RTV/VST Viewers - Tips and Help - Updated With App Info

Very good coverage. Perfect picture. Strangely, with Safari, my iphone worked better for screen mirroring to smart tv than my MacBook Pro. Overall, good professional programme. Oh, and 3-0. Great.

Flawless picture and the coverage pre, post and the comms was a step up. Very enjoyable.

Used the app via my iPad and cast it to my TV. Flawless today. Very good coverage and OP deserves a medal for his efforts in this thread.

No issues here. In fact probably the best quality I’ve seen from RTVs coverage.

Watched through the RTV app on the iPhone, screen mirrored through the Apple TV box hooked up to the television.

Strange. Chromecast worked for the actual game but just a blank screen for pre-match, HT, post-match etc. Any ideas? Casting from RTV app on android phone.

Watching through Google browser using PC, absolutely no problem,picture wasn't as good but put that down to the sun and a bright day.

Breath of fresh air having the pre match build up rather than the usual couple of minutes before the match starts and post match was good to see along with the managers interview rather than just cutting off after the games finished.

I found that today, as an Unlimited subscriber like you, that I didn't actually need to have my VPN on. If you're struggling with the stream it might be something to bear in mind for home matches.
I had the buffering thingy showing but the service never dropped off and I'd give 5/5 for the whole event in terms of picture quality and the on camera, behind the mic performances.
Using chrome on my MacBook after some tips from VB

My mate is still having issues with streaming the games so looking for some advice.

He has e-mailed the support team but no response yet.

He followed the process but the season ticket subscription is still not showing up against his account. When following the process again it just says that the code has already been redeemed.

Has anyone had anything similar or have any suggestions?

Cheers for any advice.

My mate is still having issues with streaming the games so looking for some advice.

He has e-mailed the support team but no response yet.

He followed the process but the season ticket subscription is still not showing up against his account. When following the process again it just says that the code has already been redeemed.

Has anyone had anything similar or have any suggestions?

Cheers for any advice.

Interesting one. Is he sure he redeemed it against the right account? We had one poster who thought he used his GMail address and it turned out he’d used another email address. Also, if he trying to do it on a mobile device he should note the comments in the OP regarding auto-capitalisation of the first letter of the password.

If he’s sure he redeemed it against the correct Account then he’s going to need to rely on support. In most, not all, cases it turns out to be human error on the part of the user.

Interesting one. Is he sure he redeemed it against the right account? We had one poster who thought he used his GMail address and it turned out he’d used another email address. Also, if he trying to do it on a mobile device he should note the comments in the OP regarding auto-capitalisation of the first letter of the password.

If he’s sure he redeemed it against the correct Account then he’s going to need to rely on support. In most, not all, cases it turns out to be human error on the part of the user.

Thanks for the advice. He is sure he used the right e-mail (and can access the details showing no subscriptions) but agree we will probably just need to wait on the support for this one.

Sorry if this has been asked before - but it's not covered on the Rangers TV FAQs. Can I purchase the game and start watching from the beginning if I'm not home until 8.30pm? Or will I only be able to watch the second half?

Just downloaded the app and subscribed for the remaining home games in august.
The app is saying i have insufficient entitlements to play other content?
is this because i do not have a VST?

Just downloaded the app and subscribed for the remaining home games in august.
The app is saying i have insufficient entitlements to play other content?
is this because i do not have a VST?
Of you only have a VST or PPV you only get the games. A Subscription to RTV is required for most other content

Can someone advise best set up for firestick? Watched great at folks on their laptop and hdmi cable on Sunday but my laptop isn't great.

Anyone getting a test screen or anything on the RTV app yet?

Ive just got the wee alarm bell thing so far but the test screen was available the day before Sunday’s game.

Stupid punter here with no subscription. Just a case of signing up to Rangers tv and then it appears on Sky or am i massively behind?!

Can someone advise best set up for firestick? Watched great at folks on their laptop and hdmi cable on Sunday but my laptop isn't great.
The quick way is just to launch the Silk browser and log in to RTV. You'll get the usual browser option to fill screen once you start streaming.

This for me, too.

Usually says live, when I log in prior to most games, to check I'm set to go.

If you've got the same, I'm guessing we are good?

I'm hoping so.

Really don't fancy arsing about before kick off.

But yeah it usually say watch live.. Not purchased.

Aye ‘Watch Live’ I think it said on Sunday.
It's done that for every match, so far.

The way it is just now, is not how the screen appeared before any of the previous matches.

But if everyone else has that screen, I'm guessing it's the correct way tonight.

Telling me you voucher has already been used. I can’t get it on Rangers TV butI can get it on a hookey stream no problem.

For newcomers on PPV.

On Desktop. Once you've bought the match and logged into RangersTV then click on the word Live to the top left on the menu bar. Select the St Johnstone game and there will be two icons, Live Video and Live Audio. 45-60 minutes before kick-off the Live Video button will turn red. Click on it and you will get the placeholder screen until the show starts at 1915hrs.

On the App, once you've bought the game click on Fixtures on the bottom menu bar. Select the St Johnstone match. Click on it and then on Video from the pop-up menu.

Telling me you voucher has already been used. I can’t get it on Rangers TV butI can get it on a hookey stream no problem.

You only need to redeem the voucher once, the very first time you do so. After that it’s just log in and away you go. On the following website if you are a VST viewer (or on the App).

Am assuming that at 19.15 the red box will change from "purchased" to "watch live".

It's a bit like some of the games last year but you just don't need to go to the Rangers homepage - just bookmark the "live" page instead.

I still watch on my big screen TV in the living room from my desktop and quality hasn't been an issue at all. Am not a big fan of using "Smart TVs" when you can just pug your desktop into your biggest screen using an HDMI cable, hence getting the full internet range.

My macbook and a lot of new laptops don't seem to have the same HDMIs but adapters are usually cheap. I use Chrome as a browser to be be sure. on most streaming services.

Back