• Issue 9: Priority Ticket Sales only viewable by eligible people

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Issue 10: Seatsub

Votes: 38 7.5%
  • Issue 11: Buying Matchday programmes should not be under Tickets

Votes: 12 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Look what I spotted on the Website when I went to put a ticket on SeatSub, a welcome addition to the top Menu items:

Pity the Ticket info is still out of date 5 days later but we're getting there B-D

I also think it could be good to have some menu items appear when you hover over each item where applicable, saves on extra clicks to the User. This already exists on the Ticket website.

Last edited:
Look what I spotted on the Website when I went to put a ticket on SeatSub, a welcome addition to the top Menu items:

Pity the Ticket info is still out of date 5 days later but we're getting there B-D

I also think it could be good to have some menu items appear when you hover over each item where applicable, saves on extra clicks to the User. This already exists on the Ticket website.
Ha ha, I'm on the official site every single day and hadn't noticed that - I was still accessing that page via the 'three-lines' menu top right.

You need to use a different colour in paint (or whatever) to highlight what you are referring to though - took me a wee while to notice your arrow in the photo.;)

Still can’t get Rangers tv to work on my phone or the telly e-mailed a couple of times!! Not heard a thing the whole customer service department gets better now someone has been appointed to take over can’t get much worse

Still can’t get Rangers tv to work on my phone or the telly e-mailed a couple of times!! Not heard a thing the whole customer service department gets better now someone has been appointed to take over can’t get much worse
No reason why it shouldn't work on your phone (unless its really old) - and TVs are hit and miss, it comes down to how good the browser is on your TV.

Give more details of your issue in the RangersTV thread and let's see if anyone can help you. Make/model of phone, wifi or 4g etc. And the first rule is - access via the website and not the App.

Ha ha, I'm on the official site every single day and hadn't noticed that - I was still accessing that page via the 'three-lines' menu top right.

You need to use a different colour in paint (or whatever) to highlight what you are referring to though - took me a wee while to notice your arrow in the photo.;)
Ha Ha, it was the colour options on my snip tool. The rest more or less couldn't be seen when used as it blends with the blue in the background, that was the lightest I had. :D

Ha Ha, it was the colour options on my snip tool. The rest more or less couldn't be seen when used as it blends with the blue in the background, that was the lightest I had. :D
I got there and spotted it in the end ha ha. Small steps but its progress.

Linked post from OP #1 which contains more detail of each item and proposal including detailed updates where applicable, as part of a thread tidy up

Issue 1: Upgrading Child/Concession to Adult
Reason: The current system isn't great, It's a lottery for a call back from an email and if I need to go to the Ticket office the current opening times means having to leave earlier to beat the queues and get into the stadium on time on matchday.
Proposed Solution: Provide a Website or App option to upgrade to an Adult and make the payment online.

Issue 2: Tickets are not a main menu item on the home page - UPDATE - Now live on the WebsiteB-D
Reason: Currently to purchase a Ticket you have to select the top right menu option, select Tickets, select Tickets again then select Home Matches. That's 4 clicks to get to the Ticket page which isn't a good experience especially for a revenue item. Alternative is 2 clicks by selecting Matches then Tickets next to the match you want, this isn't as intuitive as personally if I visit a website to book Tickets I look for a Tickets option first. My first thought when selecting the Matches option is it was just a fixture/results list.
Proposed Solution: Put Tickets as a main menu item and the first Ticket page should have Home Matches as an option reducing the amount of user clicks to get to where they want to go. Even better put the next upcoming match on the Home screen with a 'Get Tickets' option so it's reduced to one click for that particular game, If sold out then show this so no clicks are needed.

Issue 3: Lost Season Ticket temporary QR code - Updated 07/10/21
Reason:
Currently if you lose your season ticket you can order a new one online here. If a game is coming up then you have to get a ticket arranged at the Ticket office to gain access to the Stadium which could mean waiting in queues prior to the game or a ticket to come through the post (If they still do that)
Proposed Solution: Provide QR code instantly for any upcoming games that are on during the postage period for the new card to arrive. To avoid abuse of this for people selling tickets on and can't meet personally there could be a replacement QR code limit meaning after say the first or second one you have to get a paper ticket or there is an increased cost of replacement.
Update reason: Replacement cards can now be ordered online since 07/10/21 when they couldn't before so I have updated to only have the QR option requested now. Credit to @JamieBTB on this thread for bringing it to our attention

Issue 4: Match Fixtures/Results/Info not up to date
Reason: Occasionally when Users view the Matches section of the Website the information provided is out of date. This is more apparent when a Match has just completed or a fixture has been updated due to TV selection or Cup participation causing Matches to be moved.
Proposed Solution: The request is to have someone update this area of the Website as soon as this information is made available. This would keep it in line with other sources who update almost in real time and help drive more traffic to our own Website. Also a request to add the 'Day' as well as the date next to each match.

Issue 5: The Website appears 'over-optimised' for mobile devices
Reason: The selectable panels appear too large on a PC Monitor resulting in a lot of scrolling to see all the items on the page. The aspect also doesn't work correctly as the following example from @Valley Bluenose will explain: "Tickets for example. When I do this on my iPad and iPhone I can see the entire drop-down list. The whole thing. Complete. When I do it on a 1080p desktop monitor though I can only see the top of each letter of the bottom menu item, Help and Info, and can only just click on it. "
Proposed Solution: This may require a major redesign or at least a look at the size of each page item. PC Monitor optimisation is required and this could be a good case for an upgrade to a responsive webpage design

Issue 6: Club History Section
Reason: Currently there isn't a Club History Section, while the new Museum once complete will provide and inspired way to tell our Clubs story not everyone can attend personally.
Proposed Solution: Add a History Section telling the extraordinary story of our Club, Legends and our Magnificent Stadium

Issue 7: Detailed Bio of all Club Teams
Reason: At the moment only the First Team has a detailed Bio of all Players
Proposed Solution: Update to add Bio's of all Club Players of First Team, B Team, Woman's Team & Youth Teams

Issue 8: MyGers Points needs broken down and easier to find
Reason: A few complaints that current MyGers points aren't broken down and are not displayed within Account information making it difficult to find them.
Proposed Solution: Make MyGers points available to view within Account Information

Issue 9: Priority Ticket Sales only viewable by eligible people
Reason: The best recent example of this was the Old Firm game and the MyGers priority sale, People who weren't MyGers members were able to access the seats and add them to the basket to then be told they couldn't have them due to eligibility. This resulted in Tickets not being available for MyGers members until they were released from the Baskets again.
Proposed Solution: Set the system up to perform an eligibility check first before allowing users to continue to the next stage.

Issue 10: SeatSub
Reason: A few things here:
1. SeatSub is now available next to every match in the Matches section but if you select it matches more than a week or so away it only shows the next weeks games so makes extending the feature to all Matches pointless?
Proposed Solution - Allow SeatSub to be used for every Match available at any point of the Season by listings all games when it's selected

2. There is currently no history of SeatSub usage including if seats sold and how much credit was rewarded for each match
Proposed Solution - A request to show a history of SeatSub usage including if/when seats sold and how much credit was rewarded for each match and a total accumulation of credit towards next seasons purchase
Update 27/10/21 - Information is now available confirming if a Seat sold or not if you follow the information in this thread.

3. This is a nice to have but currently we can't sell our ticket to someone without physically passing the ticket to them, this may also be a grey area around someone else using the ticket as well but we know it happens.
Proposed Solution - Proposal to allow nominated people through SeatSub to purchase our ticket. Provide an option to add an email address/phone number/Rangers number of the nominee so they can be notified and log in to purchase at the usual price. A QR code can then be sent out to gain entry with the seller still receiving credit once sold

4. Currently if you want to return multiple tickets through SeatSub you have to log into each individual account to return them - New Addition 25/10/21
Proposed Solution -
If you have Friends & Family setup then SeatSub provides the option to choose a single, combination or all tickets under the one log in

Issue 11: Buying Matchday programmes should not be under Tickets
Reason: It’s an issue when the ticket office place CCCS tickets in your basket a few days before they check them out meaning you end up with more in the Basket than requested.
Proposed Solution: Don't auto add items that the user never selected to the Basket, may require a backend redesign to prevent this but still allow CCCS etc to be captured as a purchase

Last edited:

Just noticed today that when you select Tickets on the Website it no longer goes to the above page, instead it links direct to the Ticket Website Homepage. I think this is a better journey especially when the Ticket Info page is out of date a lot of the time.

Incidentally the Ticket Info page now shows the page below, not sure if this is a new approach to guide us to the Ticket Website for info or because there isn't any new Ticket Information to display?

Last edited:
Just noticed today that when you select Tickets on the Website it no longer goes to the above page, instead it links direct to the Ticket Website Homepage. I think this is a better journey especially when the Ticket Info page is out of date a lot of the time.

Incidentally the Ticket Info page now shows the page below, not sure if this is a new approach to guide us to the Ticket Website for info or because there isn't any new Ticket Information to display?

Looks to me like the Ticket Information page is about to become defunct and they simply want you to Login on the Tickets Homepage. Time will tell.

Been a while since my last update, I'm still waiting on detailed feedback for the original points made but I have been keeping an eye on the site to see if any features have been updated/added. Since the new Ticket option was added to the main menu I've only noticed the T&C's page has been updated for the 21/22 season, I don't have MyGers so if anyone does can you let me know if it's still the same when you go to that section?

A couple of current errors/issues I can still see on the site:

1. Season Ticket FAQ page which is entered through the Ticket site, hovering over Tickets on the menu ribbon and selecting Season Ticket FAQs returns a 404 error page.

2. When selecting the right hand hamburger menu (3 lines) option there is still a Christmas option there, should this still be there near the end of January?

online find duplicates

Last edited:
Single log in is a long term plan that Stewart Robertson confirmed they're working on, not as simple to implement as it's currently over a few different domains.
They were talking about that (early) last year from what I remember

Needs to be one account, not different for tickets / shop online

Single log in is a long term plan that Stewart Robertson confirmed they're working on, not as simple to implement as it's currently over a few different domains.
How many logins are there at present?

You’ve got the RTV login and the separate ticketing account login. Is that correct?

How many logins are there at present?

You’ve got the RTV login and the separate ticketing account login. Is that correct?
Yup. RangersTV and MyGers are same login. Ticket section is separate (though you could well set up both to be the same).

The shop, I think, is different again - but it’s a Castore operation. I just check out as a Guest there.

Yup. RangersTV and MyGers are same login. Ticket section is separate (though you could well set up both to be the same).

The shop, I think, is different again - but it’s a Castore operation. I just check out as a Guest there.
When I log into register games through MyGers I have to log in via the ticketing part of the website.

If I want to view my membership tier and MyGers points it’s the same, I go through the ticketing portal.

I think RTV and MyGers are totally separate.

There should be a MyGers hub where you can find the newsletters and monthly competitions etc.

He's already aware of it and was part of an initial meeting with Rangers about the items in the thread.
It’s really shouldn’t be necessary. Any professional should be able to look at the website and realise what a disaster it is.

Reminds me of the caterers asking at the start of the season what sort of food to cook.

When I log into register games through MyGers I have to log in via the ticketing part of the website.

If I want to view my membership tier and MyGers points it’s the same, I go through the ticketing portal.

I think RTV and MyGers are totally separate.

There should be a MyGers hub where you can find the newsletters and monthly competitions etc.
Maybe I’m confused and its Tickets and MyGers that are the same. Not being in MyGers I’m not certain. Just always thought it was RTV and MyGers that were the same.

On a different point I wonder how difficult it is to actually do this one login thing.

I guess the top dogs in the IT world are out of price range?

Genuinely curious.

On a different point I wonder how difficult it is to actually do this one login thing.

I guess the top dogs in the IT world are out of price range?

Genuinely curious.
Something they’ve been looking to address for at least a couple of years so it can’t be ‘straightforward’.

Given how poor the Ticket element of the website is, maybe it involves a complete revamp to that bit. Currently it doesn’t even look like part of the same website as the rest, which was updated over the last couple of years. It looks like you get linked to a completely different website.

Maybe I’m confused and its Tickets and MyGers that are the same. Not being in MyGers I’m not certain. Just always thought it was RTV and MyGers that were the same.
I think it may only be two log ins now, one for Main Site/RTV/Shop & one for Tickets/MyGers.

I'll do a check later to confirm for all apart from MyGers.

I think it may only be two log ins now, one for Main Site/RTV/Shop & one for Tickets/MyGers.

I'll do a check later to confirm for all apart from MyGers.
Seems I was wrong, it's currently 3 log ins that I've needed so far:

1. Main Site & RTV
2. Shop
3. Tickets/MyGers (Assuming MyGers as it sits within the ticket site)

One thing I've also noticed a lot using MyGers as an example, depending on what you want to look at certain sections or info pages reside in different domains. MyGers options open within the Ticket site apart from the FAQs which takes you back to the main site within a new Browser Tab, just seems a bit disjointed from a User Experience point of view.

Great thread here no one that a web developer supporting it would love.

Non-working promotions (free delivery) and inaccurate pricing should be on this list too.

Any current examples of this?
Yes. There was a recent weekend long promotion for free international delivery. When I went onto the website the shipping was applied as normal and you had to spend over $100 AUD to qualify for free international shipping.

also, there have been 3 separate occasions where the price on the product page has been different to the price in the basket. I have contacted support and they have given me a promo code to correct it.

in short, not good enough.

Yes. There was a recent weekend long promotion for free international delivery. When I went onto the website the shipping was applied as normal and you had to spend over $100 AUD to qualify for free international shipping.

also, there have been 3 separate occasions where the price on the product page has been different to the price in the basket. I have contacted support and they have given me a promo code to correct it.

in short, not good enough.
I've just realised who you are and remember your posts about it in the past.
@Greg Marshall seems there is still issues with the shop website and international sales with the recent free delivery promotion being affected.

Thanks

Been a while since my last update, I'm still waiting on detailed feedback for the original points made but I have been keeping an eye on the site to see if any features have been updated/added. Since the new Ticket option was added to the main menu I've only noticed the T&C's page has been updated for the 21/22 season, I don't have MyGers so if anyone does can you let me know if it's still the same when you go to that section?

A couple of current errors/issues I can still see on the site:

1. Season Ticket FAQ page which is entered through the Ticket site, hovering over Tickets on the menu ribbon and selecting Season Ticket FAQs returns a 404 error page.

2. When selecting the right hand hamburger menu (3 lines) option there is still a Christmas option there, should this still be there near the end of January?

online find duplicates
Just noticed today that both these issues are now sorted, Season Ticket FAQ now displaying and the Christmas menu option removed.
Thanks for passing it on @Greg Marshall

Was looking at the MyGers order page after reading about issues signing up to it on another thread, I noticed the Font sizing is all over the place. Small issue in the grand scheme of things but isn't a great look for the sight and a revenue driving page. Font is too small in my opinion and also some paragraphs/sentences are in different sizes. Pasting into Excel it seems we're using Gilroy 10 & 11.

@Boab
Issue on the mobile website is that some seats in the club deck don't appear making it a hassle when buying game tickets.

So seats 275 to 291 in CD6 aren’t viewable on the mobile website.

This might be reason for fans seeing tickets available in sections of the stadium and then not being any tickets available in that section.

pic upload edit

On iPhone XS and using safari browser.

@Boab
Issue on the mobile website is that some seats in the club deck don't appear making it a hassle when buying game tickets.

So seats 275 to 291 in CD6 aren’t viewable on the mobile website.

This might be reason for fans seeing tickets available in sections of the stadium and then not being any tickets available in that section.

pic upload edit

On iPhone XS and using safari browser.
@Greg Marshall one to feedback, not sure if this is a known issue or not. Thanks

The issue I have had is trying to add seats for Seatsub when not managing games. The app layout doesn't let me tick the boxes and continue because they are outwith the screen and I can't reduce the size. I have since learned though I have to use a browser (google) and use portrait on my phone to rotate 90°. Our app should be hassle free. click...click...click...done.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note9.

I had a very positive meeting this morning with @Greg Marshall and Robert Boyle who is the head of Digital for Rangers.

This was an introductory meeting for myself and Robert with some discussion around the challenges faced and future plans for improving the Digital Experience for Rangers fans online. The really good news is Robert has agreed to keep an open line of communication and has been very receptive to collaborate on any issues that are being raised, he will also follow up with me in the next week or so to provide updates on the key issues raised on this thread as a starting point.

While it has taken a while to get to this stage I'm satisfied with how the meeting went and confident things are moving in the right direction.

In the meantime I'm going to keep this thread more active with the original goal of collating as much feedback from everyone as possible to pass on to Rangers to make them aware and get them on their roadmap to improve or resolve.

If anyone has any news issues to report please add them to the thread.

Thanks

I had a very positive meeting this morning with @Greg Marshall and Robert Boyle who is the head of Digital for Rangers.

This was an introductory meeting for myself and Robert with some discussion around the challenges faced and future plans for improving the Digital Experience for Rangers fans online. The really good news is Robert has agreed to keep an open line of communication and has been very receptive to collaborate on any issues that are being raised, he will also follow up with me to provide updates on the key issues raised on this thread as a starting point.

While it has taken a while to get to this stage I'm satisfied with how the meeting went and confident things are moving in the right direction.

In the meantime I'm going to keep this thread more active with the original goal of collating as much feedback from everyone as possible to pass on to Rangers to make them aware and get them on their roadmap to improve or resolve.

Thanks
Well in @Boab glad the meeting went well.

Whilst its not part of your original points/poll I think the single biggest issue for most remains the antiquated Tickets part of the website and the database behind it. The Club have known about its failings for years and have repeatedly said it will be addressed. I appreciate that will be costly, but its the part of the website that brings the club the most income.

If they are willing, maybe they could use you to give a little feedback on what they propose and what, if any, timescale is on 'fixing' these issues?

Well in @Boab glad the meeting went well.

Whilst its not part of your original points/poll I think the single biggest issue for most remains the antiquated Tickets part of the website and the database behind it. The Club have known about its failings for years and have repeatedly said it will be addressed. I appreciate that will be costly, but its the part of the website that brings the club the most income.

If they are willing, maybe they could use you to give a little feedback on what they propose and what, if any, timescale is on 'fixing' these issues?
They're fully aware and it was a big talking point, I got an insight into the challenges of resolving some of the existing issues and can understand why it isn't an easy fix in some cases.

I'll keep you up to date on any progress on it where I can.

They're fully aware and it was a big talking point, I got an insight into the challenges of resolving some of the existing issues and can understand why it isn't an easy fix in some cases.

Much appreciated mate.

Good job squire

No sure if this relevant on here but I would like to see notifications from the app as to when tickets for games are available to purchase.

Personally, I believe our website, social & digital content strategy is the best it's been in years. We are light years ahead of most other clubs.

Where I believe we fall down is with the RangersTV side of things. Functionality is dated, not user-friendly enough and really needs investment & focus.

Not sure if this falls under the website project, but needs to be raised.

This was an introductory meeting for myself and Robert with some discussion around the challenges faced and future plans for improving the Digital Experience for Rangers fans online. The really good news is Robert has agreed to keep an open line of communication and has been very receptive to collaborate on any issues that are being raised, he will also follow up with me in the next week or so to provide updates on the key issues raised on this thread as a starting point.

Thanks

Did you meet in an office or on site? Mano to Mano?

Great work by the way.

Boab, thank you for this update. From your discussions, is there any advice on how a supporter can speak to a human. Sing customer advisor, out with a Matchday?

I can’t renew my ST due to an error (I believe) on the website. Ever since the renewal email came out, I am collecting “we have received your question” automated emails from Ibrox but to date no response to the question.

Personally, I believe our website, social & digital content strategy is the best it's been in years. We are light years ahead of most other clubs.

Where I believe we fall down is with the RangersTV side of things. Functionality is dated, not user-friendly enough and really needs investment & focus.

In what way mate? I get involved in most of the RangersTV threads on here in one way or another and I use it for every match as I live in Wales. I think its been virtually flawless this season in all honesty. For me at least. Albeit that is generally on a desktop or laptop.

There are issues with 'alternate' devices I agree - Fire TV Sticks, Nvidia Shield etc - but they are not listed as 'compatible' devices. I'd like to see more work on that area. I'd also like to see the button say 'Subscribe/Buy' rather than just 'Subscribe' as I find that confuses some folk. I'm interested to hear what you mean by 'dated functionality' and not being user-friendly though.

The App, I'm sure we'd all agree, is a bit of a nightmare.

Last edited:

Great work Boab.

Is it not maybe an idea of the club to share some of the difficulties they are having, that way it might actually help curb some of the complaints they get.

The more or less silence from them just adds to the issue i think. I've gave up accessing the website all together unless its when the ticket registrations open. Even with the limited amount of time i access it, its always a shambles.

I understand your probably not allowed to say what the issues are.

Agreed, small tweaks and changes needed now and then (as addressed by Boab), but the overall digital service is very clean and easy to use.

Back