Rodgers "Next Saturday we'll have a bit of fun".

Status
Not open for further replies.
what I asked you was a viable question and nothing to do with being "all mouth". Why do you watch us , if you have already given up for the match against them? You just don't get it do you? This was Rodgers trying to put pressure on our fans and players for 2morrow's match and you have fell for it!

The Scum fans will be howling at the amount who have already given up for next week!

Will the players fall for it?

I’ll be at Ibrox tomorrow cheering for a Rangers win. There will be no away support at their shit hole next Saturday.

Are you surprised at a support that have given up on these players who have bottled many opportunities, titles and trophies. Time and time again they have let us down and that is exactly as to why I want the majority gone.

They don’t have the bollocks to go to Parkhead and win. Can’t even beat them at Ibrox. They couldn’t get the job done at Ross County and after the usual bullshit - we learn and move on… - we piss the bed at Dens Park.

I much prefer the old:

"PIN IT TAE THE DRESSIN ROOM WAW"

type posts, as you could feel the staunch from them.

I don’t disagree with the the “pin it to the dressing room” sentiment.

Rangers men never used to quiver in fear of the mentally challengeds.

I can remember some seasons under Big Eck. Advocaat when it went tits up.

We stood less of a chance at Torbett towers in some of those early noughties days than we do next Saturday.

But people weren’t as cowed and pathetic as they are now.

When did the Rangers support completely lose its bottle ?

I fucking hate Rodgers but let’s face it they’ve kicked on whilst we’ve went into atypical “cuck” mode. Key players have went awol and the usual suspects are happy to hide in plain sight.

It’s truly disgusting that we can’t muster fight enough to beat Ross County or worse beat Dun-fucking-Dee.

Killie tomorrow will be another shit show because the players we need to turn up and to inspire us have their heads in the sand of fanciful life changing contracts elsewhere and others we need to step up are on the precipice of throwing the remainder of their footballing careers away in a Turkish footballing shite hole.

The contracts team behind the scenes need replaced quick step they are a fucking cancer at the heart of the club. It’s nothing short of negligence.

Agreed.

What Clement is meant to do with that is beyond me.
I would love to see some type of curve ball.

If we're gonna go direct and we don't trust our front three why not play a 5-3-1-1

But he's a very methodical manager so that will never happen. And even then it's not like we have an Aribo who could play closer to the striker.

There's our team talk!! but will our players choose to use his comments... I feel if they can't put up a fight next week they shouldn't be wearing the Rangers top.

I do wonder if our players ask.themselves how the Rangers support feel about Rodgers ripping the pish like this? It's about time they rewarded the guys that pay their wages with a determined and full-blooded performance when it could still mean something. Hopefully Dujon gets to put some fire in bellies.

Again I'm not sure you understand hypocrisy.
The amount of fans shitting themselves over next week is pathetic.
I don’t think you understand human psychology. What’s hypocritical? All I know is you think false bravado makes you better, and you’re angry that others are basing their outlook on recent form against them instead of sharing in your false bravado.

Last edited:
I don’t disagree with the the “pin it to the dressing room” sentiment.

Rangers men never used to quiver in fear of the mentally challengeds.

I can remember some seasons under Big Eck. Advocaat when it went tits up.

We stood less of a chance at Torbett towers in some of those early noughties days than we do next Saturday.

But people weren’t as cowed and pathetic as they are now.

When did the Rangers support completely lose its bottle ?

Watching our squad lose their bottle continuously in Old Firm games for years has done it the fan base. I felt like we could beat them in any game under Gerrard because he treated those games in a manner befitting of the fixture. He showed them the contempt they deserve.

I would love to see some type of curve ball.

If we're gonna go direct and we don't trust our front three why not play a 5-3-1-1

But he's a very methodical manager so that will never happen. And even then it's not like we have an Aribo who could play closer to the striker.
.....and this will be his downfall, he has to change his easy to play through system, a solid midfield is key in these games.

I fucking hate Rodgers but let’s face it they’ve kicked on whilst we’ve went into atypical “cuck” mode. Key players have went awol and the usual suspects are happy to hide in plain sight.

It’s truly disgusting that we can’t muster fight enough to beat Ross County or worse beat Dun-fucking-Dee.

Killie tomorrow will be another shit show because the players we need to turn up and to inspire us have their heads in the sand of fanciful life changing contracts elsewhere and others we need to step up are on the precipice of throwing the remainder of their footballing careers away in a Turkish footballing shite hole.

The contracts team behind the scenes need replaced quick step they are a fucking cancer at the heart of the club. It’s nothing short of negligence.

I see it now.tav gifts the usual early chance within the first 5 mins.

We then steady the ship and start to play a bit, we're on top and carve out some chances.

When we fail to score by 25 mins we go back into our shell and allow Killie to come out and put us under pressure.

A %^*& up in midfield or the defence allows Killie to score with their first shot on target.

Ibrox becomes toxic.

It's all so predictable man.

I wouldn't accuse them of not caring. They simply don't have the quality to be consistent

We need a higher standard of player
That's a fact. We were accustomed to bringing in quality and there would have been plenty back then of what we spent this season.

Unfortunately times have changed the money we spend is small change with the value of average players way higher than they should be.

We need a major new strategy to move forward, but it's not going to be easy and tbh, I've no idea

All I can think is, it will need to be a mixture of young players coming through together, along with some experienced players. The present direction is getting us nowhere.

^^^ one things for sure if we go one up we won’t kick on and put the game out of sight to make ALL our lives and watching if the game easy.

Watching our squad lose their bottle continuously in Old Firm games for years has done it the fan base. I felt like we could beat them in any game under Gerrard because he treated those games in a manner befitting of the fixture. He showed them the contempt they deserve.

Then the fan base should look to history.

This isn’t close to our most tortuous spell against the mentally challengeds.

And the fan base should continue to study their history and see that nothing lasts forever.

When it’s your turn to take your medicine in Glasgow, you have to suck it up. It’s been the case since the advent of professional football.

People need new hobbies if they can’t accept the rough times.

But I’ll repeat - I don’t see anything to be afraid of next Saturday.

They are favourites sure. But I can’t see there being more than a goal either way. Hopefully we can edge it.

So I suggest we win tomorrow then you steel yourself for next Saturday. Like I said it’s last chance saloon for us. But the dye isn’t cast yet

Will we win next week? probably highly unlikely judging by previous results
Do I still live in the hope that we will win?
You’re fooking right I do

Think that sums it up for a lot of us, obviously except for some on here who may as well no watch the game

.....and this will be his downfall, he has to change his easy to play through system, a solid midfield is key in these games.
I do think that's where Gerrard won these games, but we also relied on our aerial threat from corners which is a bit of a mess at the moment.

Watching Aberdeen at Hampden what they did well was passing Hatate and McGregor on between Clarkson and Barron, and stifling them, at least for the first half. Just wish Raskin could make a bloody pass and he could help strengthen that midfield.

Then the fan base should look to history.

This isn’t close to our most tortuous spell against the mentally challengeds.

And the fan base should continue to study their history and see that nothing lasts forever.

When it’s your turn to take your medicine in Glasgow, you have to suck it up. It’s been the case since the advent of professional football.

People need new hobbies if they can’t accept the rough times.

But I’ll repeat - I don’t see anything to be afraid of next Saturday.

They are favourites sure. But I can’t see there being more than a goal either way. Hopefully we can edge it.

So I suggest we win tomorrow then you steel yourself for next Saturday. Like I said it’s last chance saloon for us. But the dye isn’t cast yet
They've been the dominant club in Scotland for about 15-20 years now and unless we improve quickly we'll lose not only further ground but also important things like most titles won, most trophies,... to them.

I agree it won't last forever but unless something drastically changes I don't see it being different any time soon.

I'm sick we have allowed that creepy bastard to come out with comments like that,he was under severe pressure recently but thanks to our own players we have allowed the lady's front bottom to say stuff like that

Luckily the back four they're playing against aren't all that either.

Just need a bit of luck in the big moments and more then capable.
We've played a shit Celtic back line for years, and never seem to want to cause them issues. Cunts like Scales, Taylor, Lagerbielke etc should have been embarrassed by us. Unfortunately we've rarely got near them or threatened them. Equal parts baffling/heartbreaking.

I can't believe that so many have taken the bait from the idiot Rodgers.

Just weird behaviour.
It's like folk just try and outdo each other in slagging the team they're supposed to support. And it's not just this thread - some of the abuse in the Tav/Goldson thread is way ott. But you can bet your life they will be clamouring for Cup Final tickets, whilst posting on here about how we don't have the bottle to win it..

Let’s be honest the wee cuunt has not had a lot of pressure up here

We blew it against Motherwell. Ross County and Dundee

Those lost posts have cost us

Can we win our next 2 games ?

It’s down to the players and management team

Let’s see how we respond

It’s do able but our team need to step up massively, no room for hiders and those not kicking doors down, Clement needs to look around the dressing room and see who is up for the battle, who is ready to step up and climb out the trench and go over the top.
Yip .it's our only hope .

If that means leaving out for example Silva . Barasic etc then so be it .

We've played a shit Celtic back line for years, and never seem to want to cause them issues. Cunts like Scales, Taylor, Lagerbielke etc should have been embarrassed by us. Unfortunately we've rarely got near them or threatened them. Equal parts baffling/heartbreaking.
Scales has played enough good games against this era of players (sheep and Celtic) that we can't even call him shit. Now that's embarrassing.

They've been the dominant club in Scotland for about 15-20 years now and unless we improve quickly we'll lose not only further ground but also important things like most titles won, most trophies,... to them.

I agree it won't last forever but unless something drastically changes I don't see it being different any time soon.

Roll back the clock a century and we were miles behind them in trophies.

It’s not something to lose sleep over - I’d prefer it didn’t happen but if it does, is it the end of the world ?

We could still win two trophies to their one this season at any rate (that would delay them overtaking us for probably a few years)

But really I only care about the future, not the past.

It’s not acceptable for me for someone like you to just brazenly say we’ve been behind them for 15-20 years.

We got chucked into the third division. Do you not think that is going to have a catastrophic impact on us ?

Got the quote sorted for the t-shirts when we lift the league trophy at Ibrox in a couple of weeks.

"Let's have a bit of fun"

Last edited:
I see it now.tav gifts the usual early chance within the first 5 mins.

We then steady the ship and start to play a bit, we're on top and carve out some chances.

When we fail to score by 25 mins we go back into our shell and allow Killie to come out and put us under pressure.

A %^*& up in midfield or the defence allows Killie to score with their first shot on target.

Ibrox becomes toxic.

It's all so predictable man.
Hopefully you stay at home watching the snooker. No point watching the game if you know what's going to happen.

Actually this makes me feel good about next week. He’s over confident and that lot are there for the taking.

Let’s get Kilmarnock dealt with tomorrow then go over there ready to ram his words down his throat and having to go to Rugby Park to stay on top.

%^*& him, and %^*& them. No team talk needed. Win tomorrow is all that is needed. Then on to next week. What’s needed is a bit g performance yes, but also the decision too. Last few games in the piggery big decision have went against us, disallowed goals, no penalty and certain red cards. As big Marc says, keep believing, starting tomorrow.

He's only trying to appeal to their fans as he knows they can't stand him either.

Give him his dues the players absolutely hate him but he’s used this siege mentality to get them over the line (most likely) from a position of absolute collapse. I always thought we would need them to drop more points as we would stutter and the late winners at hibs/motherwell seem to have won them the league and they are now while not playing well getting results to probably get them over the line.

At the same time he was writing his excuse note if they didn’t win it. He’s a prick but he’s manoeuvred this situation well annoyingly.

@academical had had good posts about this run in when declaring we would win with ease. I agreed word for word with what he said but I didn’t factor in us losing all wide players to injury, us shitting the bed and Brent suddenly picking his best players instead of the early season nonsense with Hatate on the bench and the diving Japanese in a 10 midfield role.

Rodgers is a smarmy git. However managers have used mind games for ages and Rodgers has been at it for weeks. It seems to have worked for their players.
I still cannot understand our manager suggesting a draw with the scum in our filth free home game was a moral victory. It was a terrible result and one that most likely cost us the title.

We will face that mob next week with a depleted squad and god forbid we sustain any more injuries after tomorrow , Our manager is trying to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear with some of our players whom most of us im sure would agree are not fit enough , good enough or interested enough playing for Rangers
On top of that our record at the piggery is as revolting as the piggery itself
I sincerely hope I’m wrong but the thought of our players crawling into their shells next week when the going gets tough will be a sore one to take and their manager knows it

The journey to next weekend starts tomorrow.
If we can get some goals to eat into the difference we can then make their game very uncomfortable.

Yes we need to beat them to take the title but we need the goals to do it as well.
We can make it far from fun for them.

Unfortunately we allow him and others to spout this kind of thing.

The frightening thing is I’ve zero confidence we’ll make him pay for those comments.

Be thankful it's the players facing this lot next week and not FF. Let's hope they give Rodgers the respect he deserves and completely ignore him.

One game at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back