Ross stewart

Bluetill

See that there are rumours about Stewart on some football websites (football fancast) that he's about to sign a new contract with Sunderland,we're we really after him? I was thinking gio had finished and was happy with the new boys he's bought in.course he was probably using our rumoured interest for a better contract. Anyway let's get a cracking result against livi.

I don't think we were - probably just linking us as he's a Scottish striker who has been doing well.

Can't see us buying another striker unless Roofe moves on, and even if so, I doubt it'd be Stewart

Will depend what happens with roofe and Morelos if we are really done , but if any of them leave and are replaced with Stewart id be hugely disappointed

I wouldn’t mind him I think we need another striker in. He might not start most games for us but we are light upfront right now

I don’t think it’s that outlandish that the links were genuine, but it would have been him or Colak and we went for Colak.

I wouldn’t mind him I think we need another striker in. He might not start most games for us but we are light upfront right now

You’re aware he’d have cost a shit tonne of fee, and commensurate wages - to be, at best, third choice?

We’re light right now, but Morelos is almost back and Roofe is getting closer by the day.

We don’t need him. Certainly not given the outlay for a bit-part player.

Will depend what happens with roofe and Morelos if we are really done , but if any of them leave and are replaced with Stewart id be hugely disappointed
A fit Roofe would be excellent but I can't see it.
but Morelos for me doesn't get the numbers domestically we need for the main striker at Rangers.
We still need another striker.
I like the look of Colak so far but we will have to wait and see how he performs.
Stewart is still not the answer.

Last edited:
A fit Roofe would be excellent but I can't see it.
but Morelos for me doesn't get the numbers domestically we need for the main striker at Rangers.
We still need another striker.
I like the look of Colak so far but we will have to wait and see how he performs.
Stewarts is still not the answer.
We have 3 strikers on the books and 2 or 3 others that could fill in, in an emergency. We don't need a 4th.

See they signed Ellis Simms. Interesting to see how he gets on, I was in the minority that thought he could be our third choice.

Didn’t realise he’d gone there, the boy in my work said the other week that he’d signed for Millwall. I’m with you, he impressed me last season, a big strong skilful lad.

More clinical strikers win us the league and would have won us the league last season it's that simple we do not have that.
Most of the points we dropped last season were from defensive errors. Early days, but we look to have added more of a goal threat from elsewhere. We play with 1 striker. We don't need 4.

It's likely that the scouting team made up a list of more "target men" type centre forwards that we could afford.

We then tentatively approached those clubs to get a rough estimate of fee and someone at Sunderland (or us) leaked that we had made that enquiry.

Whether Colak was ahead of Stewart on the list I have no idea.

Morelos only scores 11 or 12 goals in the league a season which is not good enough for the main striker at Rangers, Roofes the same and always injured and Tilman plays behind the strikers.

We have to get better quality in.
Morelos has just under a 1 in 2 goal ratio in the league, despite not taking penalties and notwithstanding everything else he brings to the team. Where do we get a better striker than Morelos that is within our price range?

Roofe also has a very good record but admittedly struggles for fitness, hence we have just bought another forward in Colak.

Tillman has, and absolutely can play up top.

In the unlikely but possible event that all 4 can't play, we have options like Wright, Kent and Matondo that can fill in up top in a pinch. Our best period last season we went weeks without a recognised striker.

We do not need another striker.

Morelos has just under a 1 in 2 goal ratio in the league, despite not taking penalties and notwithstanding everything else he brings to the team. Where do we get a better striker than Morelos that is within our price range?

Roofe also has a very good record but admittedly struggles for fitness, hence we have just bought another forward in Colak.

In the unlikely but possible event that all 4 can't play, we have options like Wright, Kent and Matondo that can fill in up top in a pinch. Our best period last season we went weeks without a recognised striker.

Don't talk nonsense. 1-2 you must not watch games in the league.
Roofe is a great player and above anything we have upfront but injured all the time.
You cannot judge Colak yet, Tillman is not a striker.

We need another striker its simple, we need a player that can change our eight draws last year into wins we didn't have that.

Don't talk nonsense. 1-2 you must not watch games in the league.
Roofe is a great player and above anything we have upfront but injured all the time.
You cannot judge Colak yet, Tillman is not a striker.

We need another striker its simple.
I don't even need to watch the games when a simple Google search gives me the numbers Einstein.

135 league appearances 66 goals. Work it out genius.
11 goals last season 12 goals the season before and another 12 the season before that in the league, long runs in games when he doesn't score and wee bursts when he does, two goals in five years against them to me that's not good enough to be the main man at Rangers it maybe was a few years back.
As I said watch the games.

The kid Lovelace looks very promising he could be really good find

Decant player Sunderland went all out to keep him as they look to challenge for at least the playoff but we won't miss not signing him

Back