Ricky Foster saying Balogun went to ground too easy for the penalty

It's crazy the abuse Foster takes on here. He has been very positive about Rangers every time he has been on Sportscene. Here is what he actually said, and the context in which he said it.

ST: "Was this a penalty for you?"
RF: "Yeh I think it is. He drags him back."
ST: "It's in the soft category"
RF: "It is, but I think big andy..he gets the wrong side of him. So he just kind of puts his arms on him. He does go down easily but..
MS: "Soft or hard it's still a pen"
RF: "Yeh it's still a pen."

Someone on the FF match thread said “we will get a very soft pk on our next appeal after that” when the Roofe decision was turned down.

It was a pk on Balogun for me but I can see why a multitude of defenders are saying it’s soft. I don’t get Thomson as a striker saying it’s soft, he should be saying it’s a clear pk given he was an attacking player and would have gone down himself in the same circumstances.

It's crazy the abuse Foster takes on here. He has been very positive about Rangers every time he has been on Sportscene. Here is what he actually said, and the context in which he said it.

RF: "It is, but I think big andy..he gets the wrong side of him. So he just kind of puts his arms on him. He does go down easily but..
Burn the witch!

I actually don’t mind foster, folks lose the plot over nothing!

Surprised he could tear himself away from the mirror to watch the game.
They are required to be controversial, following the pundits handbook of around the1974 World Cup.
One says yes, the other no. It’s boring as hell but the BBC think it’s cutting edge.

Someone on the FF match thread said “we will get a very soft pk on our next appeal after that” when the Roofe decision was turned down.

It was a pk on Balogun for me but I can see why a multitude of defenders are saying it’s soft. I don’t get Thomson as a striker saying it’s soft, he should be saying it’s a clear pk given he was an attacking player and would have gone down himself in the same circumstances.
Was me mate.

It was a stick on the ref would know at HT he made a howler and would give something to gloss over it.

Don’t let the facts get in the way of a rant about a former player of ours who isn’t staunch as feck and dares to have his own opinion!

First time in a loooong time I watched sportscene last night, was expecting foster to be a wank, but he was nothing but positive towards Rangers.
And this post is misleading, Foster said that it was 100% a penalty

As usual, people on here looking to be offended and angry at something.
We are playing well and winning games, why can't some of our fans just enjoy it and be happy.

Back