Ryan Jack injured and out of Scotland squad

I like Jack, and I also like when he's in the team. I feel more confident with him playing, but ultimately it's us thst put in the effort with his injuries. It's us that pays his wages. He clearly isn't fit enough to play for Scotland and Rangers.

Hes a professional, and I'm sure he will he gutted, but he has to make a choice.

We need to shake him by the hand and thank him for his service but there’s no way he should be considered a first team player next season, always either injured or coming back from injury and can barely complete 90 mins never mind 3 games in 7 days.
We need to give him every chance the difference to the team with or without him is very noticeable.
He changed a SC final that looked like it was heading for penalties.

Sad the lads injured again. I personally think it’s a relief if I’m honest. Gives him time to recover and get back to full fitness. I wish the lad all the best but I can’t see him ever being fully fit. Sad as he is a great player for us.

That's unfortunate, no need to rush it though Ryan. We look forward to having you fit and well for the start of the season.

Ryan Jack will be our deputy captain next season if Goldson does go and he will continue to be one of our most influential players. He makes us a more solid team.
Hopefully he isn't too gutted at having to miss getting another international cap.
For 60 mins. Every 1 or 2 games for half a season.

He was injured before the Europa final.

He wasn’t in the squad for Dundee Utd or Ross County. I personally saw him limping about M&S.

He’s obviously been playing through the pain barrier in recent weeks.

Hope it’s not one that will hamper him pre season, a good 5 weeks to recover and hopefully back fit.

He clearly has the appetite for international football but the Scotland team has moved on in his absence and there’s only really a bit part to play for him now. If we reach the World Cup I’d say stick with it but if we don’t it may be better to focus on Rangers moving forward.

Jack played a massive part in the Euro run after missing about a year of football, he’s got plenty left in the tank to offer us but as others have said, we aren’t getting 40plus games out him.
He did play a key role. Then we had to change the team at critical times because he couldn't last 90 time and time again. I don't expect anyone to be happy that Ryan needs replaced. But he does. He plays an important role that needs filled for 90 mins 2 games a week. And he cannot do it.

For 60 mins. Every 1 or 2 games for half a season.
Jordan Henderson was taking off last night, not uncommon for captains not to last the whole game. Jack is one our best players and influential, he will make a great vice captain and will hopefully be with us for a good few seasons yet.

Too many injury prone players is the main issue in our squad right now. Guys like Helander, Roofe & Jack are all good players, but what use are they on the treatment table?
Bit OTT is that not . Professional players get injured playing football .shockaroonie .
When they play as many games as we do in a season ,it will happen but thats football and every club has their injury issues all the time

He was injured before the Europa final.

He wasn’t in the squad for Dundee Utd or Ross County. I personally saw him limping about M&S.

He’s obviously been playing through the pain barrier in recent weeks.
I think he’s being playing through some sort of pain barrier since he signed.

I like Jack. It’s a cracking player and really makes us so much stronger. But. We need to have our core players being reliable fitness wise. Will Jack ever get there?

He was clearly nursing an injury problem for the last six weeks of the season.
He completely sat out a few games and played 60 minutes in others in order to get him through.
It is no surprise to me whatsoever that he has withdrawn from Scotland squad.
I’m just glad he didn’t try to get himself through 60 minutes for scotland and make the matter worse.

2017/18 22 appearances

2018/19 47 appearances

2019/20 41 appearances

2020/21 30 appearances

2021/22 24 appearances
League games i said. Well i technically said leagues but you know what i mean. :D

Anyone remember when we used to have 44 game league seasons btw? My first season ticket wouldve been during a 44 game season.

It blows me away the amount of people that have the 'bin him' attitude when he gets a flare up of previous injuries. He got the worst injury of his career whilst playing for Rangers. It's morally bankrupt to want to ditch him for this. He's came back from a bad injury in February and had been involved in 21 games until the end of the season. I find that truly remarkable.

Steven Gerrard must be morally bankrupt for not giving Jamie Murphy much of a chance after his injury then.

Replaced by uncapped Luton Town midfielder Allan Campbell.
Don’t know that lad, or what he is like but did that tube Clarke not say he wasn’t being Scott Wright in to a squad for a big game cause he is uncapped yet he’s went and done it anyway!?

Surely Wright should be there on merit.

the man just won us a Scottish cup 8 days ago, wise up
Yeah and the 40 min has caused him to be injured again. I’m debating he’s a great player for us but if he can’t play 90 mins and always breaking down with the same injury even after the supposed career saving op last season i think we just need to start being realistic and realising he’s gonna be no more than a bit player next season.

18 of those appearances are since February when he came on during the second half against Celtic and impressed. So despite some fans on here completely writing him off up to that point his fitness and contribution since then has been very encouraging and he became a key player in the final third of the season.
Our European turnaround has mostly had Jack playing at some stage in the games. We can't deny how good and important he is to us. Lundstram's rise in this half of the season has mostly been with Jack alongside him. Gerard loved him and Gio knows how much he brings to the team. Hopefully a full summer of rest and physio and he will be bursting at the seams for next season. It was this time last season he had just had surgery, and had to go through 7 months of rehabilitation. If he gets a full pre-season, i think he will be awesome again.

Ryan Jack needs to accept he only has a certain number of games in him per season. A number that will get lower and lower as he gets older.

He needs to decide where he wants to use those
minutes.

Last edited:
This thread ffs.

The guy came off the bench to score the winner in a cup final last week.
Yes you are correct and most rangers fans love Ryan Jack however the guy is injury prone it’s as simple as that, we know how good he is and that is what annoys fans we need him on the park

This thread ffs.

The guy came off the bench to score the winner in a cup final last week.

Absolutely and if his game time and recovery between matches is managed properly, he'll star in plenty more big games for us.

International football, particularly in the close season, is a far from ideal option for him and he seriously needs to consider his international future, if he wants to maximise his club career.

I'm well aware he scored a fantastic goal last weekend, that shouldn't detract from concerns about his fitness, the percentage of games he's able to take part in versus those he can't and his overall contribution to the season.

As a club we can't continue next season with players who are regularly injured.
Total agreement

Back