Richard Gordon "Silva dived in the box"

I've just watched it a couple of times. Only explanation I can see is he had a very quick look, saw and heard McCausland shout and tried to dummy it to let it run through. Miss timed it and fell as it hit him. That's trying to be kind

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::)):)):))Silva just made an absolute rip roaring cunts of himself, that was all. He fell over his own feet and made himself look like a two Bob player that’s cost Wolves £40m.

Nothing you won’t see happening on the parks on a Sunday Morning to be fair, it’s only human…

Why would he dive? Makes zero sense.

He got his feet in a muddle and made a complete tit of himself. Quite ridiculous.

Bloopers reel around the world. Only rangers can have shit like this happen. (I know this is not true but bloody hell sometimes it seems we are cursed.)

Wind what in? People who hate our club are all claiming (falsel)y that it was a dive. He clearly made an arse of his run but you are happy to agree with Rangers hating throbbers like Richard Gordon and Mark Wilson.
No bother…
Read what I wrote ya maddy.

Initially when first watching it. Stop making a big deal out of nothing.

No bother indeed

Ball played across to him, just needs to tap it in but he falls over it.

Hard to know what happened, wasn’t a player next to him so it certainly wasn’t a dive although it had a similar motion to it – I’m assuming his toe gets caught on the turf or something.
His toe got caught in the turt.

I switched the radio on at half time so not sure if I heard right....but did Dick Gordon suggest the first goal could have been disallowed and brought back to give Tavernier a free kick. I'm sure he was suggesting no goal for Rangers because Rangers should have been awarded a free kick before.

It actually should have been a free kick, we weren't getting it though!
And I don't think he was playing advantage, ref just ignored a blatant foul, thank goodness!

I switched the radio on at half time so not sure if I heard right....but did Dick Gordon suggest the first goal could have been disallowed and brought back to give Tavernier a free kick. I'm sure he was suggesting no goal for Rangers because Rangers should have been awarded a free kick before.
Dick Gordon steps well over the line of questioning commentary into partial bias. Thinks he's a Scottish Lineker. He should be sacked and he's not the only one.

Wasn’t expecting the cut back and was caught with the ball a bit behind him and just fell

Spot on, can't believe that so many just cannot see this. Desser's pass was overhit therefore Silva contorted himself trying to divert the ball goalward.

It was obvious at the time that he was trying to sort out his feet.

I kind of blame Dessers for passing to him because noone expected that to happen, but it's another sign of the chemistry of the team just isn't right.

Too many lacklustre players not on the same wavelength.

He didn’t dive ffs.

Only thing embarrassing and pathetic is people saying he dived! He clearly doesn’t expect the cut back and either gets his studs caught or falls over the ball coming in.

Given, Dessers having to go wide, why didn't he expect and anticipate the cut back?

It certainly wasn't a dive but an embarrassingly bad moment for a professional footballer. We can live without him next season.

Anyone who thinks he dived doesn’t know football
I’d say anyone that believes his fall was a natural fall to tripping over the ball, doesn’t know football

If you trip over the ball or even on the grass, neither of which I think happened, your two arms don’t go into the air

He's not dived FFS.

I'm not a fan of Silva at all but he's got his feet muddled up, mainly because he's shite.

If he'd dived to try and win a penalty he'd have been shouting for a penalty, which he wasn't.

He clearly stumbled over and probably didn't anticipate the pass (which is poor) but it was certainly not a dive.

Actually thought, finishing aside, he made a positive impact off the bench. Much better than in recent games anyway.

I’d say anyone that believes his fall was a natural fall to tripping over the ball, doesn’t know football

If you trip over the ball or even on the grass, neither of which I think happened, your two arms don’t go into the air

If you are falling forward , your arms do shoot out so you don't break your fall with your face.

I watched the highlights on Rangers TV and he was in a huff after the second goal. First Cantwell didn't pass to him free on the left and then Dessers after his first shot came back to him and Silva had moved centrally.

He didn't celebrate it.

He is a young guy , angry at being taken off the last few matches and wanting to be a hero.
I think that played on his mind and he wasn't expecting Dessers to pass.

There's actually Rangers supporters all over social media who think he dived for a pen. Who needs enemies? Anyone who knows an ounce of football knows exactly what happened.

Ball was slightly behind him tbf.

He’s just a poor player and hopefully we learn from loaning players such as him in future

Gordon is always laughing and joking on Sportsound when Aberdeen lose to Celtc, almost as if he's a Celtc fan.

Looks to me as if he's caught in two minds on whether to dummy it. Don't know why but things happen fast in a game. Can remember times trying to head a cross when it's only a couple of feet off the ground, and going for volleys that I would have been better heading. Once you get it in your mind what you're going to do it can be difficult to change quickly and to me that looks like what has happened. He has possibly had it in his head that he would dummy it for McAusland then changed his mind too late when he realised it wouldn't get to McAusland.

I can understand haters of Rangers saying it's a dive - it's what they do. But our own fans?

Back