RIP big Malky McPherson (Grapes Bar)

Big Malky sat in front of me in the Copland front for years until he started carrying the flag and moved to the enclosure, i last spoke to him before lockdown when he had part of his foot amputated but he was still his usual cheerful self, my best memory of him was that unforgettable night in Florence when Nacho scored that penalty, Malky was standing just across from me i ran over and planted a big smacker on his cheek and we we ended up rolling about the stairs, RIP big man.
If this is you Iain I remember it well,sad news about Malky,nice big guy

Knew the big man from the bus and the pub, larger than life character and as others have said as big a bluenose as your ever likely to meet!

Rest easy big Fella!

As Malky's niece, can I just say how comforting it is reading the stories on here. He was a true legend and will be sorely missed by us all but we all have amazing memories with him and I am so grateful that he took me to every Rangers game/reserve game/ex players funerals/anything Rangers related really!

I used to stare at him in awe as a young girl, sobbing after Rangers lost a game. (Which to be fair wasn't many at that time!)

He honestly lived and breathed Rangers and I am so glad we managed to secure 55 on his Birthday.

This isn't goodbye, it's just see you later

As Malky's niece, can I just say how comforting it is reading the stories on here. He was a true legend and will be sorely missed by us all but we all have amazing memories with him and I am so grateful that he took me to every Rangers game/reserve game/ex players funerals/anything Rangers related really!

I used to stare at him in awe as a young girl, sobbing after Rangers lost a game. (Which to be fair wasn't many at that time!)

He honestly lived and breathed Rangers and I am so glad we managed to secure 55 on his Birthday.

This isn't goodbye, it's just see you later

What a lovely and fitting tribute to your Uncle Malky.

Is it possible that you can inform us of the time and details of Malky's funeral if that is ok with the family. If indeed it has not already passed.

I, and I'm sure many others, would like to attend if only at the safe distance that present protocols demand.

Thankyou in advance.

Rest easy Malky,

I was actually talking about you in my shop last week. Gutted to hear this news and love to your family through this sad time. :-(

Back