Right who are we bringing in now that players have left??

Gazza no8

Official Ticketer
Grezda , Rudden , Murphy , Barjones , King all away

Docherty just about away too

SG said if we can move on few then he could bring 1 in

who is the fav to come in or what position??

a striker for me , boy from Charlton, Lyle Taylor , 6 months left on deal , possibly could be used as part of the Docherty deal?

I’ve mentioned this in other threads but I feel if we don’t sign three players in certain positions we will be taking a risk. We need a top quality right inside forward whether that be on loan or not I don’t know, a back-up for Borna and a third striker- Campbell maybe?

I agree a striker but, it'll be one for the future. With Buff out for just a few weeks i can't see a well known name coming in to sit as 3rd choice.

I would like us to try and get a couple of cross border bosmans tied up for next season if possible.

Needs to be an attacking option. My fear is Alfie will miss more games and I would not like to be relying on Defoe.

I guess we could amend formation and introduce Kent through the middle or perhaps Stewart.

Reactions: cav
Not convinced we will bring anyone in to be honest. Only way is if we move on a first team player. If we do bring someone in I think it needs to be a wide man/striker

I would love to see Fleck here but don’t think we are in his range of wages does anyone know his wage rate?

We have a big squad. Stewart is capable of acting as the 3rd striker and other forward areas. We also have circa £8m gap to fill in the finances.

This window was about trimming a bloated squad. If a 1st team moves out that’s a different kettle of fish.

I don't think we will sign anyone this window, signing Kent on deadline day bust have blown a huge hole in any transfer budget we had left

I would love to see Fleck here but don’t think we are in his range of wages does anyone know his wage rate?

One of the last players Sheffield would let go. It would take serious dojo, who do you drop for him also?

Our priority should be for a 3rd striker, refs are probably going to target Alfredo and if Defoe were to get injured we'd struggle.

Don’t think we’ll be bringing anyone in - still think we could do with a striker but we’ll just have to try and stay injury/suspension free.

One of the last players Sheffield would let go. It would take serious dojo, who do you drop for him also?
That’s a hard question but my opinion Steve David isn’t going to last forever I would use him to help Davis get rest

These guys who are leaving this window have none or very few minutes. Unless a first team starter goes I can't see us signing anyone.

We need an option of a big battering ram who's good in the air.Not suggesting him, but a Cosgrove type would be ideal for our style of play.

January's window can be very useful. Last year we signed:

Jermain Defoe (Bournemouth, loan)
Steven Davis (Southampton, loan)
Andy Firth (Barrow)
Matt Polster (Chicago Fire)
Glen Kamara (Dundee)

And Defoe, Davis, Firth and Kamara are all now integral to our plans and in my opinion Kamara and Davis are first team picks (and Polster may also have a role to play)

I have no doubts that at least one new face will be in before the window shuts at the end of January - and I also have a feeling we might tie up a couple of pre-contracts. It is a long season and I would be concerned if we were to rely on a diminishing squad to see us through.

My biggest fear at the moment is an injury to Barisic. With Patterson coming in to the squad we have pretty decent cover everywhere else.

Back