RTV/VST Viewers - Tips and Help - Updated With App Info

I don’t see a “Watch Now” or “Watch Live” option.

Only “Live Video”. And it says subscribe or buy across the image. When I click to play, I get a screen with Aberdeen vs Rangers graphic.

Is this what others are seeing?

What device are you on? I assume you are viewing via the App or the 'real' RangersTV website. I think from what you've described you are fine. If you see the Rangers/Sheep crests it is streaming the test stream from that game. There is a slider along the bottom. Drag it back to the halfway point, wait a few minutes and it should start playing the Sheep game. Happens fairly quickly on a desktop. On my iPad it takes a bit longer and sometimes even takes two or three attempts. I reckon you are good to go though.

What device are you on? I assume you are viewing via the App or the 'real' RangersTV website. I think from what you've described you are fine. If you see the Rangers/Sheep crests it is streaming the test stream from that game. There is a slider along the bottom. Drag it back to the halfway point, wait a few minutes and it should start playing the Sheep game. Happens fairly quickly on a desktop. On my iPad it takes a bit longer and sometimes even takes two or three attempts. I reckon you are good to go though.
Ah, I’m on the iPad at the moment but will be watching on laptop > TV using an HDMI. Cheers. And the advice is appreciated.

I'm doing something wrong and I don't know what.

I have registered for Rangers TV.

I have redeemed my voucher.

I have gone to the live rangers tv site and clicked the icon top right.

I have completed login details and clicked submit.

Nothing happens. I have tried this on Sony TV, iPad Pro and a MAC.

Whats the stupid thing I am/am not doing please?

Trying to register now and it's asking for a Rangers Number? Where do I find it from?

Are you registering to use the VST package? As far as I recall your Rangers Number is only relevant if you want to link for MyGers points and are buying an Annual RangersTV package.. I'm guessing you can just leave that blank otherwise.

I’ve just tried this. Let me login although content looks squashed and bizarre. When I clicked on the Aberdeen game I got an error message about needing google play to use the App and my device not supporting it.
It’s quite an old fire stick so maybe that. Just hope it lets me log out or I could be screwed!
The app does work on the fire stick and very well!. I’ve been using for some time now and set up for my old man yesterday.

I believe the app isn’t meant to work with the Virtual Season Ticket as the app is still geolocked and you will need a vpn to watch using the app.

The app will look squished on the fire stick and you will need to use a mouse toggle app to navigate the app (which can be downloaded and installed using the downloader app - google “mouse toggle app Fire tv Troy point” for a link)

You will get the google play services error when you try to watch a video. Click ok twice and it will disappear. The video will start to play but be squished up the top of the screen. You can then use the mouse toggle to press the full screen option and it will play perfectly.

I must stress that this is much more stable than watching with just the fire stick internet browser and would highly recommend!

I have gone to the live Rangers tv site and clicked the icon top right.

See the second slide marked Step 3 in the OP. Once you sign in on the 'live' website do you see the three black diagonal stripes behind the wee man icon in the top right?

If you do then you are successfully logged in. Unfortunately it looks like the test stream on that page is no longer working though. What I suggest you do - for now - is login via the RangersTV App on your iPad Pro. Click Fixtures on the bottom menu bar and then select the St Mirren game. You will get a popup that says Video or Audio. Select Video. Click on play and you should see Rangers/Aberdeen club crests. That indicates its playing the stream from the Sheep game. You can drag the slider back to around the half way point, wait a few seconds and it should start playing the match. Sometimes takes two or three attempts on my iPad. If you see the crests though you are good to go. At least then you will know you've done everything right and the stream should play on any of the devices you've mentioned, except perhaps the SmartTV.

Silk still isn’t working for me on FireStick - page won’t load ‘page not responding’ after I enter live.rangers.co.uk

Silk still isn’t working for me on FireStick - page won’t load ‘page not responding’ after I enter live.Rangers.co.uk

You seem one of very few with issues on Silk. Could try downloading an alternative browser. Edge or Chrome seem favourites.

I have gone to the live Rangers tv site and clicked the icon top right.

well, don't know what I did wrong, but now my Rangers TV account is blocked. Why is it that everything is so F***king difficult

Ok I’m in and clicked on Aberdeen game and nothing

Which device? Using the browser or the App? Do you mean you clicked on the St Mirren game and are seeing the crests from the Rangers/Aberdeen game? More info.

If you clicked on the St Mirren game and see Rangers/Aberdeen club crests that indicates its playing the stream from the Sheep game. You can drag the slider back to around the half way point, wait a few seconds and it should start playing the match. Sometimes takes two or three attempts on my iPad. If you see the crests though you are good to go.

Last edited:
It says on the FAQ’s that you can cast onto the telly but I’m having trouble doing it, anyone got any tips? Tried it on a Samsung and an LG telly.

Which device? Using the browser or the App? Do you mean you clicked on the St Mirren game and are seeing the crests from the Rangers/Aberdeen game? More info.

If you clicked on the St Mirren game and see Rangers/Aberdeen club crests that indicates its playing the stream from the Sheep game. You can drag the slider back to around the half way point, wait a few seconds and it should start playing the match. Sometimes takes two or three attempts on my iPad. If you see the crests though you are good to go.
I’m on laptop mate,I’m seeing crests but no highlights when I try to play

I'm not getting highlights either. Just the crests via Silk on the firestick. Have the laptop on standby with Edge. Will this work?

Failing that, I watched the friendlies on my phone.

I’m on laptop mate,I’m seeing crests but no highlights when I try to play

You are good to go then I'd say, so long as you see the crest.

Try dragging the slider backwards to halfway like I suggested in my previous post. Its a bit fiddly and sometimes takes a few attempts.

I'm not getting highlights either. Just the crests via Silk on the firestick. Have the laptop on standby with Edge. Will this work?

Failing that, I watched the friendlies on my phone.

For whatever reason it starts at the end of the stream and doesn't automatically go back to the start. You could try dragging the slider back as above but if you are seeing the Rangers/Aberdeen crests I'd say you are good to go.

For those asking. This might mean moving pictures 45 minutes before kick-off or it might mean the placeholder screen 45 minutes before kick-off. ‘Normal’ RangersTV is moving pictures half an hour before kick-off but today is a new experience for us all. Need to wait and see.

You seem one of very few with issues on Silk. Could try downloading an alternative browser. Edge or Chrome seem favourites.
I'm having the exact same issue as @Mview83 using Silk which worked perfectly for the Motherwell game. The page flashes up briefly them the 'page not responding' message appears. I've managed to log in via Firefox browser on the Firestick so may be worth trying that if having difficulties.

I'm having the exact same issue as @Mview83 using Silk which worked perfectly for the Motherwell game. The page flashes up briefly them the 'page not responding' message appears. I've managed to log in via Firefox browser on the Firestick so may be worth trying that if having difficulties.

You will use these fancy gadgets ha ha.

Firefox has always worked for me on my desktop but I did see one report of issues earlier in the week. If you're struggling then Edge or Chrome seem to be the way to go.

You will use these fancy gadgets ha ha.

Firefox has always worked for me on my desktop but I did see one report of issues earlier in the week. If you're struggling then Edge or Chrome seem to be the way to go.
Haha! Can't seem to get Chrome on the Firestick, brings up Firefox when you search. Suspect it's a Google/Amazon thing. Worst comes to the worst I'll watch on the laptop, annoyed I gave my dad my Chromecast now, it works with no issues at all! :))

I'm in the app and all I'm getting is the Rangers v Aberdeen crest too.

Same as everybody else then. You can try the dragging the slider thing described numerous times above but its a bit hit and miss. If you are getting these crest I reckon you are good to go. Its just at the end of the stream and they haven't set it to restart.

Same as everybody else then. You can try the dragging the slider thing described numerous times above but its a bit hit and miss. If you are getting these crest I reckon you are good to go. Its just at the end of the stream and they haven't set it to restart.
Yeah I was thinking that cos it's the same on Chrome.

What do i need to do to be able to buy the game today? Non season ticket holder and currently in Spain

App doesn't seem to give me the option to buy

Does work on anyone’s TV if you have a web browser on it?

The browsers on SmartTVs are poor. It just depends on the manufacturer, some will work alright, some will be poor, some won't work at all.

If you have an alternative like a laptop/HDMI then that's the optimum way to view. Otherwise try the SmartTV. You might be lucky. Its not something I'd recommend though.

The browsers on SmartTVs are poor. It just depends on the manufacturer, some will, work alright, some will be poor, some wont work at all.

If you have an alternative like a laptop/HDMI then that's the optimum way to view. Otherwise try the SmartTV. You might be lucky. Its not something I'd recommend though.
Thanks, I’ll give the laptop/HDMI thing a go! Would be good to get it on proper TV.

I did see a single report earlier this week of issues with Firefox. I use it as my back-up browser and its always worked with RangersTV for me. I much prefer Edge though.

Laptop/HDMI is the way to go though. Definitely.
That's been my preferred method for about 3 seasons now while living away from home. Laptop and hdmi will bypass most of the issues you read about on here!
Thanks guys. Firefox, laptop, HDMI is my plan A today then. Give it go in a sec

Thanks, I’ll give the laptop/HDMI thing a go! Would be good to get it on proper TV.
This worked perfectly for the Coventry friendly - although I haven’t a clue how I got it on the laptop as safari wasn’t loading the game and I just clicked various icons before it came on

Why are Rangers so very poor at this type of stuff - registering for away tickets, Rangers tv etc. That we always need several threads on a fans site to explain it. Absolutely abysmal again.

Why are Rangers so very poor at this type of stuff - registering for away tickets, Rangers tv etc. That we always need several threads on a fans site to explain it. Absolutely abysmal again.

The initial launch was a shambles. No question. Now though? It really is very straighforward. Especially now you can get it on the App. Its a system designed for use on desktops, laptops and mobile devices and its straightforward on them all. Start introducing SmartTV, Firesticks, Chromesticks and the like and you run into issues.

I've checked out a few other clubs sites. None of them have had a seamless experience for ST holders.

How do you get the game if you dont have a Rangers number ? thanks

You do not need a Rangers Number. If you are doing PPV just buy the game, set up your RangersTV Account - if you don't already have one - and away you go. The Rangers Number is only relevant for Annual subscribers who want MyGers points.

You do not need a Rangers Number. If you are doing PPV just buy the game, set up your RangersTV Account - if you don't already have one - and away you go. The Rangers Number is only relevant for Annual subscribers who want MyGers points.
Ok ta it's for my son pal he says it keeps asking for his rangers number i will get back onto him thanks

Thought I'd drop this in here for those who can't normally be bothered visiting the excellent new official website. Surprisingly it answers a lot of the questions being asked.:rolleyes:

Back