Ryan Kent

Poor performance today, no doubt about it but with Roofe out injured and Aribo not exactly on fire just now who plays ahead of him? Barker?

We do need more from Kent, start of the season he was on fire and last week he contributes to a win. We need that more often in the final stages of the season if we want to end this early.

He was brilliant last Sunday

Yeah, and the whole board was going tonto. But football is not about weekly brilliance, but consistent performances. Today he was full of running, enthusiasm and - again - no end product. THAT is the point when SG needs to jump over his shadow and hook him for someone else. Couldn`t understand - injury permitting - why Hagi was replaced by Itten, when Kent was the most likely candidate, just ahead of Aribo.

IMHO, we should look at Roofe in Kent`s slot on the atttacking left, with Hagi/Aribo through the middle and Morelos and Itten in the central attack and right attack role. They can all cope with those slots and are sure far more dangerous.

Today, playing Barker ahead of Kent (yeah hindsight is wonderful), couldn`t have been any "worse".

No character assassination, just a reminder that weekly performances are only good if they are followed by more of the same.

How many times has he been brilliant in the lasy 10 games.

More than you......he's part of a squad that is crushing the league.....there's never been a flair Rangers player who wasn't in or out...especially a young one.

Not once, not twice but 3 times he just ran the ball straight out of play today.

He needs dropped. He gets the ball 40 yards from goal, throws in a few drop of the shoulder moves without going anywhere and then passes it back to Barisic.

This is his third season here and we've yet to see him be consistent most weeks. We need more.
Everyone saying “he needs a rest”.

This is the Ryan Kent we have watched for 3 years, on his day a spectacular footballer. However in most games he works his balls off but has a lot of glaring weaknesses in his game.

Was like playing with a man down today

Absolutely pathetic performance

Lost count the number of times he dribbled it out the park

Spell on the bench required

Ran at players and committed defenders, final ball and decision making was poor today. There are folk praising Davis in the match thread for being class but I felt other than 2 balls to Tav he was at fault for our slow pace of play with his nigh on constant side and back passing today. Players like Kent need the ball faster before teams get settled into a shape and today we failed to do that from the middle.

Yeah, and the whole board was going tonto. But football is not about weekly brilliance, but consistent performances. Today he was full of running, enthusiasm and - again - no end product. THAT is the point when SG needs to jump over his shadow and hook him for someone else. Couldn`t understand - injury permitting - why Hagi was replaced by Itten, when Kent was the most likely candidate, just ahead of Aribo.

IMHO, we should look at Roofe in Kent`s slot on the atttacking left, with Hagi/Aribo through the middle and Morelos or Itten in the central attack and right attack role.

Today, playing Barker ahead of Kent (yeah hindsight is wonderful), couldn`t have been any "worse".

No character assassination, just a reminder that weekly performances are only good if they are followed by more of the same.

Hagi had been booked-right decision and was pretty indifferent himself.

Kent never hides but like all wingers he will have plenty of off days, problem we have is the only other option is Brandon Barker

Gerrard’s blind spot.

He took him off earlier in the season Kent took a hissy fit.

Has turned up a few times the last dozen games.

How he lasted to 88 minutes was an absolute joke.

He was brilliant last Sunday
Thats the only time i remember him
Playing well this season. He needs taken out the team. This isnt a crisis cry as i still think the league is done. They wont win their 3 games in hand. Kent needs taken out the team anyone who doesn't agree needs their head checked

Gerrard’s blind spot.

He took him off earlier in the season Kent took a hissy fit.

Has turned up a few times the last dozen games.

How he lasted to 88 minutes was an absolute joke.

That'll be what it is SG is scared of him......read it all now.

Last week he was great and that's why he's in the team. However, a problem is what he does when he isn't playing well.

When things aren't going his way, he generally decides to overcomplicate everything. A few times today he was in good positions and rather than put in a cross or have a shot. He dribbled the ball out the pitch.

He shouldn't be doing stuff like that with the ability he has. There's some days we need a 7 out of 10 from Kent. Not a 9 out of 10 one week then a 4 the next.

Started the season on fire but after a couple of months he has been poor tbh his touch his passing and shooting have all been off I love his effort and work rate he never hides and has all the talent in the world he just needs to believe in himself the way the Manager does and maybe bringing in decent level of competition for his position would help I certainly still think we need a better option in the wide areas going forward when you look at the bench thats been lacking Barker and Jones are clearly not the answer.

More than you......he's part of a squad that is crushing the league.....there's never been a flair Rangers player who wasn't in or out...especially a young one.
He's rightly getting criticised for his performance. You appear to suggest that a good game last week excuses everything else.

I don't mind him being in and out if he was in a bit more. He's a £7m player and he still owes us about £6m.

And what's 'More than you..' got to do with anything. :D

Was very much in ‘every touch is an adventure’ mode today.

Pretty poor but he was far from the only one in that side.
I am not disagreeing with anything you, or anyone else is saying but for me every one of our most skilled players had a poor touch today. When that happens, I think it might be the pitch.

Kamara, Kent, Aribo, Hagi, Tav and Borna all seemed to have issues with keeping the ball under control. Davis had a few passes that were very unlike him. I might be wrong, it could have been pressure or bad attitude but we controlled the game and gave them pretty much nothing other than the goal so imo it's not attitude.

Anyway, we never lost any of our lead so poor as today was it is still a great position to be in.

I think he’s been poor for weeks. To his credit he never stops looking for the ball or working, but with the ball his touch and decision making has been under par.

He needs benched and he needs genuine competition for his place in the team. Clearly the management team know that and presumably it’s why Scott Wright is likely incoming.

He’s very inconsistent and really struggles against teams that sit in.

When against teams camped in their box we constantly feed the ball to our fullbacks who then cross balls in. Kent has no aerial threat, so games like today pass him by as all he does is run with ball to edge of box and lays it off to barisic.

If he wants to go up a level he needs to find his early season form a lot more frequently.

He's rightly getting criticised for his performance. You appear to suggest that a good game last week excuses everything else.

I don't mind him being in and out if he was in a bit more. He's a £7m player and he still owes us about £6m.

And what's 'More than you..' got to do with anything. :D
Tbh only Davis gets a pass today

For the life of me I don't know why he lasted 87 minutes today. Needs a spell on the sidelines.

Not going to be popular on here but we got bumped paying £7m for him. Runs up a blind alley far too often. He's a decent player but I'm not seeing it nearly enough to merritt such a large outlay.

If someone came in and offered you back what you had paid off him....

Would you consider selling and looking for a.n other?

Seems you can't count beyond 2-shame....

2 more than anyone on the park then,

The most expensive player on the park and he couldn’t even do the basics like keep the ball in play under no pressure.

He was absolutely honking. A complete waste of a jersey out there. He can’t be a 7/10 every week but he is not above criticism.

An off day definetly, motherwell usual 10 men behind the ball he struggles but watch him play top of his game next weekend.

The problem with Kent is we have no one to challenge him for his position.

he should be doing a helluva lot better than what he is.

how can a professional footballer walk the ball out of ply and fall over his own feet

2 more than anyone on the park then,

The most expensive player on the park and he couldn’t even do the basics like keep the ball in play under no pressure.

He was absolutely honking. A complete waste of a jersey out there. He can’t be a 7/10 every week but he is not above criticism.
Tav and BB ran it out too.....still hey ho.

He does the hard parts of football well but makes the simple parts look mighty difficult. If he could do the simple parts well......well, he wouldn't be playing in Scotland.

He was poor today and the pitch helped no one to be fair. A couple of times he just ran the ball out of play. Exactly why we need young Wright to give him a bit of competition. Barker just not good enough for me. It was a tough game. Alexander has then playing much better. They were happy to defend crosses but one was bound to get through. Thought Defoe was a bit unlucky at the end. Keeper didn't know much about that.

Canny believe this threads been made ahead of an aribo one, he was our worst player today by a country mile

Back