Ross stewart

A guy tells me that Rangers all time European goalscorer, with over 100 goals for the club and a 1 in 2 ratio in the league before you even take into account his all round game isn't good enough to be the main man at Rangers.

Then asks if I'm trolling.

Priceless.
Good in the European games as I feel he works a lot harder but does not score enough in domestic games I don't see the issue with that.
Eleven goals last season in the league twelve goals 20/21 season and twelve goals in19/20 season in the league I think we need better.

No point going round and round you either agree or disagree, I'm kinda guessing you disagree by now and that's fine with me.
I do not feel I can explain it any better to you.

Must also add to get this back on topic Ross Stewart is a no from me as he cant get a game in front of Adams and Dykes.

Look a very good player perfect for our league.

I dont see us winning the league playing the way we did in that first half passing round in cricles its what these teams like livi deal with pretty well they just crowd the penalty box... need more strength and ariel power in the forward positions.

Loan would be perfect not so sure why Sunderland would want that he must be worth quite a lot of cash.

Good in the European games as I feel he works a lot harder but does not score enough in domestic games I don't see the issue with that.
Eleven goals last season in the league twelve goals 20/21 season and twelve goals in19/20 season in the league I think we need better.

No point going round and round you either agree or disagree, I'm kinda guessing you disagree by now and that's fine with me.
I do not feel I can explain it any better to you.

Must also add to get this back on topic Ross Stewart is a no from me as he cant get a game in front of Adams and Dykes.
Probably the answer to getting more league goals for Morelos would be to play him more often in the league. Gerrard had a habit of not playing him against the lower teams and also taking him off at around 60 minutes in games he felt was won.

Gio looked to play him more when he came in and sure enough he ended up with a muscle injury. Had he not got injured, I believe he'd have got 20 league goals but who knows really.

My point is, Morelos is the main man. I don't believe we will get a striker that brings what he brings to the team at the sort of price range we operate at. It's possible of course, Morelos only cost £1m himself but it's no guarantee you get any better. The bheasts have a £5m striker from the EPL they seem to be stuck with. We paid decent money for Itten and it didn't work out. I'd rather stick than twist to be honest.

We have Colak, Roofe, Sakala to back up Morelos. Tillman, Wright and probably Kent and Matondo could operate there if there was a genuine emergency.

As it stands, unless someone leaves, we have enough. And if we were looking at another forward I'd hope for better than Ross Stewart.

Probably the answer to getting more league goals for Morelos would be to play him more often in the league. Gerrard had a habit of not playing him against the lower teams and also taking him off at around 60 minutes in games he felt was won.

Gio looked to play him more when he came in and sure enough he ended up with a muscle injury. Had he not got injured, I believe he'd have got 20 league goals but who knows really.

My point is, Morelos is the main man. I don't believe we will get a striker that brings what he brings to the team at the sort of price range we operate at. It's possible of course, Morelos only cost £1m himself but it's no guarantee you get any better. The bheasts have a £5m striker from the EPL they seem to be stuck with. We paid decent money for Itten and it didn't work out. I'd rather stick than twist to be honest.

We have Colak, Roofe, Sakala to back up Morelos. Tillman, Wright and probably Kent and Matondo could operate there if there was a genuine emergency.

As it stands, unless someone leaves, we have enough. And if we were looking at another forward I'd hope for better than Ross Stewart.
Morelos has to stay upfront this dropping back into midfield is the main cause of him not scoring as many goals as he can, he needs to remain more disciplined.
Early on in his career at us he was flying I do not see that player as much now he could easily go past players and scored from impossible angles.
The reason he scored more with Gio at first was he was constantly telling him to stay up and that benefited his game, but after a while, he started to drift back and the goals dried up.

Ross Stewart will never be the answer.

Morelos has to stay upfront this dropping back into midfield is the main cause of him not scoring as many goals as he can, he needs to remain more disciplined.
Early on in his career at us he was flying I do not see that player as much now he could easily go past players and scored from impossible angles.
The reason he scored more with Gio at first was he was constantly telling him to stay up and that benefited his game, but after a while, he started to drift back and the goals dried up.

Ross Stewart will never be the answer.
It depends what the question is.

If Roofe were to be moved on and there does seem to be a bit of interest in taking him on loan, someone like Stewart wouldn’t be a terrible shout for a 3rd striker depending on the numbers involved.

Need to be realistic about who we could attract and afford as effectively a 3rd choice striker.

If Roofe were to be moved on and there does seem to be a bit of interest in taking him on loan, someone like Stewart wouldn’t be a terrible shout for a 3rd striker depending on the numbers involved.

Need to be realistic about who we could attract and afford as effectively a 3rd choice striker.
Why should we be looking for a third-choice player that's a bit defeatist we should be looking for someone to make no1 his own that's the only way to sign players.

If we move Roofe on, I’d hope we go for a younger & pacy striker.

Gives us the option in behind but also gives us a guy who can hopefully develop for maybe 2 years on when Colak is 30 & Alfie possibly gets sold ?

Why should we be looking for a third-choice player that's a bit defeatist we should be looking for someone to make no1 his own that's the only way to sign players.
In theory I agree but in reality to get someone to really compete with Morelos to take the jersey your probably needing to spend a good few million.

We spent circa £3.5m-4m on Roofe and he’s nowhere near Morelos imo even if he was 100% fit.

There is no way we should be loaning Roofe. Even with his injury issues he is worth a load of goals. If we must get his wages off the books then it should be a straightforward sale.

In theory I agree but in reality to get someone to really compete with Morelos to take the jersey your probably needing to spend a good few million.

We spent circa £3.5m-4m on Roofe and he’s nowhere near Morelos imo even if he was 100% fit.

I disagree over in scumland they have found players that can get plenty of goals in our league for very little money are you saying our scouts cannot do the same?

We are just needing to scout better.
Can you also put up Roofes goals to starts record and Morelos's one as well over the same period?

We should be spending decent money on strikers if we want to compete in all competitions.

Realistically we cannot keep Roofe I rate him but you cannot rely on an injured player.

I do not think Gio would want someone who's injured a lot.

I think there was definitely something in the Stewart rumours after Sakala confirming in his latest interview that Gio has a preference for a big striker.

I think there was definitely something in the Stewart rumours after Sakala confirming in his latest interview that Gio has a preference for a big striker.
Unfortunately for Sakala, I think his performances in Europe have maybe convinced Gio that Sakala is just not particularly aware of where his position should be on the pitch, he was coming short when he was meant to be going long in games and you could even see the players frustrations at this.
I think domestically he's done well when called upon and his pace has caused them a lot of problems as that's what they fear most.

Unfortunately for Sakala, I think his performances in Europe have maybe convinced Gio that Sakala is just not particularly aware of where his position should be on the pitch, he was coming short when he was meant to be going long in games and you could even see the players frustrations at this.
I think domestically he's done well when called upon and his pace has caused them a lot of problems as that's what they fear most.
Totally agree.

Back