Sakala heavily involved in the sportscene highlights

Boabmeister

Can’t say it really felt like that at the match , particularly unlucky with the header where he ended up nearly halved with the advertising boards .

Great occasion today , take a bow union bears , Lovely 3 points !

If he wasn't so rash with the ball he might have atleast an assist. Let's himself down with passing aswell.

He's a fine 4th choice WM/3rd choice ST.

It was just another poor effort miles off target again. He had about 5 or 6 shots and headers at goal and not 1 was on target. He has great enthusiasm and a smile but very poor finishing skill or passing skill very little end product . Definately not suited to playing 90 mins because he is so wasteful with zero composure.

It was just another poor effort miles off target again. He had about 5 or 6 shots and headers at goal and not 1 was on target. He has great enthusiasm and a smile but very poor finishing skill or passing skill very little end product . Definately not suited to playing 90 mins because he is so wasteful with zero composure.
The fact that things happen around him makes him very useful , especially right now for Rangers.

He's the kind of player who will learn quickly in training and we'll see how well he progresses over the next year or so. If he adds composure and finishing he'll be a goal-per-game attacker for us in time so is worth persevering with. He's not a starter right now though and should be an option from the bench for the foreseeable.

Lacks composure and should have had a couple of goals. The pleasing thing I guess is his effort and getting into those positions.

Can’t help but think he is an impact sub.

Seen him slaughtered today yet he was more involved in our attacks than Kent or Morelos.
Always involved one way or another.

He should really be starting games regularly for us, I think he could be a regular goal scorer and take a lot of pressure of Morelos and ultimately the rest of the forward line.

He may lack a bit of composure but is always looking and willing to get involved to try go forward when a lot of his teammates are happy to play sideways and backwards.
I like him, hopefully he can develop and push on a bit.

I heard Rory Loy on Sportsound saying plenty positive for Aberdeen to take from the match, as dire as we performed I'd love to know what all those positives are.
I think they were an abomination on the eyes but id imagine they were closer to their game plan than we were to ours for the majority of the match. Thats how goodwin will set them up vs us and that other lot. He is probably content although how their fans could be is beyond me.

His end product yesterday was astonishingly poor.

Have to say the same for Ryan Kent's too unfortunately.

There's a huge lack of goals in our team at the moment.

I’d like to see him try and pass the ball into the net. More often than not it’s a wild thrash or a sclaff he takes.

Mind you - he’s not alone.

As wayward as his shots were yesterday, I’d go Sakala Morelos and Roofe for a bit. Ryan Kent’s shooting and numbers are depressingly poor.

He's the kind of player who will learn quickly in training and we'll see how well he progresses over the next year or so. If he adds composure and finishing he'll be a goal-per-game attacker for us in time so is worth persevering with. He's not a starter right now though and should be an option from the bench for the foreseeable.

A goal per game attacker for us? Don't be ridiculous. Even Alfredo isn't a goal per game attacker for us, and he is several levels above what Sakala ever will be!

By showing him “heavily involved” all it did was highlight his woeful efforts on goal.

Honestly, if Wright or Itten had performed like that they would have been slaughtered on here & rightly so.

Likeable & humble, but for the life of me am not seeing a player in there - he’s very ordinary IMO. All about opinions I suppose.

I didn't think he was very good yesterday but he was always trying to make something happen and on another day, something falls for him. A lot of work to be done on him, A LOT OF WORK! But he could be a useful option. One of the low end punts that we have made that might come off one day.

This.

Scores the occasional cracker, but otherwise rarely forces the keeper into making a save - most of his efforts are either well over or wide. Alas, same with Kent, Aribo.

The shot over the bar in the second half was pretty bad. He could have tried to place it rather than leathering it and missing my miles. It was exactly at that moment Gio started getting the sub in place

Their time wasting tactics were brilliant, kicking the ball away at our free kicks, Joe Lewis unable to decide where to take a goal kick
They play the same game every time they come here.Up until wd score then it’s rocket up the arse time.They got what they deserved 0.
Horrible club with a horrible support who wish they could be us really.

He is like Bambi on speed and ice skating at the same time.

Must have killed 3 pigeons with his shooting and whilst fast is not a 90 mins player.

Yes he baffled to Aberdeen players, but he baffled our players and the whole crowd too.

A goal per game attacker for us? Don't be ridiculous. Even Alfredo isn't a goal per game attacker for us, and he is several levels above what Sakala ever will be!

Kris Boyd, Gary Hooper, Leigh Griffiths, maybe even Scott McDonald were all at one point goal-per-game or close to in Scotland, and Morelos is significantly better than all of them.

I'm talking about getting into positions and being able to finish off chances. Sakala tends to get into the positions where he has at least one or two very good chances per game. Morelos is always occupying at least two centre backs by himself so isn't going to get as many.

He’s at least getting himself in areas

I remember I said he lacked a little composure then he went and scored a hattrick made me look a right tool haha.

Still think that’s true in parts though. I like him though.

I think this is how GVB views him too

Needs to calm down in front of goal...those wild shots being blazed over the bar are becoming really annoying now.

If Sakala wasn’t fast he wouldn’t be considered good enough for Rangers. His pace is his main asset but he has zero composure.

The guy never stop trying, bit rash at times, but that can work in his favour as well. As defenses never know we're he'll turn up.

Sometimes I think he tries too hard needs to relax a bit more and the goals will come.I like him and as he matures I think with the coaching of Mackay we’ll have a real player on our hands.

Yeah. He has some great attributes though so there is room for improvement. He has some leap on him!

It’s that reason that makes me think he should be a No9, I appreciate he is very raw and he needs far more composure.

He put one over the bar in the 2nd and Gio went nuts, he was subbed mins later!!

He needs a full season though

His effort gets him into places other strikers would never be. He had no right to win at least two of the headers he had today. I think he will calm down but given he is in and out the team it doesn’t help.

Should’ve had an assist with his ball to the penalty spot in the 1st half. Criminal that no midfielder is onto that. Aside from that, not his best day but Kent was worse.

Sometimes I think he tries too hard needs to relax a bit more and the goals will come.I like him and as he matures I think with the coaching of Mackay we’ll have a real player on our hands.
The one in the first half, a volley which came over the head of the Aberdeen defender, there was absolutely no need to take that first time.
It was easy, given that the sheep player has taken himself out of the game, to bring the ball under control, probably back to his left foot, before shooting.
What was he thinking?
A spectacular volley will look good?

I remember Novo being really rash early on as well. His finishing definitely improved.

Hopefully we can see the same from Sakala.

He’s not a definite starter, but he’s better than Wright.

Back