Roma try to steal Barisic for free

Keech trying to unsettle a player who the filth are afraid of, it’s no surprise Alfie and Borna have been targeted by Lawwells fluffers.

Barisic is up there as the best Rangers left back in my lifetime - almost as good as Numan — but he should absolutely be sold in the summer if we're being offered a fee in excess of 10 million. He is 28 in November and his value from there will only decrease.

A lot of fans seem to crave the buy low, sell high MO but then shirk at the thought of us actually putting it into practice.
You mean he absolutely not be sold

Once again. “Right lets get all ex Celtic players on this value current rangers players”

The only thing that concerns me is the amount of news flow around Borna makes you think his agent is pretty active in trying to engineer a move.

Yes nail on the head. Borna's agent is in talks with Rangers so a few Howitzers to help the cause and pump up the deal.

There is absolutely no danger we would let a first team regular go out on loan until the end of the season with a buyer's option. That would be fucking madness, we'd receive no benefit of the player on the park, retain the full risk of him getting an injury and receive only a small loan fee? Abolutely no chance.

The only thing that concerns me is the amount of news flow around Borna makes you think his agent is pretty active in trying to engineer a move.
It’ll be him trying to get him a payrise IMO

Reactions: cav
It’ll be him trying to get him a payrise IMO

When you see our approach to player retention that is not mad. We can't on one hand say Borna is a £20 million player whilst continue to pay him as if a £1.5 million player.

The thing that is concerning though is that this is a speculate to accumulate sort of game, we'd need to increase our wage bill massively to retain all of our stars, meaning that some will need to be sold to balance the books.

Our success in filling from the bottom with more of these sorts of signings is going to be critical to our long term success as a business and on the park as well.

When you see our approach to player retention that is not mad. We can't on one hand say Borna is a £20 million player whilst continue to pay him as if a £1.5 million player.

The thing that is concerning though is that this is a speculate to accumulate sort of game, we'd need to increase our wage bill massively to retain all of our stars, meaning that some will need to be sold to balance the books.

Our success in filling from the bottom with more of these sorts of signings is going to be critical to our long term success as a business and on the park as well.
Given where we got him from, I don’t think he’ll be on massive wages as it is. He’ll get the new contract IMO.

hurry up Feb 1st

Are people being serious when they say we should consider £10m for Borna? Try doubling it and they we can start talking. Barisic is a far better LB than Tierney and is entering his prime.

I’m hoping Roma as a club aren’t stupidly enough to make such a derisory offer, if they are we should accept, as long as they are willing to give us Pastore, Kluivert and Dzeko in return.

His spin on the laughable reports from Italy regarding a loan to buy (on the cheap). Is everyone in Italy on drugs?
Why would we loan a first pick key player for free to anyone til the end of the season? even the thickest of people should know its nonsense never mind 'reporting' on it :)

I can't see him even considering a move at this point of the season with the Euros coming up in the summer and the fact he seems to be first choice for both club and his country.

We also would have a far bigger chance of getting a far bigger fee after the Euros if he keeps his present form up, so even if a big bid comes in we should hold tight.

He might get a better club and a better move after the euros

Borna Barisic Rangers transfer stance reiterated as club laugh out bizarre Roma claim
It's understood that it's been made clear to the Croatian international that he will not be sold midway through the season.

By
Keith Jackson
  • 23:14, 14 JAN 2020

Borna Barisic has been told by Rangers he won’t be sold for any price this January - despite bizarre claims that Roma hope to land him for free until the end of the season.
Record Sport understands it’s been made clear to the Croatian international that manager Steven Gerrard will not contemplate sanctioning his sale midway through the current campaign, at a time when his side is locked into a title battle at the top of the Premiership table.

It was reported in Italy on Tuesday that Serie A side Roma want to land the 27-year-old on a six-month loan deal as a replacement for Inter Milan bound left-back Leonardo Spinazzola. As part of that proposal the Italians would then have an option to make the deal permanent in the summer.
But that idea was laughed out of Ibrox on Tuesday afternoon with senior sources inside the club adamant that Barisic - who was also being monitored by Napoli earlier this season - will be going nowhere at such a crucial stage in the campaign.

In fact, Barisic has been valued at well in excess of £10m by recently appointed sporting director Ross Wilson and, as far as Gerrard is concerned as he heads into a title shoot-out with Celtic, the potential contribution of his £2.2m capture from Osijek could turn out to be priceless.
Gerrard is however open to offers for a string of fringe players with Scotland under 21 winger Glenn Middleton closing in on a loan switch to St Mirren after spending the first half of the season on a similar deal at Hibs.

It’s understood Greg Docherty, Jamie Murphy and American right back Matt Polster have also been told they are likely to be surplus to requirements during the second half of the campaign.
Ha ha ha ha ffs.

Absolute nonsense. If our title charge is dependant so much on one player, it’s a massive fail of management. He’s a good player no doubt but there’s only so much a full back can influence games over a season. There’s life after borna. If the price and timing is right - which may or may not be now, he should go.

Weird take and a weird way to interpret my post. There’s many essential players in the team and he is one of them. Bornas transformation has solved a huge problem with our side, he can’t be sold just the same way Morelos or Jack can’t be.

I am off to Rome next month to take in the 6 nations game was thinking about going to a Roma game. They have Gent in the europa league and Lecce in the league. Might just have to get Barisic put on the back of me rangers top as a wind-up lol

Borna Barisic Rangers transfer stance reiterated as club laugh out bizarre Roma claim
It's understood that it's been made clear to the Croatian international that he will not be sold midway through the season.

By
Keith Jackson
  • 23:14, 14 JAN 2020

Borna Barisic has been told by Rangers he won’t be sold for any price this January - despite bizarre claims that Roma hope to land him for free until the end of the season.
Record Sport understands it’s been made clear to the Croatian international that manager Steven Gerrard will not contemplate sanctioning his sale midway through the current campaign, at a time when his side is locked into a title battle at the top of the Premiership table.

It was reported in Italy on Tuesday that Serie A side Roma want to land the 27-year-old on a six-month loan deal as a replacement for Inter Milan bound left-back Leonardo Spinazzola. As part of that proposal the Italians would then have an option to make the deal permanent in the summer.
But that idea was laughed out of Ibrox on Tuesday afternoon with senior sources inside the club adamant that Barisic - who was also being monitored by Napoli earlier this season - will be going nowhere at such a crucial stage in the campaign.

In fact, Barisic has been valued at well in excess of £10m by recently appointed sporting director Ross Wilson and, as far as Gerrard is concerned as he heads into a title shoot-out with Celtic, the potential contribution of his £2.2m capture from Osijek could turn out to be priceless.
Gerrard is however open to offers for a string of fringe players with Scotland under 21 winger Glenn Middleton closing in on a loan switch to St Mirren after spending the first half of the season on a similar deal at Hibs.

It’s understood Greg Docherty, Jamie Murphy and American right back Matt Polster have also been told they are likely to be surplus to requirements during the second half of the campaign.
AxZfN2q.gif

Roma are preparing a bid for Stuttgart youngster Borna Sosa. The club hope the 21-year-old will provide both cover and competition for first-choice left-back Aleksandar Kolarov.

looks like they have decided to go for another Borna

Roma are preparing a bid for Stuttgart youngster Borna Sosa. The club hope the 21-year-old will provide both cover and competition for first-choice left-back Aleksandar Kolarov.

looks like they have decided to go for another Borna
Good

But it's another tactic to unsettle the team, players and support.

I certainly has the effect to unsettle us, hence why we've been bitching about it for the past couple of days, and for me that's the sole intention - lots of online hits justifying advertisers revenue - but I really don't think it affects the players much at all.

Back