Roofe - where is he?

He was kicking about Skidz in Falkirk a few weeks ago in his Vito. Not a crutch or %^*& all in sight.
Prior to any pretend jokers, Skids is an Automotive Services company in Falkirk, and a Vito is a Mercedes vehicle :)
Genuinely couldn’t give a %^*& if he left on a free, more interested in his teeth, his hair, and posting his dugs on Insta, than he is being a Rangers player.
Pathetic

There'll come a time when injuries catch up with him and he'll no longer be able to contribute even when fit. Legs won't want to do what his mind is telling them to

I like Roofe. When he’s fit he an excellent player and his goalscoring record is brilliant.

My issue with his injuries is that they always seem to be very vague and we very rarely get proper time lines for his return.

I think 3rd choice in the squad is a perfect place for him. Relying on him to be 2nd choice left us short far too often up top when Morelos wasn’t available but 3rd choice is perfect for him.

He may only be available for 35/40 games a season but he’ll contribute in those games.

He was kicking about Skidz in Falkirk a few weeks ago in his Vito. Not a crutch or %^*& all in sight.
Prior to any pretend jokers, Skids is an Automotive Services company in Falkirk, and a Vito is a Mercedes vehicle :)
Genuinely couldn’t give a %^*& if he left on a free, more interested in his teeth, his hair, and posting his dugs on Insta, than he is being a Rangers player.

Player has a day off and takes one of his cars in for a modification to the interior roof.

What a shocker. Time for him to go.

:rolleyes:

Is this just a thread to throw in the Alfie leaving part?

Certainly not seen anything lately about him going to Villa. There was an article in a Birmingham news website about Kent but nothing of Alfie.

I will always be very grateful to Kemar for his contribution to our great club and institution. Will always remember that wonder goal against Standard Liege in the Europa League when he scored a magnificent goal from our own half….great vision to score that one! He is technically a very good footballer and I thank Steven Gerrard for persuading him to come to play in our lower profile domestic game up here in Scotland.

Best goal Ive ever seen.

Roofe is the ultimate frustration. A great player when fit which unfortunately is few and far between. It’s also worsening as he gets older. He’s the modern day Darren Anderton.

I think a lot of good will the supporters had for him evaporated after the Europa League final debacle. In our hour of need he just couldn’t step up. I‘ve pretty much written off any potential contribution from him this season. I’ve also written off any kind of transfer value for him.

Last edited:
Roofe is the ultimate frustration. A great player when fit which unfortunately is few and far between. It’s also worsening as he gets older. He’s the modern day Darren Anderton.

I think a lot of good will the supporters had for him evaporated after the Europa League final debacle. In our hour of need he just couldn’t step up. I‘ve pretty much written off any potential contribution from him this season. I’ve also written off any kind of transfer value for him. In short I couldn’t give a %^*& where he is. I’m more interested in players who can contribute.

I don’t really understand this though. If he wasn’t fit enough to play then why is he getting criticised for “not stepping up”?

Do you really believe that Roofe was fit enough to play the full 90/120, in probably the biggest game he’ll ever play, but chose not to?

Let’s not forget that the guy came off the bench in the Europa final, nearly set up the winning goal in the 5 minutes he was on then scored a penalty in the shootout.

I don’t really understand this though. If he wasn’t fit enough to play then why is he getting criticised for “not stepping up”?

Do you really believe that Roofe was fit enough to play the full 90/120, in probably the biggest game he’ll ever play, but chose not to?

Let’s not forget that the guy came off the bench in the Europa final, nearly set up the winning goal in the 5 minutes he was on then scored a penalty in the shootout.

No I don’t. I believe he wasn’t fit as he’s never fit.

There are loads of ex pros that tell stories of knowing themselves they are not fit but hiding it in order to play a game. Roofe doesn‘t strike me as a player who would fit into that bracket.

No I don’t. I believe he wasn’t fit as he’s never fit.

There are loads of ex pros that tell stories of knowing themselves they are not fit but hiding it in order to play a game. Roofe doesn‘t strike me as a player who would fit into that bracket.

This sort of stuff happened back in the 80’s and 90’s and it wasn’t always a good thing. You’d struggle to find anyone in the modern game who’s done it.

The idea that Roofe just says to the management that he’s injured and not able to play is crazy as well. The sports science/physios/doctors decid when players are fit to play and when they aren’t nowadays.

This sort of stuff happened back in the 80’s and 90’s and it wasn’t always a good thing. You’d struggle to find anyone in the modern game who’s done it.

The idea that Roofe just says to the management that he’s injured and not able to play is crazy as well. The sports science/physios/doctors decid when players are fit to play and when they aren’t nowadays.

Think we will just leave it at that. You have your opinion of him and I have mine there isn’t really any point in going backward and forward over it.

Think we will just leave it at that. You have your opinion of him and I have mine there isn’t really any point in going backward and forward over it.

I’m sorry but I just don’t like it when people say things like “In short I couldn’t give a %^*& where he is” just because the guy has struggled with injuries since he joined us.

I could understand the cynicism, the hate or the nasty comments if he’d shown a complete lack of commitment since signing but that couldn’t be further from the truth. When he’s been fit and available he’s been a valuable asset.

There’s an element of our fanbase that are never happy unless they are relentlessly criticising some of our players, deserved or not.

Roofe has played for us for two seasons, scored more than a goal every other game, won a league title, a Scottish cup and made a Euro final. The way some people talk about him you’d think he’d been a complete disaster.

'Roofe was seen in a a car body & performance shop with his Merc'

something that simple would have stopped you having to explain your own post in the hope of sounding hip, which you failed at miserably

I’m sorry but I just don’t like it when people say things like “In short I couldn’t give a %^*& where he is” just because the guy has struggled with injuries since he joined us.

I could understand the cynicism, the hate or the nasty comments if he’d shown a complete lack of commitment since signing but that couldn’t be further from the truth. When he’s been fit and available he’s been a valuable asset.

There’s an element of our fanbase that are never happy unless they are relentlessly criticising some of our players, deserved or not.

Roofe has played for us for two seasons, scored more than a goal every other game, won a league title, a Scottish cup and made a Euro final. The way some people talk about him you’d think he’d been a complete disaster.

On reflection it wasn’t the right thing to say about one of our players. He just frustrates the hell out of me as he is a fantastic player when he is fit.

Where is he? A country mile away from being fit enough to play Football for us or any other club.

Rangers have moved on this Summer and while its a shame how its worked out, so it goes.

Is this just a thread to throw in the Alfie leaving part?

Certainly not seen anything lately about him going to Villa. There was an article in a Birmingham news website about Kent but nothing of Alfie.
I cant see that happening as Gerrard has a lot of money to spend and will have been able to pick up both players relatively cheaply in EPL terms and he's not done it.

The reports at the time suggested he was very close to making it back for the finals, then haven't heard a peep since, only that Gio said he would be back before Helander. Very weird.

I cant see that happening as Gerrard has a lot of money to spend and will have been able to pick up both players relatively cheaply in EPL terms and he's not done it.
I completely agree. I Don't think Alfie would be on their list of targets at all. Gerrard has a lot more money to play with than what Alfie would cost him or Kent.
They are huge players for us but wouldn't be for them and I would much rather they committed to us. The clock is ticking on their contracts and it would be a huge financial loss on our part to lose them for free.

Edit.
Just sitting here wondering how long it will be before skips start appearing outside both of their homes. I truly believed that Goldson was off in the summer due to the stuff posted on here. I've now learned to take things with a pinch of salt. Can't understand why people attempt to be ITK.

Last edited:
Alfie going to villa?
Sorry mate, just a rumour that's doing the rounds. Apparently most likely player to sign for villa. Could be nonsense but he's yet to sign a new deal which we all hope he does. Looking forward to seeing him with Tillman, Lawrence and Rabi.

Even when he’s back now he will struggle to even make the bench. Hopefully he can get fit enough to be moved on by the end of the window.

He will be one of our biggest earners

He’ll get fit again, play a few games, get another injury and be out for 6-8 weeks

Then repeat the cycle. I want rid of him now, Colak hitting ground running/scoring has confirmed Roofes fate

Why would he be on crutches? Hagi is out to November and was running a few months ago, so dunno why you seem to think that Roofe is faking it cause he ain’t hobbling

Pointing the finger at roofe is poor, we should be pointing the finger in particular to that defender who thinks he's Beckenbauer I watched the euro final game last week again he could have cost us 3 goals had a really poor match signs a contract says he never wanted to leave.... whoosh !!! Fast forward he has started this season how he finished in seville,, he needs to improve dramatically starting today

Pointing the finger at roofe is poor, we should be pointing the finger in particular to that defender who thinks he's Beckenbauer I watched the euro final game last week again he could have cost us 3 goals had a really poor match signs a contract says he never wanted to leave.... whoosh !!! Fast forward he has started this season how he finished in seville,, he needs to improve dramatically starting today

Don’t know how you can rewatch that match.

We will have a massive clear out by the start of next season
Mcgregor
Davis
Arfield
Katic
Helander
Roofe - hopefully
Wright- hopefully
Jack? depending on injuries this season
Hagi ? depending on offers
Everyone was saying that on here last year & Shagger, Davis & Arfield got new contracts

I agree with that.

Can’t play a player if he’s telling the physios that he’s feeling something.

He’s not the first player to be like that, won’t be the last.
He’s one of our highest earners for what he contributes I would get rid good player but no good injured

Yes mate. Thanks for noticing and alerting everyone else that had missed it.
Don't mention it.

I genuinely thought it was one of the threads that get posted late on a Friday night on occasion. No offence intended.
If you look at my posts Ive not been to sleep for three days so not functioning at my best ATM.

I appreciate the explanation mate. I had no clue what your were talking about. Going to start dropping these words into conversations with the youth.

Don't mention it.

I genuinely thought it was one of the threads that get posted late on a Friday night on occasion. No offence intended.
If you look at my posts Ive not been to sleep for three days so not functioning at my best ATM.
No problem mate, I really hope he signs a long contract. Think getting that completed will let him settle, puff the chest out and get back to destroying teams. Sorry about the sleep part. I feel your pain mate. Got a baby and been poorly since the 1yr x 4 injections so sleep has been non existent for over a week. Heres to 3 pts and a good game today.

Back