Ryan Jack injured and out of Scotland squad

What like the cup final he won for us last week?
I'm well aware he scored a fantastic goal last weekend, that shouldn't detract from concerns about his fitness, the percentage of games he's able to take part in versus those he can't and his overall contribution to the season.

As a club we can't continue next season with players who are regularly injured.

Ahhh injured

0-BC8-D72-D-441-D-4-BE5-A49-F-66-BE46-F155-B2.gif

This thread ffs.

The guy came off the bench to score the winner in a cup final last week.

The guy has also missed more games than he's played since joining us.

Good player on his day, don't think anyone would dispute that but he's nowhere near robust enough for our schedule which tends to be 60+ games a season.

Same goes for a few of the players tbh.

I’d be willing to bet he’s been carrying a wee injury for a few weeks now, most likely playing through the pain barrier.
I think so, that's why he was subbed in t Europa final and was on the bench for the Scottish. He's looked a wee bit sluggish in games to me, had some good moments in games too.

Sorry but when it comes to Jack we do not renew his contract when it comes around, he’s far too much injury prone, we’ve possibly paid more when he was on the medical bench.

We need to shake him by the hand and thank him for his service but there’s no way he should be considered a first team player next season, always either injured or coming back from injury and can barely complete 90 mins never mind 3 games in 7 days.
I love him as a player but he’s unable to see out 90 minutes for 3 games in a row. Unfortunately we need to replace him; he’s got a role to play I’m sure but it isn’t in the heart of our midfield week to week.

Yep. Including all if the European knockout games, Scottish cup quarter final to final.

He also played all the old firm games this year.

He is managed for the big games, because he is a big player, a vital player for us.
Its a cliche but every game in a Rangers shirt is a big game. We dont have any that arent must win games.

Hopefully nothing serious, need someone to replace him for the 5-6 months a season when he's injured regardless.

Not a surprise. Can't complete 90 minutes for us or play twice in a week. Summer of rest required.

According to the stats he played 21 games in the season just finished.

18 of those appearances are since February when he came on during the second half against Celtic and impressed. So despite some fans on here completely writing him off up to that point his fitness and contribution since then has been very encouraging and he became a key player in the final third of the season.

If Scotland don’t qualify maybe it is time he called it a day to focus on his club football.

18 of those appearances are since February when he came on during the second half against Celtic and impressed. So despite some fans on here completely writing him off up to that point his fitness and contribution since then has been very encouraging and he became a key player in the final third of the season.
I know, you're repeating stuff back to me that I've already said.

21 appearances out of 60 odd games is a concern and there's a pattern here related to other seasons.

I know, you're repeating stuff back to me that I've already said.

21 appearances out of 60 odd games is a concern and there's a pattern here related to other seasons.

He has had major injury problems for a couple of seasons so the fact he's managed to get back into the side during the final few months of the season and make a big contribution is encouraging.

For 5 years, Ryan Jack has been available for about 40% of games. Giving him an extended deal as he goes into his 30s seems a bit like a bad idea.

Scotland have blame in this but we need to address the elephant in the room, this most likely would have happened anyway if this was a Rangers training week.

So many guys who just constantly on the injury table and it’s not good enough.

The elephant in the room is that with his injury record he cannot hold up to the rigours of club and international football, and he knows this. I'm biased as I don't care about international football, but I do think he should have been spending the break before our pre-season to recuperate rather than go off with the Scottish national team. This has to be the last time we accept him going on international duty and getting injured.

Guy comes back from a serious injury, no pre season, and instantly makes an impact on the team, then scores a peach in the cup final

Threads a red neck ffs

How is it good news? You realise that our Scottish players want to play for Scotland? Playing for your national team is a great honour for professionals to look back on, yet you think Jack has made up an injury to pull out of a massive game for his country… lmao

It's good news because he's finally realised he needs to manage his game time and his body needs proper recovery time through the summer break.

International football is going to be a problem for him going forward imo.

His body simply can't handle 2 games a week.

he had major problems and they got to the bottom of it with surgery. He will continue to do a job for us, great when fit. In April him and Lundstram were great as a pair. Thankfully Gio and co will disagree with you

We've heard that line before. Gerrard also let slip when he was angry with Jack and Clarke a few years ago that Jack has a chronic injury issue. The reality is he's always going to miss upwards of 15 games a season, either through being out injured or us managing his chronic injury issues. Personally I'm fine with that because of the difference he makes when he's available, and I won't pretend I was a big fan of him before we signed him or after his first season with us.

What I don't think Rangers can accept at this point is a player who knows he has chronic injury issues going away on international duty when he's been injured in training for the national team more than once. Especially as our previous manager implied that said national team coaching staff weren't making any allowances for his injury issues in training, and basically had him doing unnecessary fitness training - or, to put it more bluntly, ran him into the ground.

Scott Arfield prioritised us over Canada to prolong his career with us, as his body couldn't hold up to the schedule. Jack's can't either. If he's dead set on accepting every call up that's his prerogative, but it's something the club need to take into account in any contract talks.

Think next season will be Jack’s last as a Rangers player.

It’s sad to see how unable he is to stay fit

Back