Ricky Foster saying Balogun went to ground too easy for the penalty

It's crazy the abuse Foster takes on here. He has been very positive about Rangers every time he has been on Sportscene. Here is what he actually said, and the context in which he said it.

ST: "Was this a penalty for you?"
RF: "Yeh I think it is. He drags him back."
ST: "It's in the soft category"
RF: "It is, but I think big andy..he gets the wrong side of him. So he just kind of puts his arms on him. He does go down easily but..
MS: "Soft or hard it's still a pen"
RF: "Yeh it's still a pen."

It is the internet, mate, we're all pretty much expected to be completely irrational at some point or other.

Foster seemed to be wearing a skeleton outfit that you see kids dressed in at Halloween , the black one that shows all the bones in the body . It was surreal I don’t know if anyone else noticed it or if I had too many beers yesterday

The Aberdeen player had two hands on his shoulders pulling him down :D

Did he not say it was still a penalty though and Celtic's wasn't?

I thought he also said we played very well and could've scored way more and that the Celtic defence is all over the place.

Tbf, Sportscene last night was us getting wholesome praise from Thompson, Stewart and Foster, while they tore the mentally challengeds apart.

Stewart is still an absolute throbber, but while I don't agree with Foster's politics, he's always full of praise for us whenever he's on.

Nothing for us to be too critical about last night imo.

People are desperate to make him the next Michael Stewart. Can only imagine the abuse I would get if I was on Sportscene.
Depends, do you and your Mrs vote SNP and was your Mrs very publicly critical of our goalkeeper during the very public allegations he went through.

Sometimes reputations are earned.

Someone on the FF match thread said “we will get a very soft pk on our next appeal after that” when the Roofe decision was turned down.

It was a pk on Balogun for me but I can see why a multitude of defenders are saying it’s soft. I don’t get Thomson as a striker saying it’s soft, he should be saying it’s a clear pk given he was an attacking player and would have gone down himself in the same circumstances.

Pretty much the same as Katic at the piggery.

It was soft, but still a definite penalty.

To be fair, he maybe does - if he had wanted to stay up then he could have.

But the beauty is he doesn’t have to, he has the right to go down, and it is a pen, albeit soft.

It will be funny if his misses will be asked to surrender 60% of her annual income in an independent Scotland. What a U turn that will be.

"Ye know I'm moving to America to be close to my work"

This idiot had a pop a Tavs defending ffs?

Along the lines of his scored plenty but question mark's about his defensive abilities...A defence that's conceded 3 goals! - This from Ricky bloody foster.
Not sure he actually had a pop as such at Tavs defending either.

What he said was that Tav has had his critics defensively and, without either agreeing or disagreeing with those critics, went on to reference Tavs stats saying that a right winger would be pleased with them never mind a right full back.

MS chipped in commenting that we don't actually do much defending these days.

The entire panel seemed to agree that the penalty was the correct decision and were, in fact, very complimentary towards us.

Whether Foster, without actually saying it, was inferring that there were still issues with Tavs defensive play I don't know but that's not how I saw it.

Still - if we need something to moan about "Ricky feckin' Foster Grrrrr!!!!"

:rolleyes:

Did he not say it was still a penalty though and Celtic's wasn't?

I thought he also said we played very well and could've scored way more and that the Celtic defence is all over the place.

Tbf, Sportscene last night was us getting wholesome praise from Thompson, Stewart and Foster, while they tore the mentally challengeds apart.

Stewart is still an absolute throbber, but while I don't agree with Foster's politics, he's always full of praise for us whenever he's on.

Nothing for us to be too critical about last night imo.

Did they comment on the first half penalty MU ?

It's crazy the abuse Foster takes on here. He has been very positive about Rangers every time he has been on Sportscene. Here is what he actually said, and the context in which he said it.

ST: "Was this a penalty for you?"
RF: "Yeh I think it is. He drags him back."
ST: "It's in the soft category"
RF: "It is, but I think big andy..he gets the wrong side of him. So he just kind of puts his arms on him. He does go down easily but..
MS: "Soft or hard it's still a pen"
RF: "Yeh it's still a pen."
Hell, don’t go telling the truth. Then folk will have nothing to hate on.

Depends, do you and your Mrs vote SNP and was your Mrs very publicly critical of our goalkeeper during the very public allegations he went through.

Sometimes reputations are earned.
Sorry but it’s like the boy who cried wolf on here. We should criticise people when they actually do something wrong rather than constantly finding something in nothing.

What angers me is the when we get a penalty we always have to defend it as if it's never warranted no one scrutinises their penalties or any other team penalties as much.

Sorry but it’s like the boy who cried wolf on here. Criticise people when they actually do something wrong rather than constantly finding something in nothing.
Agree mate, on this one you are correct to ensure people understand the whole story behind this one thing. But overall Foster and his Mrs have made their bed with the Rangers support IMO.

They say a soft penalty,but still a penalty, what about the one after it that Walsh didn't give,same thing pulling at corner kick.no surrender w.a.t.p

As usual, people on here looking to be offended and angry at something.
We are playing well and winning games, why can't some of our fans just enjoy it and be happy.
Only we on FF can criticise the team.
He had his arms firstly around his waste then shoulders.
I hate when ex players have to throw something in order to look unbiased.
Aberdeen got tanked, no need to look at anything in detail as loser Mcinnes did.

Only we on FF can criticise the team.
He had his arms firstly around his waste then shoulders.
I hate when ex players have to throw something in order to look unbiased.
Aberdeen got tanked, no need to look at anything in detail as loser Mcinnes did.
Theyre paid to look at things in detail ffs haha.
Foster and Stewart both said several times that Aberdeen were beaten easily and that injuries, penalty or deflections made no difference.

Think you will find there’s more SNP Rangers supporters than the latter,I’m sad to say I may add.
Recently yes, but most were labour voters up until a few years ago.
Growing up in the 70/80s, there was a kind of mutual repect with tims in our area bar a minority.
All were labour voters.
Now , they are a new breed who arent afraid to show their colours in business/ politics etc.
We need to watch at all future elections from councillors to mps

Theyre paid to look at things in detail ffs haha.
Foster and Stewart both said several times that Aberdeen were beaten easily and that injuries, penalty or deflections made no difference.
Ok , get that.
Maybe i should start watching it.
Anyway the 2 you mentioned still are a couple of warmers.

it is ridiculous that this is a thing, when the most ridiculous penalty of the weekend is barely being talked about. Even Michael Stewert said the Celtic penalty was not one... let that sink in... it must have been a god awful decision for him to admit it was not a penalty.

Foster seemed to be wearing a skeleton outfit that you see kids dressed in at Halloween , the black one that shows all the bones in the body . It was surreal I don’t know if anyone else noticed it or if I had too many beers yesterday
And a seagull had shat on him on the way into the studio. Not sure if he had noticed.

A penalty is a penalty....simples , a bit like these pundits we have on offside decisions.....he was marginally offside , or it was close.....?.
Sad thing is you don't seem to get ex mentally challengeds behaving like these two goons on Sportscene

Last edited:
Back