Reports that Barasic has signed a pre-contract with a Turkish team and Lundstram is hoping to do so as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barasic wasn’t intent on running down his contract. His wife moved home last April to give birth and never returned. He had offers in the summer and wanted back to Croatia. Beale rejected them.

And in reply to your question, you bring the player and his agent in for a meeting and tell them the player can go for a reasonable price. Agent then finds player a new club. It’s what we did with Glen Kamara and his agent last summer.
Again it..'s not as simple as that with all players.

Both player and agent make more money when the player is a free agent. So if that is their end game there is nothing you can do.

I’ve definitely lost patience with Jack.
Knowing his body weaknesses he should have retired from international football and prioritised if he he really was a diehard bluenose.

Would definitely have preferred Arfield got that extension rather than Jack.
Can’t disagree with you. Why he keeps playing for the no hope Jacobite team is beyond me. They all hate him because he’s a Ranger

Barasic wasn’t intent on running down his contract. His wife moved home last April to give birth and never returned. He had offers in the summer and wanted back to Croatia. Beale rejected them.

And in reply to your question, you bring the player and his agent in for a meeting and tell them the player can go for a reasonable price. Agent then finds player a new club. It’s what we did with Glen Kamara and his agent last summer.
That’s utterly ridiculous from Beale, if true.

Is it any wonder our squad is in such a state when he was making moronic decisions like that.

The fault here was at board level. They have to take a longer term view. They should have overruled Beale and let Barasic go, keeps Barasic happy, gets money in.

As soon as Ridvan is back, Sterling goes in beside Dio.

I don't think there's any chance of this.

Neither player can play the role Lundstram plays, and need a player of that type in there to allow them to play to their strengths.

If we were dropping Lundstram, we'd need to use Raskin, King or Rice as his replacement. Sterling won't be used often in central midfield, in my opinion.

I don't think there's any chance of this.

Neither player can play the role Lundstram plays, and need a player of that type in there to allow them to play to their strengths.

If we were dropping Lundstram, we'd need to use Raskin, King or Rice as his replacement. Sterling won't be used often in central midfield, in my opinion.
I would disagree on Sterling. The couple of times he has been played there he has shown he has the energy and physicality to play this role. I actually think he brings more to the role as he can also break forward with more purpose on the occasion it is required and I believe his distribution can be better than Lundstrams also.

The fault here was at board level. They have to take a longer term view. They should have overruled Beale and let Barasic go, keeps Barasic happy, gets money in.
Totally agree but Bisgrove let the fraud do what he wanted carte blanche.

Until the fraud started to try and shift some blame onto the board for his failings then they got rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back