Ryan Jack

Another one we need to look to replace. At the top of his game he's great but we haven't seen that for a while and we don't get enough games out of him.

I’d be very surprised if he isn’t fit, the sports science team will know everything in terms of physical fitness.
I’ve never seen him so far off it, id say it’s more likely a mental thing, pre occupied with his injury reoccurring, or at the very least, pre occupied with the thought there is a high risk of being injured again.

He was slow to turn and didn’t seem to have any acceleration.

We all know what he can bring to the team, maybe just needs some game time to get confidence back that his body is up to it? Whatever, he deserves some time to return to his best.

There have been spells over the last couple of seasons he has came back from injury and made a real difference but it’s no use having someone who is only available half the season or less.

None of us really know anything about his current condition but here is zero fuckin chance he is unfit, fat or been tossing it off during the closed season.
He’s been to hell and back over the past season with injuries, remember how well he came back the last time only to get his ankle fucked by some shithouse in a Hearts strip?

Knowing the type of man he is, if his injury has healed and he gets confidence back he can perform at an elite level without worrying about injury re occurrence, then with a bit of luck, he still has a major part to play in this team.

If the medical staff thought he was finished, there is no way he would be anywhere near the first team.

Camt run a club on sentiment but he is under contract. Jacko more than anyone, at least deserves time and understanding from the fans. Let’s not write him off yet!

Time for Jack to move on - his injury record is frankly ridiculous. He will NEVER be fit.
He played 22 games for us last season despite missing most of the first half of the season.

He has averaged over 30 games a season with us since he joined, which isn’t bad.

He has played over 400 games in his career, nearly half of which have been with us. Again, not bad going.

Granted he has not started the season particularly well in terms of form, but that applies to a lot of the squad. Longer term we may need to think of a replacement, perhaps Charlie McCann will start to come through this season and add proper competition for the role along with Davis and even Sands, but I would still back Jack to return to form and contribute to the team this season.

None of us really know anything about his current condition but here is zero fuckin chance he is unfit, fat or been tossing it off during the closed season.
He’s been to hell and back over the past season with injuries, remember how well he came back the last time only to get his ankle fucked by some shithouse in a Hearts strip?

Knowing the type of man he is, if his injury has healed and he gets confidence back he can perform at an elite level without worrying about injury re occurrence, then with a bit of luck, he still has a major part to play in this team.

If the medical staff thought he was finished, there is no way he would be anywhere near the first team.

Camt run a club on sentiment but he is under contract. Jacko more than anyone, at least deserves time and understanding from the fans. Let’s not write him off yet!

Good post.

The eagerness with which some of our fans love to write our players off, is getting really fukin tedious.

Is there any of our current team that haven't been written off at some point of their Rangers careers?

I'd suggest the new signings, but Colak and Matondo have been written off, albeit Colak has made his comeback already after being given 1 game initially.

Jack needs games to get match fit. If he gets there, we'll be a better team. If he doesn't, I'd play Sands there and bring Davies and or Souttar in to CH.

Good post.

The eagerness with which some of our fans love to write our players off, is getting really fukin tedious.

Is there any of our current team that haven't been written off at some point of their Rangers careers?

I'd suggest the new signings, but Colak and Matondo have been written off, albeit Colak has made his comeback already after being given 1 game initially.

Jack needs games to get match fit. If he gets there, we'll be a better team. If he doesn't, I'd play Sands there and bring Davies and or Souttar in to CH.
The fallout from this weekend has been staggering but your right, a hell of a a lot of our fans are always far to quick with the negative shite, every player gets it at some point and it’s always been that way.

I get the frustrations after the weekend but thankfully FF, me included, don't pick the team and deal with player contracts, motivation and tactics :))

Out at the dancing until the early hours last night. Not going to help with getting into tip top shape.

He’s certainly not the most professional off the field

Good post.

Nearly every player in our squad has been written off already this season by various folk and we are not even out of August. it’s bananas.

Perhaps the combined threats of Covid, Nuclear War, Climate Change, Transport strikes, and the Cost of Living Crisis has finally caused some to lose a wee bit of perspective and rationality.

Too many injuries have taken it's toll on him. Looks done after half an hour every time he starts including at the end of last season.
This season should be his last as a Rangers player.

Out at the dancing until the early hours last night. Not going to help with getting into tip top shape.

He’s certainly not the most professional off the field
There were WhatsApp rumours after PSV that he'd been warned to curtail it, and Alfie had come in last Monday with a hangover.

Usual "forward too many times" thing around it, and hadn't seen anywhere else.

Did you see Jack in said dancin, or more rumours?

Used to be the heartbeat of the midfield and covered everywhere, now looks like he’s towing a caravan and that’s coming from a jack fan.

I will also say he’s not the only one who looks unfit, we look knackered around 65 mins, noticed it really badly against psv but also today before Alfie was sent off we had 4/5 players looking very leggy

There were WhatsApp rumours after PSV that he'd been warned to curtail it, and Alfie had come in last Monday with a hangover.

Usual "forward too many times" thing around it, and hadn't seen anywhere else.

Did you see Jack in said dancin, or more rumours?
A family member runs in the same circle of friends as his mrs and they were all out together last night.

She never said he was blazing drunk or anything but if I was struggling for form and fitness and a few days before a huge game I wouldn’t be out partying.

He’s had previous too with the obvious recent videos that were posted.

It’s frustrating when you see how professional someone like Tavernier is. There is no wonder he is so fit and rarely injured.

Jack is a player I've had a lot of time for and sometimes he pitches in with some right important moments. Sadly, I'd prefer he moved on now. I don't see what he offers us but he suits Gio's over the top defensive setup.

A family member runs in the same circle of friends as his mrs and they were all out together last night.

She never said he was blazing drunk or anything but if I was struggling for form and fitness and a few days before a huge game I wouldn’t be out partying.

He’s had previous too with the obvious recent videos that were posted.

It’s frustrating when you see how professional someone like Tavernier is. There is no wonder he is so fit and rarely injured.

Its a hard one, to one extent you can see they're only human and also need time to unwind, relax and enjoy themselves.
On another you think "time and a place" for it, and after the weekend that was - probably not the best decision.

Its a hard one, to one extent you can see they're only human and also need time to unwind, relax and enjoy themselves.
On another you think "time and a place" for it, and after the weekend that was - probably not the best decision.

I'm surprised Jack had enough energy left to go dancing, he looked absolutely fuk'd after 90 mins at Easter Rd :)
I thought he should've been hooked when we went down to 9, but what do I know!

I’ve been a fan of Ryan Jack but sadly I think injuries have caught up with him. We can’t rely on him to play 30 or more games in SPFL and on that basis I think we need to thank Jack for his contribution and move on both for Ryan and the club. I know that sounds brutal particularly for a player who really understands the Glasgow Rangers institution but we have to recognise when it’s time to make the change for the benefit for the club and the player too.

When he came back last season he slotted straight back in and it looked like a new player we had signed as he gave us that assurance about our play - the whole team seemed to be lifted by his presence.

This season - he doesn't look anywhere near sharp and looks to have bulked up which is not something he needed to do. Hopefully just take him a couple more games to get fully up to speed because we need him to step up.

He played 22 games for us last season despite missing most of the first half of the season.

He has averaged over 30 games a season with us since he joined, which isn’t bad.

He has played over 400 games in his career, nearly half of which have been with us. Again, not bad going.

Granted he has not started the season particularly well in terms of form, but that applies to a lot of the squad. Longer term we may need to think of a replacement, perhaps Charlie McCann will start to come through this season and add proper competition for the role along with Davis and even Sands, but I would still back Jack to return to form and contribute to the team this season.
30 games (not all starts) when we play between 50-60 games is far from ideal.

There’s another “injury prone” player in our squad who played 36 games and he gets a lot more criticism than Jack, mainly because he isn’t Scottish nor a “Rangers man”.

Baffling.

At his very best Ryan Jack was extremely Average and only a squad player

He now looks so far off it and towing a caravan.

Hibs had players running off him on Saturday in the first half and he was blowing out his arse trying to get to them.

One of my favourite players but he's looked off it so far hopefully he can get up to speed

I love Jack. However, I am not sure I see where he fits in to our 11 in 99% of our domestic games. When we play Lundo, it should be him and 2 far more attack minded mids for all games outwith the old firms.

I'd honestly rather see McCann getting his chance now in the middle as he looks yards off the pace.

Do you think McCann is of the level to now start important first team games mate?

He's certainly still well behind Davis in the N. Ireland pecking order and I would've thought Lundstram, Kamara and Davis would all still be ahead of him, even if Jack still isn't close to full match fitness.

I wouldn't write Jack off yet.

He'd a stop start pre season training block and could still prove to be an important player, once fully match fit.
Unfortunately, he'll still need to be managed carefully and not overplayed, due to his long-term fitness issues.

Do you think McCann is of the level to now start important first team games mate?

He's certainly still well behind Davis in the N. Ireland pecking order and I would've thought Lundstram, Kamara and Davis would all still be ahead of him, even if Jack still isn't close to full match fitness.

I wouldn't write Jack off yet.

He'd a stop start pre season training block and could still prove to be an important player, once fully match fit.
Unfortunately, he'll still need to be managed carefully and not overplayed, due to his long-term fitness issues.
I know watching Jack he's not at the level to play for us, as he looks miles off it.
Davis will always be picked for Northern Ireland as he's a great player and still offers more than most of our midfield, so I would not hold that against McCann.
I actually think we are needing to get a more attacking threat in there I only mentioned McCann as he's quite forward thinking and can pick a pass, we are full of holding midfielders with not much creativity.

I know watching Jack he's not at the level to play for us, as he looks miles off it.
Davis will always be picked for Northern Ireland as he's a great player and still offers more than most of our midfield, so I would not hold that against McCann.
I actually think we are needing to get a more attacking threat in there I only mentioned McCann as he's quite forward thinking and can pick a pass, we are full of holding midfielders with not much creativity.

I like McCann too, but in the position he plays, you could argue that Lundstram, Kamara, Sands (when our CDs are fit), Davis and Jack are all competing in there for 1 or 2 positions, depending on how Gio decides to play.

Lundstram is probably 1st choice and it's a very competitive area of the park to get a start in.

McCann isn't a Tillman, Lawrence, or Arfield style of player, looking to make runs into the box and get on the end of things, so he's not going to play in that area.

Whenever he gets a chance, he'll need to grab it and make a big impression.

Hopefully he may get some minutes against QOS.

Have you not watched Rangers much? What a steaming pile of shite the start of that post is :))

Pretty much go to every game since the late 90s, so yeah seen us plenty.

Ryan Jack has always been average, a very capable squad player but never someone who would be first on the teamsheet.

Your first paragraph is an embarrassment and highlights your lack of basic football knowledge.

Of course , I will bow to your professional footballer knowledge and we won't pretend Ryan Jack has ever been anything bar an average footballer.

His trophy haul, his goals, his assists, his domination of the area he patrols proves he is indeed, World Class.

Back