Ryan Jack injured and out of Scotland squad

Think next season will be Jack’s last as a Rangers player.

It’s sad to see how unable he is to stay fit

In fairness, he would have been playing through the pain barrier in those two finals last week. He wants to play for Scotland and likely accepted the call when he should have been recuperating for next season. Him pulling out of this squad doesn't concern me so much as him accepting the call in general when he can't manage more than half a season for us over the last two years.

He hasn’t even 90 minutes since Dortmund.

It was ridiculous he went with Scotland for those meaningless friendlies in March - and, of course, Clarke gave him 60 minutes a few days before the Old Firm.

A real shame for the player but RJ will have to give real thought to his international career.

he had major problems and they got to the bottom of it with surgery. He will continue to do a job for us, great when fit. In April him and Lundstram were great as a pair. Thankfully Gio and co will disagree with you
How have they got to the bottom of it when he can’t play a full 90 mins. People need to realise he’s done at the top level and we need to be ruthless and move on and get a player that can play every week.

If he misses Scotland games because of injury tough titty .
Fekk Scotland. Withdraw from all their games have a restful close season and come back fit for those who really care about him. Scotland and their fans don't want our players.

We need to shake him by the hand and thank him for his service but there’s no way he should be considered a first team player next season, always either injured or coming back from injury and can barely complete 90 mins never mind 3 games in 7 days.
FFS. Where to start with pish like that. Did you just watch the end to our season? Madness. Jack has a huge part to play going forward.

Scotland have blame in this but we need to address the elephant in the room, this most likely would have happened anyway if this was a Rangers training week.

So many guys who just constantly on the injury table and it’s not good enough.
It’s always been the same with us.

We have shit luck with injured players. I’ve never known a club to have key players injured as often as us.

It’s quite incredible the slack that Jack gets for being a crock when you look at the Roofe threads. Same with Helander.

Jack has played 5 games more than Helander over the last 2 seasons. Roofe has played upwards of 20+ more in the same time period but gets the most stick for it.
Ryan Jack never cost a big transfer fee and isn't on massive wages like Roofe and Helander. It's why Balogun gets more of a pass aswell. It's why I'd keep Jack at the end of his contract as a squad option.

Souttar is the same, a gamble due to the injuries but no fee and lower wages, so will offset the complaints a bit.

Him and Davis as squad players next year and a new starter next to Lundstram with the money from the sale of Kamara.
The problem with ‘squad’ players is they need to be ready to play. Reliability is a prerequisite regardless of being in the starting 11 or not.

If we do sell Kamara like your scenario, we’re then left banking on Lundstram not getting injured or we’re left with a 38 year old and someone who can’t complete 90 mins.

Him and Davis as squad players next year and a new starter next to Lundstram with the money from the sale of Kamara.
The problem with ‘squad’ players is they need to be ready to play. Reliability is a prerequisite regardless of being in the starting 11 or not.

If we do sell Kamara like your scenario, we’re then left banking on Lundstram not getting injured or we’re left with a 38 year old and someone who can’t complete 90 mins.

I can see him getting a series of 1 year extensions if he’s doing the business. I don’t think there’s a big contract out there for him though at his age
Injuries aswell.

As a squad option/impact player for 2/3 seasons (even with his Injuries) Jack is definitely worth keeping, when his deal is up next summer.

We really can't afford to have Jack as a guaranteed starter, with project players as back ups next season.

Even with a good season, we'd be lucky to get 40 games off Jack. We need a CM who can push to Jack level. Not a Coulibaly, Zunga type punt. Jury's still out on Sands but I do like him.

Reactions: BWO
How is it good news? You realise that our Scottish players want to play for Scotland? Playing for your national team is a great honour for professionals to look back on, yet you think Jack has made up an injury to pull out of a massive game for his country… lmao
Do you realise the majority of the tartan army don't want Rangers players in the team . This is demonstrated by booing when they touch the ball and barracking them throughout the game. Why would you want to play for these jacobites , always a mystery , far from an honour I'm sorry to say.

A fully fit Jack is a guaranteed starter for us; he's one of our best players. Unfortunately, his injury record means he can't be relied on to build a team around. Would love for him to have a few seasons injury free but just can't see it happening.

Dunno why folk are saying its a masterstroke

He would be playing for scotland if he could

Hes made of glass

Last edited:
Irresponsible and utterly stupid.

Not for the first time.

Rangers have stood by Ryan Jack through all his injuries and he owes the club. If he had any sense he’d stop playing for Scotland and focus on being fit for his loyal employers. Perhaps if he managed to get through a season playing regularly and proving he’s stronger then he could look at getting back into the NT.

We know there’s less than zero chance of his fitness improving though so the choice is clear - focus of Rangers by playing less and trying to maximise your availability, or try to play and travel with Scotland as well.

He’s made his choice and it’s as predictable an outcome as any.

This could , and will again , happen throughout the season thus putting him on the shelf and badly affecting Rangers title and European campaigns.

Any Rangers supporter talking about if only he could get fit or hopefully his injuries are in the past is divisional.

I just hope Rangers themselves have more sense and realise this guy is not worth it , sadly I suspect they will not and he’ll be resigned to repeat this mad situation.

Ridiculous.

Yep. Including all if the European knockout games, Scottish cup quarter final to final.

He also played all the old firm games this year.

He is managed for the big games, because he is a big player, a vital player for us.
That is fine for this season considering our options, going forward we can't just bring him in for big games without match fitness and expect the midfield to run fluidly. We need a dependable midfielder to run that midfield with JL.

Irresponsible and utterly stupid.

Not for the first time.

Rangers have stood by Ryan Jack through all his injuries and he owes the club. If he had any sense he’d stop playing for Scotland and focus on being fit for his loyal employers. Perhaps if he managed to get through a season playing regularly and proving he’s stronger then he could look at getting back into the NT.

We know there’s less than zero chance of his fitness improving though so the choice is clear - focus of Rangers by playing less and trying to maximise your availability, or try to play and travel with Scotland as well.

He’s made his choice and it’s as predictable an outcome as any.

This could , and will again , happen throughout the season thus putting him on the shelf and badly affecting Rangers title and European campaigns.

Any Rangers supporter talking about if only he could get fit or hopefully his injuries are in the past is divisional.

I just hope Rangers themselves have more sense and realise this guy is not worth it , sadly I suspect they will not and he’ll be resigned to repeat this mad situation.

Ridiculous.
He gets injured playing with us
He needs sold and a reliable player bought in his place

The amount of permanent injured players we have is shocking

Just never gets any luck. Hopefully not too serious.

We need to address the injury prone players this summer. We can’t go into another 60 game season relying on 5+ first team players that are injury prone/need their workload, game time managed.

The centre of defence right now is a concern; Souttar, Helander and Balogun are injury prone.

Ryan Jack will be our deputy captain next season if Goldson does go and he will continue to be one of our most influential players. He makes us a more solid team.
Hopefully he isn't too gutted at having to miss getting another international cap.

Ryan Jack will be our deputy captain next season if Goldson does go and he will continue to be one of our most influential players. He makes us a more solid team.
Hopefully he isn't too gutted at having to miss getting another international cap.
Jack is overrated om here rather lundstrum as vice captain

Jack is overrated om here rather lundstrum as vice captain
Lundstrum is a great player also but Jack is more influential. I'd prefer him as vice captain. The previous season the amount of games we went without conceding when he played was insane and we conceded less when he is on the park this season, he is fundamental to how we play. To replace Ryan Jack we would need a lot of luck or an 8 figure fee.

When Ukraine win on Wed I’d be happy for him to call it quits and concentrate on his club. Doesn’t look like he can play 90 mins anymore
He does need to be told, he’s threatening his Rangers career trying to keep his international one going.

Retire from Scotland or get out.

If im Gio that's what I'm telling Jack.

I'm sick to death of the usual suspects missing chunks of the season through injury.

No idea how bad this one is but the last thing we need is Jack playing catch up and missing some of pre season.

That's a disaster for Scotland, especially if they overcome Ukraine because he would have been vital in the Wales match.

Hopefully, from a Rangers pov, it's nothing too serious and he returns fully fit for pre-season. He proved how important a player he is for us in the final months of last season.

Not all players can play 60+ games a season and he's definitely one that does well to manage 30+. Every club has these types and that's fine as long as we have ample midfield depth to legislate for regular rotation.

Lundstrum is a great player also but Jack is more influential. I'd prefer him as vice captain. The previous season the amount of games we went without conceding when he played was insane and we conceded less when he is on the park this season, he is fundamental to how we play. To replace Ryan Jack we would need a lot of luck or an 8 figure fee.
U reckon hes a 10m player

It blows me away the amount of people that have the 'bin him' attitude when he gets a flare up of previous injuries. He got the worst injury of his career whilst playing for Rangers. It's morally bankrupt to want to ditch him for this. He's came back from a bad injury in February and had been involved in 21 games until the end of the season. I find that truly remarkable.

Dont think its that and a wouldn't blame the sfa

Anyone that thinks jacks pulled out to get a pre season with rangers is off there nut
Rangers Medical Team should be advising him to limited game time to maximise game time.

The player should realise that himself obvs and clearly the thought isn’t in his head.

I’ve long questioned his mental strength since he talked about nerves playing the likes of Hearts and Hamilton.

Ryan probably has ambitions of playing in a World Cup. Ability wise he deserves this, but you have to be concerned about his injury record. One way or another I suspect he will retire from International football by the end of the year.
Hopefully Rangers have a rehabilitation plan for Ryan during the summer.

He’s likely hanging on to see if they make the WC. He will be gutted to have missed the euros.

I’d have Jack in a rangers squad until he retires.

We will need a degree of experience, a bit of bite and know how. He clearly gets it.

It blows me away the amount of people that have the 'bin him' attitude when he gets a flare up of previous injuries. He got the worst injury of his career whilst playing for Rangers. It's morally bankrupt to want to ditch him for this. He's came back from a bad injury in February and had been involved in 21 games until the end of the season. I find that truly remarkable.
Its not morally bankrupt
There shouldn't be any time for sentiment when it comes to finances and hes hardly been motm since returning

We really need to replace him, there is no way we can go into next season with Jack as one of our starting midfielders. It's a shame cause on his day he's fantastic but he just can't stay fit and we need someone in his position playing 90% of the games throughout the season

Back