Ruling On Latest Fat Mike Court Case – Still Waiting...

Anybody know what's going on; actually going on?

It is believed by some (me included) that the Judge has provided a ruling with regards the Rangers v Sports Direct case.

It would appear that ruling is not yet in the public domain. There could be a few reasons for that.

The megastore at Ibrox, operated by SD was not open today, or at least part of today, when it normally would have been.

There is conjecture that the Judge's ruling may have something to do with that. I agree with that position.

I take this as a positive sign, however that is just a feeling based on the limited information available. If it was in SD's favour why would the megastore be closed.

As far as I am aware nothing more than that is known (or reasonably guessed at), at least by anyone willing / able to talk about it just now.

Was the plan that the store was to be the new ticket centre and the Edmiston house to be the Club shop and Museum? Part of the 2022 anniversary?
I hope so, never had official word from the club about that project since it was first mentioned, we’re probably due an update.

Normally the solicitors involved get a copy of the written judgement the day before the hearing by email and the judgement is embargoed until the hearing is out the way. I don’t think there’s been a judgement provided unless perhaps the judge has asked for the parties to review the decision over the weekend and provide any corrections to factual errors before it’s handed down. But more likely it sounds like the judge in this case needs more time to finalise his decision.

I don’t know the ins and the outs of this case but given we haven’t had any joy so far i’m not expecting anything overly positive but who knows.

It is believed by some (me included) that the Judge has provided a ruling with regards the Rangers v Sports Direct case.

It would appear that ruling is not yet in the public domain. There could be a few reasons for that.

The megastore at Ibrox, operated by SD was not open today, or at least part of today, when it normally would have been.

There is conjecture that the Judge's ruling may have something to do with that. I agree with that position.

I take this as a positive sign, however that is just a feeling based on the limited information available. If it was in SD's favour why would the megastore be closed.

As far as I am aware nothing more than that is known (or reasonably guessed at), at least by anyone willing / able to talk about it just now.

Hopefully this indicates a positive ruling for us then!

Getting rid of that fat kunt of a lizard is almost as high on the wish list as seeing us win 55 next season! :D

Someone on RM claiming we may have asked to settle out of court at the 13th hour. Nothing else posted about it.

Was the plan that the store was to be the new ticket centre and the Edmiston house to be the Club shop and Museum? Part of the 2022 anniversary?

That was the one plan that Charles Green announced that was absolutely the right thing to do. Never heard or read that the current board will do it. The ticket office is an utter disgrace looks like a building site office and Edmiston House should be a shop a museum and a cafe bar. Can’t see that happening.

Very good point.
Should have been called the mugastore , because of those giant sized sports direct mugs, they sent one out to me in Australia with a Rangers top order (years ago) must've cost me a fortune as their mailing costs were huge.
I complained to them, they said it was all accounted for whatever that meant, so I threw it in the fu@king dustbin, like where they are now hopefully.

If we could settle out of court do they not think we would have done it already FFS.

Happens quite often surely when one side blinks ahead of a ruling from the judge, no?

They get a feeling it's not going their way and fling 70 / 80 / 90% towards the opposite party to saving having to bite the full 100% minutes later.

If we've tried to settle, I don't think it'd be good news but who knows...

Seeing as everyone has an opinion, mine is the judge doesn't know their written law, from historical law test cases, from common sense, from their elbow.
All at no fault of his/her own might I add.
Exactly the sort of legal and corporate quagmire Fatty wanted us dragged into should we dare boycott him and have his ego hurt by being out manouvered by Dave King and T3B.
Would it be accurate to say we won't hear anything until Monday at the earliest?

That was the one plan that Charles Green announced that was absolutely the right thing to do. Never heard or read that the current board will do it. The ticket office is an utter disgrace looks like a building site office and Edmiston House should be a shop a museum and a cafe bar. Can’t see that happening.

We’ve likely got the best ticket office in Scottish football :cool: but that edminston house building likely has a lot of problems

Could the Sports Direct outlet at Ibrox have been shut simply to do with lack of stock or interest in the shite they are selling? Surely by now our fans have it in their head nit yo shop there?

I’m hoping it’s a sign that the fat rat has been beaten and he is off to lick his wounds. I’m sure most Rangers fans will be celebrating the day he finally has nothing to do with the club. That said there are some halfwits who would still have him over Dave King.

We’ve likely got the best ticket office in Scottish football :cool: but that edminston house building likely has a lot of problems

I was talking aesthetically mate it looks temporary and it looks like they were borrowed from Barrett’s after they built some houses. Green wanted them gone and the current shop to be the new ticket office. Edmiston House would then House a huge super store museum and cafe bar. The offices in the Copland and Broomloan stands were to be refurbished.

All of that needs to be done urgently in my opinion.

I was talking aesthetically mate it looks temporary and it looks like they were borrowed from Barrett’s after they built some houses. Green wanted them gone and the current shop to be the new ticket office. Edmiston House would then House a huge super store museum and cafe bar. The offices in the Copland and Broomloan stands were to be refurbished.

All of that needs to be done urgently in my opinion.

He was a fantastic s***** talker Charles green he would be great in the wrestling business.

There must be something up with that building that’s why it’s no been used for years obviously asbestos or something unused In 30 year or something

Last edited:
I don't think it was the Spivs. I think it was a clause put in when the 7 year deal was ended. I think Kings lawyers balls'd it up and missed it. I may be wrong.

Dave King has different lawyers from Rangers so that’s incorrect mate

They already are, you really dont have a clue about any of this.
Far from being clueless, I have followed the retail litigation closely.
The inevitable outcome of this case ( 726) is that we will sign a contract with SD on the terms decided by the judge. This contract will run untIl the summer of 2020 but will have little effect if we continue to boycott and buy from Elite instead. However, it is inconceivable that Hummel would not have a contractual obligation to supply our ‘ official partner’

That is why SD brought the second case (631). He is trying to bring Hummel and the manufacturing into the equation because the first case won’t harm us ( other than paying his legal costs if the judge sides with his interpretation of the terms). This is the case that went to speedy trial in April and the judgement is still awaited.

Normally the solicitors involved get a copy of the written judgement the day before the hearing by email and the judgement is embargoed until the hearing is out the way. I don’t think there’s been a judgement provided unless perhaps the judge has asked for the parties to review the decision over the weekend and provide any corrections to factual errors before it’s handed down. But more likely it sounds like the judge in this case needs more time to finalise his decision.

I don’t know the ins and the outs of this case but given we haven’t had any joy so far i’m not expecting anything overly positive but who knows.
I have no clue about courts etc but surely the judge can't give his judgement the day before the actual hearing?
Isnt the hearing where the lawyers argue their case to try convince the judge?

The inevitable outcome of this case ( 726) is that we will sign a contract with SD on the terms decided by the judge. This contract will run untIl the summer of 2020 but will have little effect if we continue to boycott and buy from Elite instead. However, it is inconceivable that Hummel would not have a contractual obligation to supply our ‘ official partner’

That is why SD brought the second case (631). He is trying to bring Hummel and the manufacturing into the equation because the first case won’t harm us ( other than paying his legal costs if the judge sides with his interpretation of the terms). This is the case that went to speedy trial in April and the judgement is still awaited.
My question here is why SD would now want a retail deal?
They’ll get zilch from it.
Why they’d now want stock from Hummel.
Stock they’ll be stuck with.
I’m thinking it’s now all about damages and awards.

It’s a positive outcome for us 100 percent I can feel it keep believing
andrews_marvin_glasgow_rangers_kneeling.jpg

If the megastore is in darkness again today, I would say.......................? Someone with any clue fill the blanks in please

Last edited:
They will have a retail deal whether they want one or not.
They brought the court action to have the judge decide on the terms. He will instruct both parties to conclude a deal on the terms he decides.
I guess they don’t need to buy stock if they don’t want to. That is a commercial decision for them.
I think it all hinges on the other case. It is hard to see how they can bring manufacturing into it but they spend a fortune on top lawyers so I wouldn’t take anything for granted.

2 Days ago you posted this.
I doubt Hummel would want to be sued by Jabba.

I doubt any manufacturer of strips would choose to exclude SD and make an enemy of Ashley

Like I said, you dont have a clue.

Worth remembering. IF the decision is that we have to make a deal with SD and they somehow shut down the elite deal as well, worst case scenario is that we get a strip deal at commercial terms on the open market but with SD.

That's the worst case scenario. Litigation isnt a black and white thing. Yes there are legal costs and possibly damages but I'd rather throw some fucking money at treating the cancerous fat modern slaver bastard than sitting with that old 7 year deal. Which for all we knew had a subsequent matching clause just as the current deal does. And every year from now we can negotiate new deals at higher rates until he fucks off and doesn't match.

Obviously there are better outcomes still in play as well.

It is entirely possible and plausible that both sides have been given an advance copy of the judgment. After seeing it they may well have asked the court if they could have time to reach an agreement of some description.
That type of application would be granted in chambers meaning time would be given to the parties involved to try and resolve the issue in line with the determination on the judgment.
Both Rangers and sports direct would know the court’s thinking and there would be a much greater likelihood of them being able to agree an out of court settlement which would prevent certain details from being made public

Back