Ross County At Ibrox Seating Plan

Have to disagree with that. A weeks worth of food shopping vs 90 mins at Ibrox.

Fair enough mate, but £28 to watch a team vying for the Championship and who play exciting, entertaining football is good value.

Especially when you compare it to gigs and other live leisure pursuits.

Fair enough mate, but £28 to watch a team vying for the Championship and who play exciting, entertaining football is good value.

Especially when you compare it to gigs and other live leisure pursuits.

You can't really compare it music or comedy gigs though. Seeing your favourite artist, band or comedian is generally a once in a blue moon event, so you'll happily pay over the odds. You're not going to see them every other week.

Also, you say that you're going to watch a team playing exciting, entertaining football, but depending on the opposition then there's a fair chance you'll be sitting there bored to tears.

But we have a re-sale option available. Surely these should be getting snapped up by "locals" in that scenario??
Should be but it's still a killer for those who can't make it. I'd imagine that come game time there won't be much seats left.

You can't really compare it music or comedy gigs though. Seeing your favourite artist, band or comedian is generally a once in a blue moon event, so you'll happily pay over the odds. You're not going to see them every other week.

Also, you say that you're going to watch a team playing exciting, entertaining football, but depending on the opposition then there's a fair chance you'll be sitting there bored to tears.

Even when the opposition are shutting up shop, like Wednesday, we're hardly bored to tears mate.

We're still on the edge of our seats, willing our team over the line, as they set up attack after attack, while worrying about getting caught with the sucker counter punch.

There won't be much boredom this season.

We'll need to agree to disagree mate.

£41 for a midweek game against Ross County is very steep.

To put it in context the Braga home game will probably be a similar price.
People go to Ibrox to watch Rangers play.
Hopefully against a team like Ross County they see a number of goals scored by Rangers making it worthwhile.

Midweek a lot harder to get over for us ones in NI. I missed st Mirren and missing ross county as i just have no holidays left at work. But get new holidays here now in February so that will be me able to make the midweeks again.

a lot of my mates though who are ST holders have set holidays so midweeks for them is just no chance. But mostly their tickets will be used by someone else.

I know we had a few postponements due to the cups etc and had to move our home games to midweek, but it seems as last few years rangers have had a lot more mid week home games than the scum
Likewise with those of us on the Islands. Due to work and ferry times its hard now that most games are Sundays.

Personally, I'm going to watch Rangers, each to their own though.
Not. The. Point.

In another 30 years your pension will maybe cover £500 for Edinburgh City on a Wednesday night?

Ah, you'll be paying that to see us so that's okay.

Can I sell you a mortgage/pension/watch?

Likewise with those of us on the Islands. Due to work and ferry times its hard now that most games are Sundays.

It has been the worst Winter windwise in the last 10-15 years to my mind.

Calmac do whit they can but this Winter has been brutal.

But all they staunch cuntos on the motorways in their PCP heated motors tell you that you don't make an effort.

Lol.

There should be flexibility in the pricing based on the time of year. In the same way shops and restaurants always have sales and special offers in January because they recognise people are skint, Rangers should be doing this as well.
Do you actually go to games? And no there shouldn;t

Folk do realise that the £41 quoted in the OP is the price for a 'premium' seat with one of the best views in Ibrox? There are significantly cheaper seats available in other areas.

Actually I agreed with this.

Season briefs are a mental total so not many available on the market.
Agreed with what, some fans should pay less per game to sit beside an ST holder everybody struggles at this time of year, It's not up to Rangers to give them tax breaks. The Club needs every penny it can get

Not. The. Point.

In another 30 years your pension will maybe cover £500 for Edinburgh City on a Wednesday night?

Ah, you'll be paying that to see us so that's okay.

Can I sell you a mortgage/pension/watch?
It is the point for me.

You're getting yourself in a tizzy about the most expensive standard seats in the ground, there's plenty available for less then thirty quid if you want them. If you don't want them then don't go, simples!

Aberdeen or Celtc midweek would be sold out.

I have seasons, but a midweek means half a day to a day not working and possibly another £100 or more in cost (staying over food etc).
So 3 midweek games in a row (and a Friday night) would cost me in my business and £4-500 in cash.

So out of St Mirren, Stranraer, Ross county and Hibs I am doing Hibs. Then as usual Aberdeen on the Saturday.

I have seasons, but a midweek means half a day to a day not working and possibly another £100 or more in cost (staying over food etc).
So 3 midweek games in a row (and a Friday night) would cost me in my business and £4-500 in cash.

So out of St Mirren, Stranraer, Ross county and Hibs I am doing Hibs. Then as usual Aberdeen on the Saturday.
I get that, I know a lot of people have to prioritize and of all the non weekend games, Ross County was always going to be the game people were likely to skip.

I'm lucky that I stay in the Greater Glasgow area.

Agreed with what, some fans should pay less per game to sit beside an ST holder everybody struggles at this time of year, It's not up to Rangers to give them tax breaks. The Club needs every penny it can get

It is the no flexibility I agreed with.

Not many on the open market so price goes up , basic economics.

Get rid of all seaters and things will change I hope.

Prices down and more folk at the games.

It is the point for me.

You're getting yourself in a tizzy about the most expensive standard seats in the ground, there's plenty available for less then thirty quid if you want them. If you don't want them then don't go, simples!

See my point re a poet game in 85, it should be about a tenner now.

Not as if the football is better.

Midweek games was plenty of tickets at ticket office Wed there. Aberdeen is a sell out already although guy in office managed to get me secondary ticket. 3 tickets for stmirren, Ross County and Aberdeen was 100 quid exactly, pricey if going home, away and European games these days.

See my point re a poet game in 85, it should be about a tenner now.

Not as if the football is better.
I did see your point, that's what I initially responded to, I really wish I hadn't now.

If you're quick you might catch the second half of a Juniors game today, only five or six quid to get in and if you're really lucky you might be able to sneak in through the open gates at half time for nowt!

I did see your point, that's what I initially responded to, I really wish I hadn't now.

If you're quick you might catch the second half of a Juniors game today, only five or six quid to get in and if you're really lucky you might be able to sneak in through the open gates at half time for nowt!

If you saw my point....

Then that is a ridiculous reply.

It is the no flexibility I agreed with.

Not many on the open market so price goes up , basic economics.

Get rid of all seaters and things will change I hope.

Prices down and more folk at the games.
Basic economics says that if we have prices even further below market clearing we will have more touting with the club missing out on the difference between face value and the market price.

Tickets are slow to sell at the moment.

St Midden, Ross County and Hivs game had/have loads of availability.
St Mirren was a sell out, even if plenty folk didn't actually go.

I returned my seat on secondary ticketing and it resold almost immediately.

£41 for a midweek game against Ross County is very steep.

To put it in context the Braga home game will probably be a similar price.

£41 in the ‘dear‘ seats. £28/£29 for the mere mortals. It’s only ‘dear’ if you chose to pay a ‘dear’ price. You can still attend for under £30 if you choose to.

It has been the worst Winter windwise in the last 10-15 years to my mind.

Calmac do whit they can but this Winter has been brutal.

But all they staunch cuntos on the motorways in their PCP heated motors tell you that you don't make an effort.

Lol.

Totally agree. Been a lot of cancelled ferries this winter.

I’m off to Luskentyre a week on Friday and forecast currently promising. Not worried about getting home, just getting over there :))

You are paying to watch Rangers not the opposition

Yeah that’s fine mate but its a run of the mill league game and in my opinion £41 for “prime seats” against Ross County on a Wednesday night is a shocker.

You can say we “pay to watch Rangers” all you like but £41 is outrageous when you compare it to our European prices and games against the mentally challengeds

Yeah that’s fine mate but its a run of the mill league game and in my opinion £41 for “prime seats” against Ross County on a Wednesday night is a shocker.

You can say we “pay to watch Rangers” all you like but £41 is outrageous when you compare it to our European prices and games against the mentally challengeds
Every League game is important, I think there are a lot of people who are finding it hard to justify paying these prices but that is the world we live in.
I have no idea why we can't play one home game every two weeks. would suit near enough everyone

Back