Ryan Kent

We seem to be recycling the “he needs a rest” excuse over and over.

hea a good player, very inconsistent. He’s not brilliant and at times he can be honking.

3 years into his Rangers career. People still talk as though he’s just in the door and we need to wait and see what type of player he is. But we’ve had more than enough time by this point.

He is a good player, but hasn’t hit the standards we know ( is capable of, he can be very frustrating to watch , very much so in the past few weeks. I could say exaclrty the same for aribo and hagi. Kent doesn’t have anyone pushing him for his position as barker is pish and Jones shot himself in the foot big time.

You said we were lucky to win a game against a 10 man Aberdeen side who we were in control of for about 89 minutes of the match.

Do you know what you're watching?

As far as I was concerned I thought I was watching us struggle to keep ahead of a 10 man Aberdeen side.
However, as I seem to know feck all, I will concede to your position of us being absolutely brilliant in that game with Kent dragging us to victory with his brilliance, is that better for you?

He's a fantastic player, but inconsistent. Could say that about 80% of our team if we're realistic. Davis macgregor tav goldson maybe an
That's why they are plying their trade in the spfl. Not complete players

Poor today but never hides and always tries to make something happen. Always worth having him on the pitch imo.

The conundrum with Kent is no-one else can do what he does when in form so is vital to start but his form his dropped big time

There's a player there for sure, consistency an issue though and I would like to see more 'game changing' moments from a 7 million player - by that I mean important goals when we need them, similar to say a barasic or tav free kick to open scoring in horrible tight games and the like, doesn't seem to happen enough from Kent. Think I've also said before the lad never looks very happy with his lot. Maybe just his demeanor with Covid situation, awful serious looking, like to see a boy enjoy his football - he's well paid, playing for Gers and mostly up against English Div 1 and 2 rejects, should be having a ball!

Quite alarming for me how little he's offering us of late.

I honestly can't tell if it's a confidence thing with Kent or a motivational issue but either way he's a player we need to be a lot more productive than what we're getting.

I agree with others comments, this is a player who needs competition. Sorry Ryan but that today just ain't good enough.

Was poor in first half as was Aribo.
Thought both would gave been substituted earlier.
Badly missing Arfield and Jack

Easter road pitch looks awful. A wee bit of a concern for our game there

I watched their game against Killie on Sportscene last night.

Worst pitch I've seen this season.

At least it's got a break for 10 days, so hopefully it might look a little better.

I'd sell him tomorrow if we could get what we paid for him. He's a 1 in 10 player and rotten for the other 9.
He shirks responsibility on so many occasions. The run, step over and then a nothing ball rolled to the full back or inside. There's more than one way to hide on a football pitch.
Give me a player with less ability but who can come to the table 6/7 games out of 10 any day of the week.

His first touch today was particularly poor. He spent a lot of time trying to recover the ball, or force something that wasn't really on, due to a poor first touch. I'd bench him for a few weeks. He doesn't seem the 'needs a rocket up his arse' type, more of an arm around the shoulders, but benching him might take a bit of pressure off.

Hugely inconsistent but that's pretty much par for the course for wingers/wide players. Could do with an improved alternative for when he's not firing on all cylinders.

He’s one lucky fella that we have no other viable options because he’s been really poor for a few months now

If the manager thought that was true he wouldn't be in the team and you need to look at the results the last few months and wonder just how much the manager has got wrong-no?
I don't think the manager has had anyone able to stand in to replace him. I can't see what he's contributing the now.

He is a good player, but hasn’t hit the standards we know ( is capable of, he can be very frustrating to watch , very much so in the past few weeks. I could say exaclrty the same for aribo and hagi. Kent doesn’t have anyone pushing him for his position as barker is pish and Jones shot himself in the foot big time.
Pretty good assessment

I watched their game against Killie on Sportscene last night.

Worst pitch I've seen this season.

At least it's got a break for 10 days, so hopefully it might look a little better.

The mark of a good player is the ability to perform on anything. you can blame a pitch for a ball bobbling, today his lack of ball control and at least the twice he ran the ball straight out of play despite having plenty of space and time to get a ball in the box was nothing to do with the pitch. It was his decision making and the fact he just wasn’t at it.

it happens, everyone can go through bad spells, let’s not use pitches as excuses.

Kent was poor today, but ball carriers like him are going to struggle on bad surfaces. Confident we’ll see more from him as the season comes to a conclusion. I do think we could do with an alternative but vaguely similar option in the squad - whether that is Scott Wright I don’t know.

Back