Ryan Kent

Thought he'd turned the corner, huffed and puffed even with the space Motherwell gave us early doors

He’s had 1 good game in the last 2 months.

I don’t care if he’s always “showing for the ball”. He’s showing for it in all the wrong places and taking no responsibility to make things happen.

All he does is pass the ball inside to Kamara or outside to Barisic.

He deserves a spell on the bench.

Quite a few were poor but you do look to kent to give you something special but its been lacking from him for too long now.

I was waiting on this thread and I agree, I got hounded earlier this season for saying we've not got 7m worth from him yet. And that still stands. Problem is we've brought in Jones, Hastie and Barker who aren't even competition for him. This is where my worry of bringing Wright is, do I f*ck want another bench warmer.

I don't think the pitch helped him.

I also think sometimes he tries to do something exceptional rather than simple. e.g. you don't have to always beat a man 3 times, makena yard and get the cross or shot away

Not once, not twice but 3 times he just ran the ball straight out of play today.

He needs dropped. He gets the ball 40 yards from goal, throws in a few drop of the shoulder moves without going anywhere and then passes it back to Barisic.

This is his third season here and we've yet to see him be consistent most weeks. We need more.

Ryan Kent running the ball out of play drives me insane. Even at one point, he got into a 2v1 situation with Aribo overlapping and rather than wait for the overlap Kent put his heed down and bolted out of play.

Absolutely dreadful today and not for the first time this season.Gets the ball,beats a man or 2 then runs it out of play.Shambolic.

Kent’s form goes south every season when pitches become bobbly messes. Is this a coincidence?

playing against packed defences isnt his game , he comes into his own when we hit on the break as we often do in europe .these kind of games id play defoe or itten before him

He wasn't at his best but at least he kept showing for it, kept trying.

It would have been very easy for him to hide but he didn't.

I know it’s been done to death but when you are needing a bit of something to pull you out in a hard game like today he’s no where

He didn't have his best game,but he never hides or stops trying.

The state of the pitch meant it was impossible to run at pace with the ball.

He pulled us out of a hard game last week with 2 assists.

Back