Ryan Jack - the Rangers 'water carrier'

Every team needs someone who is prepared to do the dirty work, and RJ has started the season looking like he belongs in the middle of the park for us.

Cantona was undoubtedly a phenomenal talent but his disingenuous put down of Deschamps shows a lack of insight.

The exact opposite is true ,you don't find the likes of Deschamps on every Street Corner.

Hence why it took us nearly three seasons to fill the role properly .

Jack looks to be a fine acquisition in a position we have been crying out to be filled.

97% pass completion is Xavi like, amazing stats

Jack is also pretty good going forward.

A very good article.
Good recognition of the tireless hard work Ryan Jack puts in.
Well appreciated and a big big fan :)

Good and positive. I expected him to be a back up player but he's certainly made a few eat their words.

Guy is invaluable said on Saturday after game he's your steady 7 out of 10 most week's. Every team needs a player like that.

He's come into the team and absolutely nailed the position as his own. One of our most important players now.

Really good read, Jack has exceeded all expectations, I thought Rossiter would be a shoo in for this position with Jack as a reserve but Jack is undroppable with his level of consistency right now and long may that continue.

Really good read, Jack has exceeded all expectations, I thought Rossiter would be a shoo in for this position with Jack as a reserve but Jack is undroppable with his level of consistency right now and long may that continue.

It's a long season, there will be changes at some point, no need for total burnout.

As I said on a previous RJ thread, many on FF seen him as no more than a squad player. I admit that I wasn't overly excited by him signing. I'm very pleasantly surprised by his contribution and see him as an excellent signing for a role we've sorely neglected for some time.

The guy quietly goes about his business, won't be many people raving about him after the game but for sure he is extremely influential in the way our team plays.

Love this type of player, hard working and devoted to the club. He's still young too. I think by and large he's had pass marks against Celtic in the Aberdeen side, I'm eager to see if he can up his game against them now he has a better supporting cast.

Passes and carries the ball forward much more than I expected him to. And does so quite effectively at times.

Majorly impressed with Jack, he's so consistent and the type who will only truly be appreciated in the games he doesn't play.

That is a good read.

I didnt appreciate the job Jack does for a team until he signed for us. A very good signing thus far.

Cantona was undoubtedly a phenomenal talent but his disingenuous put down of Deschamps shows a lack of insight.

The exact opposite is true ,you don't find the likes of Deschamps on every Street Corner.

Hence why it took us nearly three seasons to fill the role properly .

Jack looks to be a fine acquisition in a position we have been crying out to be filled.
Totally agree mate

A great signing and I think he will be a first pick for us for many years to come if he remains as consistent as he has started his Rangers career.

Add me to those who were unsure and thought he may be a squad player at best. Been pleasantly surprised though and if he can keep up these performance levels can be a starter for us in there for years to come.

He is also very good going forward, something a few of us seem to forget. That backheel pass was outstanding as well.

I've said before that a Scotland combination of Jack & McGinn might work as I think they compliment each other very well. That is really an aside though, RJ is first and foremost a Rangers player. I'm delighted with his start and he's a lad who looks like he's blossoming in a Rangers jersey.

I didn't notice him as a standout when he was with the sheep, but he has been a standout, very consistent.

I didn't notice him as a standout when he was with the sheep, but he has been a standout, very consistent.
I thought the same, but to be honest the only time I watched any of their games was against us and I'm generally pretty ignorant to opposition players.

Hey guys! Really appreciate all the feedback and the extra exposure, glad you enjoyed the article! I'm new to FF but I am on FB and Twitter quite a lot. The graphics are a bit rough but I'm much more a numbers/football guy than an aesthetics one - though I do try!

Anything else you want to know, questions you may have for future that I could do articles on, etc feel free to shoot

It has only taken Ryan Jack a handful of games to quieten the naysayers. Like many, while he was playing for the sheep, I had no idea just how good a player he is. A solid 7/10 every game.

Back