Robby McCrorie to Livingston on loan

Did his brother play at the weekend?

Other than a friendly I've never seen Robby play but he gets rave reviews. 6 months at Livi, then next season out on loan again (at a high level) and he might be ready for the top spot depending on McGregor.

Last edited:
Brilliant to see this boy continue to improve and succeed and increasingly higher levels. Would love to see him as our first choice number number 1 in the future and for many years to come.

Sounds like an ideal move for the youngster. Continues his development and gives him some experience of playing in the top league. Might even help Livi take some points off the tims as well.

Liam Kelly seemed to accelerate his development substantially at Livingston so hopefully we see the same with McCrorie and see him taking #1 in the next few seasons.

As did the Aston Villa Keeper, he was on loan in like the 7th tier last year. This season he progressed massively and ended up getting capped my Montenegro.

Livi obviously do something right when it comes to keepers. 6-18 months on loan at livi could set him up wonderfully to dislodge McGregor.

Foderingham’s replacement next season and McGregor’s the season after that

This move to Livi is possibly indicating that now.

I would have preferred him to have a full year on loan to a team like Livi (or lower premiership/high championship team). As long as he continues to progress he could then take over from McGregor at the start of the 2021/2022 season.

I would imagine we could get another no2 in on a year contract with minimal fuss.

Not too happy about him diving around a hard plastic pitch every second week . Hopefully he emerges unscathed and a better player for his experience

That could be a great move for him if it's true. If he gets game time, it'll be invaluable experience that should benefit ourselves down the line. Good luck to the lad.

Good move, will give us a chance to see how he does at this level before being number 2 to McGregor.

Brilliant move for him.

Said on another thread that i think he will be our number 2 next season, hopefully further his development working with McGregor for a year before becoming our number 1 season after if McGregor decides to retire.

Good move for him and an opportunity to see how he gets on in the SPFL.

I saw that Villa had recalled the goalie that Livi had. I'm unsure if they sold him or not but I think Heaton is out long term and the other keepers they have weren't very good. They signed Pepe Reina on loan too

Met him, his brother and Glenn Middleton in Edinburgh Airport last season when they were about to fly out on Scotland U21 duty. Really nice guy. Would be a good move for him getting some top flight experience. Especially if he's going to be the successor for Shagger

Back