Ryan Kent - time for bench

He should have been dropped after Killie .

It astounds me that Gerrard essentially slaughters the players then sends the exact same team bar one change out to serve up another poor performance.

Kent is being hung out to dry by the management team and clearly being told to cut inside and come across the park. This is about as far away from his game as you could get. He wants to isolate individuals and beat them rather than being brought into congested physical areas.

If the management team decided that they wanted to play with 2 number tens then why on earth did we spend £7m on a winger that we want to convert rather than just spending the money on an actual number 10.

It also begs the question why we bought jones, hastie, Kent and ojo for seemingly positions that we weren’t going to play.

The management team either need to find a system that fits the players or start thinking through signings so that they are able to play the way they want them to.

We are trying to implement the ‘Liverpool style’ but ignoring the quality levels we just don’t have the personnel to do it. The interchanging front 3 of Liverpool does not include any wingers.

Just not happening for Kent last few weeks unfortunately and the fact that we could really have done with some big performances from him to lift the lethargy of the rest of the team is frustrating. Reckon a spell on the bench is the right thing to do here, might find his form again coming on as an impact sub against tired defences.

But have to say, some of the more extreme comments on here are ludicrous and out of order. Forget about the price tag...people acting like 7 mil should guarantee a world class player producing 10/10 performances every game are deluded. Yes, big money for us but in global football terms, its chicken feed. Of course the boy is going to blow hot and cold at times but let's no make out he hasn't ever produced the goods for us cos that's clearly nonsense. Also guarantee that majority of folk bleating on about how we overpaid were not saying that when we clinched him on deadline day, majority view on here as I recall was that he was pricey but would prove worth it.

Kent never hides and I like that in a player. I'm not convinced our current set up is designed to get the best of him and that needs to be addressed but I still have faith that he'll come good.

trying to continue where he left off from last year. The whole transfer saga wouldn't have helped. The deal should have been done asap when the season finished

The major fustration i have with Kent is he tries the same thing all the time -its step over cut inside onto his right foot. Defenders know exactly what he is going to do

Low on confidence and playing far too inside. He rarely has 1v1 opportunities anymore because he's playing so much further on the inside. Wouldn't be shocked to see him back to his best on Thursday as he will likely be allowed to play more as a normal winger than he is domestically.

In past seasons we were far too predictable because we had two players playing like wingers and absolutely zero threat down the middle apart from Morelos. Now with some of the players we didn't have last season in games against the vast majority of teams we will play we should be playing a 4-2-3-1 with Kent playing as a normal winger, Hagi as a 10 and Aribo as the other "10". Kent had 5 goals in 7 matches before the break though so it's not like he's been pish all season, just hasn't been up to it since coming back from the break, something you could say for players like Alfie, Davis and Katic as well

Hate to say it, but I said at the time £7 million was far too much for him and got hounded on here about it.

Looks like he’s a 1 season wonder.

He’s had a run of bad games. Fucks sake it’s a bit early for sweeping statements like that.

Wingers are inconsistent and he’s still young, let’s give him a chance to get his form back.

Back