Rory Wilson

Wilson is 15 presumably playing against 17 or 18 year olds. It’s unlikely he’s just better because he’s more developed - unless he has exceptional physique that would trouble adults.
Of course not. Ability is a prerequisite. If he’s good enough and strong enough he’ll show up well. Some rarely are so good that it comes through without the advantage of much earlier physical development advantage eg Billy Gilmour. My original point was a general one, not without exceptions. Also good to see like the Dutch do, Rory is pushed on to an older level where physically he can compete comfortably. If he’s standing out there then we’re on to something. Rooney was virtually the finished article at 15. He had the full strength of an adult at that early age.

Just heard from an excellent source that the club have made him an offer to sign when he turns 16,He has turned it down because Man.City and Liverpool have been on the phone to his family.

Certainly hope so,maybe better having wee word with the family I worked in the same factory as his old grandpa for 36 years.
Johnnie Walker factory?

All the major EPL clubs are trying to tempt Rory. As I said on another thread the club are almost powerless if his family advise him to move.

Just heard from an excellent source that the club have made him an offer to sign when he turns 16,He has turned it down because Man.City and Liverpool have been on the phone to his family.
Not good for us with that sort of interest in him. Understandable given the number of goals he's been scoring. Hopefully the club can provide a clear pathway for him and convince him to stick around.

Not good for us with that sort of interest in him. Understandable given the number of goals he's been scoring. Hopefully the club can provide a clear pathway for him and convince him to stick around.
Just to easy and affordable for EPL clubs to raid our youth academy and take our best prospects.The money they can offer must be very hard for youngsters to turn down.

Back