Robert Marshall: Police Scotland

I don't really understand the police involvement. There has never been a threat of violence towards anyone

Any threat was of business practice which is a civil matter.

There is a difference in Scots law between civil and criminal, this is all civil.

I’d be absolutely amazed to find out there was any basis to this because the Police wouldn’t get involved.
I think they v who be implying rm is inciting trouble and they have recieved threats

Or

With rm saying he would release information which he hasn't as of yet is a tactic to scare actually reminds me of what Ashley did with King

I fully believe 1872 is a brilliant concept but reality is it always attracted blazer chasers partly why I don't fund into it

But I would of it had proper governance and was run by an independent salaryied ceo with growth KPI's

The board could then manage the performance review and other projects

@Robert Marshall, I hope you and your family are okay. Family is such that what one affects one affects all. The rest until then is irrelevant.

The turn in situation is absolutely vile. I can't offer much beyond words on a keyboard from Amsterdam, but I've had the pleasure of speaking both to you and your lad and for whatever it's worth know that my thoughts and support are with you are yours.

For the police to be involved some serious allegations must have been made. This is shocking. They want credibility when they do stuff like this?

This post adds zero.

C1872 is a major shareholder in the club derailed by a couple of wrong uns.

It's an utter farce and there's feck all wring with most supporters clubs.
“Derailed by a couple of wrong uns” that’s the issue. My post adds the fact that infighting has always been a problem amongst Rangers fans. Like it or not.

You’re last sentence is incoherent nonsense that I’m not going to humour as no one has said theres an issue with supporters clubs.

Given that Club 1872 has a morality clause, that they've already used to preclude members to stand for election, a cynic might suggest they're trying to create a situation to remove someone as a member and, as such, not have to comply with said demands.

That said, anyone who didn't see this entire car crash coming when the merger between RST and RF was pushed through on the orders of the board of directors of the club at that time, is a fool.

I was requested to attend by Police Scotland tonight at Govan Police Station
I took my Solicitor along with me, They informed me that a complaint had been made against me regarding Club 1872
I answered all the questions and the Police were satisfied with my answers
I was advised there would be no charges and I was free to go, so I left with my Solicitor

I will not be making any more comments on this thread after advice from my solicitor
Gan canny, Robert. For all Dave King has done, I was always sceptical about a share issue that compensated him ahead of the club getting any direct investment.

“Derailed by a couple of wrong uns” that’s the issue. My post adds the fact that infighting has always been a problem amongst Rangers fans. Like it or not.

You’re last sentence is incoherent nonsense that I’m not going to humour as no one has said theres an issue with supporters clubs.
But like he says your post is gibberish and adds zero to the debate

1872 aren't even a supporters club as such and most supporters clubs are fine and this desert island pish adds zero.

This has all played out on here over the past few weeks but it has not presented a membership's frustrations in their organization in a good light publically. By that, I mean getting the message out in the mainstream.

C1872, kept their counsel, had the support of a respected former Rangers chairman (regardless of motive), whose ability to place his and their perspective in the MSM was both powerful and very public. Then followed the release of a C1872 document to all members.

Regardless of how we feel on this forum, that action has been an orchestrated campaign to deflect and disparage their opponents' credibility. And, I'd argue that any member not associated with FF and the threads discussing this will probably feel C1872 has and is acting in their interests.

Many, if not most, Rangers fans despise the Scottish MSM, but I just can't help feel having a friendly journalist in the members' corner, able to write "the disgruntled membership" piece, might have been more powerful than this forum in getting the initial message out in the first place.

I wish RM and all the other unhappy C1872 members on here all the best in their fight to bring the administration and transparency to C1872 to a level that they deserve.
The Sun article appeared online - in today’s paper it was barely given two inches.

I took my Solicitor along with me, They informed me that a complaint had been made against me regarding Club 1872
I was advised there would be no charges and I was free to go, so I left with my Solicitor

I will not be making any more comments on this thread after advice from my solicitor
The cry big chap ns

I contributed to rangers first initially (I’m sure it was called this?, correct me if I’m wrong) & then when they all merged I cancelled my DD. I was annoyed that Club 1872 just took over.

club 1872 sounds like a shit show nowadays

It wasn’t chopped. It was merged.
See how easy it is to start a false rumour that can cause no end of trouble? There would appear to be a battle of egos going on which does our club no good whatsoever. Until we are given ALL the FACTS it’s difficult to make a judgement on the whole situation, but one thing is clear- it all does our club nothing but harm.

I suspect they probably made a complaint of harassment as some of Robert’s posts on the thread about calling an EGM referred to him being about to reveal information that they certainly would not want revealed by the sounds of it.
As has been said above, going to the police is straight out of the spiv playbook and not something I would expect of an organization that believes in fair play, honesty and transparency.

LI think they v who be implying rm is inciting trouble and they have recieved threats
Or

With rm saying he would release information which he hasn't as of yet is a tactic to scare actually reminds me of what Ashley did with King

I fully believe 1872 is a brilliant concept but reality is it always attracted blazer chasers partly why I don't fund into it

But I would of it had proper governance and was run by an independent salaryied ceo with growth KPI's

The board could then manage the performance review and other projects

Bunch of chunts getting the Police involved

Had my Rangers First membership which was then swallowed up with the merger to Club1872. Stopped contributing shortly after.

As a fan base I believe our money is best used towards owning club assets similar to what we have with Glasgow Life. They own the Ibrox complex but we have leased it for 25 years and will provide all money for up keep and enhancements.

This is the route the fans should go down. Own Auchenhowie, own the pitch/stadium rent it to the Club for £1 a year in the belief that they will upkeep and enhance. A rolling agreement that is looked at every 5 years or when the major shareholders change.

The Sun article appeared online - in today’s paper it was barely given two inches.
Online or even 1 inch does not matter really, does it? It's still out there in the court of public opinion.

I truly do hope you guys get a positive outcome.

Anybody could have made the complaint, a mentally challenged perhaps.

Don't underestimate their obsession and depravity.

If it was someone within the leadership of C1872 then it's scorched earth and it's pathetic.

If we've learnt a lesson over the last 20 years, it is transparency is paramount for this club moving forward. Club 1872?

Maybe time members started telling Club1872 board that if they don’t start behaving in a proper manner then payments will be withdrawn.

That's my DD getting cancelled.
Been paying it for more years than I can remember.

I think my original thoughts were that I'd be helping the club.
That's so far off the mark.

This post adds zero.

C1872 is a major shareholder in the club derailed by a couple of wrong uns.

It's an utter farce and there's feck all wring with most supporters clubs.
It's not the wider Rangers supports fault that these 3+1 have tried to hijack C1872 for their own ends.

The principles of fans owning a significant enough shareholding, to ensure 2012 will never be repeated, remain solid for me.

I hope this is sorted quickly and C1872 gets back on track. It doesn't deserve being trashed on the back of a few untrustworthy individuals.

Don’t like saying this as I have huge admiration for King and everything he has done

however, it’s becoming more and more obvious to me that the real reason King is backing the current charlatans running club1872 is because they appear to be on board with him with the agreement to buy his shares off him so he can recoup his money.

I would speculate that this action may well be a prelude to using section 30.3 of the Articles of Association against RM. I reproduce said article below with my bold for what I believe to be the relevant section.

This situation seems to be getting uglier by the minute. My sense is that it is highly likely to end up before a judge.

30.3. If a Contributor during the period of their membership publishes material which is obscene, abusive, sectarian, racist, defamatory or which otherwise brings the Company into disrepute or engages in abusive, intimidating or aggressive behaviour the Board of Directors shall be entitled to terminate that Contributor’s membership and to refuse to accept any subsequent application for membership made by such former Contributor. A decision to terminate may not be made unless the Contributor has been given at least 14 Clear Days’ notice that the decision is to be proposed specifying the circumstances alleged to justify termination of membership and has been given a reasonable opportunity to make written representations to the Directors. Where the Contributor’s status is terminated by the Board of Directors the Company will communicate such decision to the Contributor in writing and neither the Company nor the Directors shall have any liability to such former Contributor in respect of any contributions made to the Company by the former Contributor after such termination.

Don’t like saying this as I have huge admiration for King and everything he has done

however, it’s becoming more and more obvious to me that the real reason King is backing the current charlatans running club1872 is because they appear to be on board with him with the agreement to buy his shares off him so he can recoup his money.
King would have no problem selling his shares, to anyone.
To suggest KIng is only in this for his money back is preposterous.

I was one of what felt like about 4 people who voted against the merging of the 2 (as a season ticket holder at the time)

Always felt throwing all your eggs into one basket was a mistake.

Sadly that seems to be proving true

I’ll never subscribe to club 1872 again until it’s sorted out, with total transparency to us the fans. I’m a life member and was an 1872 a month member also until they decided to do things without our vote. I totally agree with you Robert 100%, I hope us as an FF group could put more pressure on them, but we’d need advice beforehand.

"fan ownership" is a great idea but ultimately won't work.
Other than raising funds to sucure Ibrox, Auchinhowie and other relevant assets that would keep them from falling into Vultures hands and sold off in the event of Admin/Liquidation again.

Witch hunt comes to mind here.

I would speculate that this action may well be a prelude to using section 30.3 of the Articles of Association against RM. I reproduce said article below with my bold for what I believe to be the relevant section.

This situation seems to be getting uglier by the minute. My sense is that it is highly likely to end up before a judge.

30.3. If a Contributor during the period of their membership publishes material which is obscene, abusive, sectarian, racist, defamatory or which otherwise brings the Company into disrepute or engages in abusive, intimidating or aggressive behaviour the Board of Directors shall be entitled to terminate that Contributor’s membership and to refuse to accept any subsequent application for membership made by such former Contributor. A decision to terminate may not be made unless the Contributor has been given at least 14 Clear Days’ notice that the decision is to be proposed specifying the circumstances alleged to justify termination of membership and has been given a reasonable opportunity to make written representations to the Directors. Where the Contributor’s status is terminated by the Board of Directors the Company will communicate such decision to the Contributor in writing and neither the Company nor the Directors shall have any liability to such former Contributor in respect of any contributions made to the Company by the former Contributor after such termination.
The only problem is, asking the board of a group you’re a member of and paying for the privilege of that membership, for an EGM isn’t illegal, threatening or any other adjective they want to throw out.

This looks like petty revenge from a group/board desperate to cover up what they’ve been up to. if Club 1872 think this is win win positive PR for them, then sorry, they’ve misjudged it and are sadly mistaken.

Latest posts

Back