Reasoning behind our transfer targets

For me the 3 names mentioned aren’t better than what we have got.

If you offered me Katic worral goldson soutter

Soutter would be my 4th choice centre half.

And Stewart and hastie are no where near as good as what we’ve got!

Worral will not be here next year and McCauley is done . I'd have Katic ahead of Souttar too but we need several options!

Stewart is a good backup to have and Hastie may or may not be better than Candeias atm but I know who I'd rather have in 2/3 years!

Luckily I’m not going to play for Rangers then eh.

Stewart was given a free role at Killie, and Dundee, is he going to be given that here? No, of course not.

Even luckier you are not in the recruitment team either! Stewart will play as no10 a role we have struggled to fill. He will do fine there for us. He might even relish the atmosphere and kick on.

Even luckier you are not in the recruitment team either! Stewart will play as no10 a role we have struggled to fill. He will do fine there for us. He might even relish the atmosphere and kick on.
Not a chance will he play as part of a midfield 3 at number 10.

Doesn’t have the work rate, hunger or desire to play there.

We’d get ran all over.

Two good young Scottish players and someone who can bring that bit of creativity. Potentially, all for less than 2.5m. I'm happy with that. Soutter can also hit a shot, a useful weapon when the opposition have packed 10 players in their box.
I still expect 3-4 quality players but hoovering up good spfl performers has always been part of out success.

If it's true that our top targets are a magician attacking mid and a centre back, I'd definitely go back in for Cooper and make sure we get Powell too.

Worral will not be here next year and McCauley is done . I'd have Katic ahead of Souttar too but we need several options!

Stewart is a good backup to have and Hastie may or may not be better than Candeias atm but I know who I'd rather have in 2/3 years!
2 or 3 years down the line isn’t good enough man. Need quality players in now!

I’m excited about Hastie despite being raw for a development fee of 300k or so I’ve seen suggested,it seems like a good deal.
I have doubts about Souttar but he’s still very young in CH terms and if the professionals we have on board have indeed been keeping tabs on him for a few seasons now then fair enough.2 million if accurate seems a lot though to me.
Stewart isn’t professional enough to make a difference for us consistently,I’m just not seeing that one at all I’m afraid-loved to be proved wrong of course

We have the nucleus of a decent team. We need 2 strikers (I assume Alfie for the off), and a couple of goal scorers from the wing or midfield. I also think we need a better central defender as it's our goals against which has beaten us. We have had too few shut outs.

Back