Ryan Kent

We need a go to option for Kent someone with similar ability and who can play either side of the main striker.

We have no one else like Kent who brings that drive and work rate ok he hasn't been at his best recently but it's an area we really need to sign someone to take some burden off him.

And Barker, Jones, Stewart etc simply not good enough as cover.

Last edited:
If Kent, Aribo, and Hagi could find a bit more consistency we’d be some team.

They all disappointed yesterday, if one of them was on their game I think we’d have won with ease.

Hopefully a minor blip that refocuses them all on the importance of putting the next run together.

Gerrard’s blind spot.

He took him off earlier in the season Kent took a hissy fit.

Has turned up a few times the last dozen games.

How he lasted to 88 minutes was an absolute joke.
We don't have the same quality as RK on the bench and if Barker was any better he'd be starting games, clearly he's not,but there were a few below par performances yesterday.

Love the wee man,my only criticism is when he has the ball outside the box I just wish he would have the confidence and go straight into the box every time he would cause havoc

You accept that we haven’t won trophies, are you still blaming the management though?
With the selection of Kent high in the list of errors?
On the Joe Worrall one, I’m sure read he’s in line for an eight figure transfer.
Joe Worrall is absolute horseshit and him going for 8 figures doesnt change that.

Plenty of players down there who are utter muck have gone for astronomical fees. It means absolutely nothing.

Worrall is shite.

He’s had 1 good game in the last 2 months.

I don’t care if he’s always “showing for the ball”. He’s showing for it in all the wrong places and taking no responsibility to make things happen.

All he does is pass the ball inside to Kamara or outside to Barisic.

He deserves a spell on the bench.
As above not good enough,he has the pace and skill to run at defenders and take them on,wont go past them every time but he rarley gives it ago, instead turns inside pass or stops and pass outside to borna this isnt what he was brought in for,he needs encouraged to go at defenders get charging into the box create something now and again.
Not a kent bashing post hes one my fav players but just not showing the skill he has not good enough.

F*ck stats. The eyes don't lie. Kent needs to do more just now. He knows, Gerrard knows it, we all know it.
You can tell he knows he's playing poor right now. Every time he does something wrong it's written all over his face & he's feeling a bit sorry for himself. He'll come good, but he needs to do it soon.
He needs to shoot more and take the gamble, constantly cutting back looking for Borna won’t help his confidence

I agree that he’s been inconsistent again this season and for the money paid there’s a good argument to say he should be our match winner far more often than he has been.

I think those are reasonable criticisms to make, but we saw last week that when he’s up for it he’s the most dangerous player we have.

Case in point: second half against Aberdeen, he picks the ball up on the right, cuts inside past two defenders with blistering pace then cracks one towards the top left corner that only a superb save stopped from being one of the goals of the season.

We have no one else that can do that. He may not produce it as often as we’d like and that is frustrating, but I think it illustrates why he’s more or less a first pick.

I wouldn't drop him just yet, he was excellent against Aberdeen.

See how he gets on against Ross County first.

Joe Worrall is absolute horseshit and him going for 8 figures doesnt change that.

Plenty of players down there who are utter muck have gone for astronomical fees. It means absolutely nothing.

Worrall is shite.
I’ll side, as nearly always, with the professionals on this one.

This still doesn’t make any more sense than it did last night mate haha
Makes complete sense, If barker has one pish game everyone screaming for his head to be sold and he’s not good enough. Kent has 1 brilliant game and then 5 average games people say he’s just out of form.

I rate RK highly - but have to say he looks a shadow of himself recently

It looked as if he might have turned a corner with his performance against
dolly barely a week ago - but yesterday he was pretty poor in all honesty

The trouble is - I don't rate Barker - & can understand SG sticking with Kent - up till now

However it's time to bench him imo - before he becomes even more of a liability - & hopefully Barker can't be any worse meantime

It's just not working for him right now - time to change it imo

We don’t have enough pace to drop Kent, and there’s nobody else that fits the system we play.

You could always go two up front with Hagi behind, but it would be a shame to see Itten wasted in Kent’s position or out wide on the opposite side.
Kent’s pace is a bit of a myth imo..... watch the last OF game at Ibrox, pretty sure I saw Ajer outstrip him for pace down the left wing?
Kent should be our creative spark that wins games on his own for the fee we paid. This season he has under achieved imo

Makes complete sense, If barker has one pish game everyone screaming for his head to be sold and he’s not good enough. Kent has 1 brilliant game and then 5 average games people say he’s just out of form.
It’s impossible to even compare barker to Kent. Barker doesn’t have the mentality to play for rangers, he’s desperate to get off the pitch at the first sign of an injury ( Falkirk away the perfect example) and he hides when on the pitch. That’s why he gets such a hard time.

even when Kent isn’t having a great game I always feel he is dangerous and can create. He gets himself into the box and into positions where he can score from, his movement for the 2nd goal at Aberdeen last week is brilliant. Kent never hides when he’s having a bad game and is also looking to still create.

He looks devoid of confidence at the moment, at times even the basics he's struggling with. If we were able to bring in someone to challenge him and always to give him a rest i think it would be for the best of the club and Kent.

He has all the ability in the world but at the moment his form has taken a massive dip. Aberdeen he was good but that was the first game in a for a while. I like that Gerrard tries to let our best players play through their struggles and shows them he has confidence in them but with Kent i'm not sure if he is blinkered or not or if its just the case he thinks we don't have a player who can come in an replace him

He was dreadful however, Hagi and Aribo are also on the park to create and created zilch.
Agreed. All three underperformed yesterday. Aribo to me hasn’t had a truly good game since he came back from injury. Hagi works best as an impact sub, to date anyway. Kent always puts in a good shift, but he needs to be more direct more often and shoot more often. He also should never be dropping back to pick up balls off centre halves at the edge of our penalty area. He has done this a fair few times in recent weeks. He should be making runs and space for a pass in forward areas if he doesn’t have the ball and we are in possession.

His “numbers” are pretty poor for our most expensive and supposedly most creative player.

You have quoted 3 “assists” and no goals in a ten game period since Liège at home, where we have scored 22 goals.

People are going on about his “assists” let’s be honest even the 2 he is credited with last week, he never actually beat a man or created anything he gets an assist by courtesy of the last person to touch the ball before the goal scorer.

The first Tav done all the work on the wing beating and committing men before playing in an unmarked Kent who played a simple pass to Morelos who with his back to goal swivelled creating and scoring a goal from nothing.

The second Aribo done all the work beating and committing men before squaring it, Kent cushioned it however it was going to Morelos had he touched it or not.

I think you've also made the mistake of missing the "to get you started" bit. I'm not going to provide all the assists and goals he's scored for folk, that's what the internet is for. All I will say is that this narrative of "he hasn't scored big goals or assists" is clearly, absolute nonsense as my post would prove, not too mention all the other goals and assists in his time with us.

By the way, do I think Kent should be doing better this season? Yes, absolutely his form has been way too inconsistent after what was an explosive start to the season (which I think many forget).

Do I appreciate what he gives us, even when not playing at his best? Yes, as does the manager clearly.

Well the management team picked Joe Worrall for a full season.

Im not against Ryan Kent. I think he has talent, I just don’t think he’s performing to his talent level.

The idea the management team are always right so that’s why Ryan Kent starts is bizarre. It’s taken then 3 years to win any trophies (which I can accept). So let’s not pretend they are prefect.
Eh ? What trophies have they won .....

Back