,259
Blackburn 18,627
Derby 19,843
Motherwell n/a
Coventry n/a

Ever since Mygers was launched he appears to be nothing more than a yes man especially in relation to that scheme. Seems Mygers has warped people at the club into some sort of alternate reality.
The issue we have is the club don’t want to listen or communicate. They have a SLO in place to keep up appearances. I can bet 90% of feedback he gives Rangers is ignored and 90% of the decisions Rangers make the SLO finds out about via email or social media when we do.

The only way changes will be made is if we stop giving the club our money, and they know that’s not going to happen.

How can people get a Madrid ticket for a friendly when they never ticked the box for friendlies? It don’t even surprise me anymore.

Last edited:
hopefully a full explanation to this shambles is rallied to supporters today or otherwise whoever sanctioned it should be shown the door

A little research for previous pre season friendlies attendances at Ibrox in the last 5 years. Not sure what it tells us.

Burnley 21,818
Bury 41, 015
Wigan 28,779
Helsinki 21,224
Oxford 22,156
Marseille 24,259
Blackburn 18,627
Derby 19,843
Motherwell n/a
Coventry n/a
It simply tells us that we sell tickets above and beyond those who tick the box..

Having ticked the box, I've bought every single one of them

Burnley 21,818
Bury 41, 015
Wigan 28,779
Helsinki 21,224
Oxford 22,156
Marseille 24,259
Blackburn 18,627
Derby 19,843
Motherwell n/a
Coventry n/a
What it tells you is, aside from Bury that had the feel good factor of Gerrards first game, normally only circa 40-50% of ST holders attend

Of the ST holders that attend, friendlies CCCS members make up almost half of the number

There's really not anything they can do now that won't simply create a bigger shitstorm. Folk who didn't tick the box but have tickets will be fuming if they suddenly get their tickets taken away from them - especially as they've done nothing wrong. It's not something that can be sorted, just shift the rage from one group to another.

Best folk can hope for is an acknowledgement that the system they employed for this wasn't well received and they'll do it differently moving forward. I think that's even a stretch to be honest. More likely to say they appreciate not everyone will be happy, but they tried to ensure as many people as possible were given a chance to attend a game.

Last edited:
There's really not anything they can do now that won't simply create a bigger shitstorm. Folk who didn't tick the box but have tickets will be fuming if they suddenyl get their tickets taken away from them - esepcially as they've done nothing wrong. It's not something that can be sorted, just shift the rage from one group to another.

Best folk can hope for is an acknowledgement that the system they employed for this wasn't well received and they'll do it differently moving forward. I think that's even a stretch to be honest. More likely to say they appreciate not everyone will eb happy, but they tried to ensure as many people as possible were given a chance to attend a game.
A comms like that will make me angrier tbh

I’d just like to know how the mistake was made and who’s decision it was. Pretty simple stuff

And they clearly have done something wrong in this instance

What boxes are you looking at mate? On your purchase history on your account there should be a purchase line from yesterday which is marked as GENERIC and for a value of £0.00. In the first box on that line, it will say either "1 Requirement" - which means a Brighton ticket allocated to you or "2 Requirement" - which means Real Madrid.

e4x5D0u.png
Mate, you’re a legend! Managed to find my way in via your guidance. I expected to have to ‘do’ something but says my ticket is purchased. You think I’m sorted?

I’d just like to know how the mistake was made and who’s decision it was. Pretty simple stuff

Buzzing for the Livi ballot. Let’s see how they mess that up.

Mate, you’re a legend! Managed to find my way in via your guidance. I expected to have to ‘do’ something but says my ticket is purchased. You think I’m sorted?
Should be sorted if you've got a confirmation email mate. Once you've got that, it's your ticket and has a QR code on it that you use from your phone to get in the stadium on the day.

EDIT - You still have to go in and actually purchase the ticket mate, sorry if I've not made that clear. So go to the Real Madrid game, select a seat (this is the bit some folk are having issues with as you have to try working your way around the areas and stands to find an available one) and you have to buy it - putting in card details, etc. It's not an automated purchase on your smartcard.

That screenshot just shows you are entitled to buy a ticket, not that you've actually bought one.

Got lucky in the ballot, as did my dad. How do we get tickets together though? Or is this not possible?

Can’t select two tickets and can only select for a certain section of the ground.

There's really not anything they can do now that won't simply create a bigger shitstorm. Folk who didn't tick the box but have tickets will be fuming if they suddenly get their tickets taken away from them - especially as they've done nothing wrong. It's not something that can be sorted, just shift the rage from one group to another.

Best folk can hope for is an acknowledgement that the system they employed for this wasn't well received and they'll do it differently moving forward. I think that's even a stretch to be honest. More likely to say they appreciate not everyone will be happy, but they tried to ensure as many people as possible were given a chance to attend a game.
I dont see why they can be fuming.

They didn't apply for the tickets or intend to go to any friendlies. They should not have been in the ballot. Its been an error from the TO and should they decide to rectify that error things get put back to where everyone wanted to be in the first place.

I don’t think it was a mistake. I think it was a decision taken by the club deliberately

not a chance ill tick the box again after this, totally shat on big time
Me neither. There’s absolutely no benefit to do so if, when the “glamour” fixtures come round, you’re not prioritised over anyone else. In this specific case, you are actually punished by committing to go to these games because it takes you out the running for the higher profile game.

When teams like Madrid are able to spend pre-season in Asia/America again, the chances are we’ll be back to playing Burnley, Bury etc. Worst case scenario, by not ticking the box, you have to log in and click a few buttons to buy a ticket but only if you can/want to attend.

Be interesting to see the financial hit this causes the club going forward.

I dont see why they can be fuming.

They didn't apply for the tickets or intend to go to any friendlies. They should not have been in the ballot. Its been an error from the TO and should they decide to rectify that error things get put back to where everyone wanted to be in the first place.
I don't disagree mate, but do you not think folk who were emailed to say they had a ticket, went online and bought it then got it whipped away wouldn't be pissed off, right or wrong?

I completely agree, I just don't think it means the club won't have a different shitstorm to deal with.

I don't disagree mate, but do you not think folk who were emailed to say they had a ticket, went online and bought it then got it whipped away wouldn't be pissed off, right or wrong?

I completely agree, I just don't think it means the club won't have a different shitstorm to deal with.
Thats for the club to deal with. You don't bury your head in the sand when you make a mistake or wrong decision. You face up to the consequences in any walk of life. Not so Rangers though

Livi ballot will straight forward.Non ST holders won’t be in it.
It should be. But then we’ve got 4 and 5 year olds being allocated tickets to games this weekend and the adults linked to their account being allocated to different games completely.

We’ve also got 45+ minute waits on the website and an absolute slog to select available seats.

Hopefully the Livingston ballot recognises friends and family and just lets you sit in your usual season ticket seat, otherwise these issues are going to pop up again.

My son and I are both season ticket holders and MyGers Silver members. We didn't sign up to friendlies this season as we need to be in Northern Ireland for the next week and knew well in advance that we wouldn't be able to go to any games this weekend.

My Dad died suddenly in January this year and he would have been 80 years old in the next few days. Hence the trip home to spend time with my Mum.

I totally understand the frustration/ anger/ upset of fans who signed up for friendlies, in good faith, who haven't received a ticket for the Real Madrid game. I think (can't confirm this) that the club has taken the view, because we have been banned from football matches for so long, that they tried to get as many different fans into a game a soon as possible. I understand their logic, but don't agree, hence the post title that the club has made a huge mistake. Tickets, first and foremost for this game should have gone to fans who had signed up for friendlies. If there had been any tickets leftover, then the club could have decided on an appropriate course of action.

I was successful in being offered 2 tickets for the Real Madrid game. I hummed and hawed last night after receiving the email about what I should do. I bought the tickets and have sold them to a friend who had ticked friendlies, but didn't get tickets for the Real Madrid game.

I am gutted that I can't go and take my son this weekend, but personal reasons have to come first on this occasion.

Please, please fellow Bears, it has been awful reading some of the comments being thrown at each other on Follow Follow on this issue. I completely understand your anger, but we are all fellow Bears and should try to treat each other with respect.

I am delighted to hear that we should be back to a full Ibrox for the Malmo / Helsinki game. I am probably not alone in thinking that it wouldn't happen that quickly. Let's enjoy that night when it comes and savour a full Ibrox.

Good luck to everyone for the Livi ballot.

Mistake has been made, we knew that but have now heard it from a Rangers official.

Complete and utter shambles.

Thats for the club to deal with. You don't bury your head in the sand when you make a mistake or wrong decision. You face up to the consequences in any walk of life. Not so Rangers though
Again, I agree, but from their perspective they've got folk moaning whichever way they go, so why would they go through a whole hassle of trying to refund/return and reallocate tickets when it gets them nothing. It's easier to take this on the chin, put out a mealy-mouthed statement of appeasal and rely on us mugs who always come back and tick boxes or buy shirts no matter how many times we announce we're finished with it.

There's not been a single thing that's been put out to the fans that has worked seamlessly. Everything is flawed, every single time they do something, it does not work. Fu**in hopeless, I've given up trying to buy any tickets, RTV it is.

Back