Sakala heavily involved in the sportscene highlights

When he arrived we were told he was raw and needed coaching to make him a better player and it could take a season for him to become a real player not just a flying machine, so give him time there's a player in there .

To be honest Sakala for me already has established himself as a reliable and useful squad player, he'll probably finish on 10-12 goals this season which is more than we've got out of any of our squad players since we returned to the premiership. If that's all he ever is, he'll still have been a good signing for us, I hope he does grow to be a nailed on starter but to be honest I'm not optimistic about it.

I find him a really frustrating player to watch, his decision making not even in terms of what pass to make or run to make but simple things like trying to murder the ball when a volley dropped to him in space at the edge of the box today instead of just getting over it and getting it on target annoy me. I think it's doubly frustrating because we can all see how good he would be if he put it all together and we do see it in flashes, but not regularly enough.

He's a good player who I'm happy to have in the squad, but the jury's very much out for me in regards to his chances of going and becoming a regular starter.

I heard Rory Loy on Sportsound saying plenty positive for Aberdeen to take from the match, as dire as we performed I'd love to know what all those positives are.
If I was watching Rangers vs the sheep for the first time ever , I’d be inclined to agree with Rory loy , they were organised , energetic & committed .

Unfortunately for them , it’s 4 times a season , fingers crossed 3 times this season!

Odd that an international footballer who's played in the top league in Belgium and currently for the Scottish champions, has such limited finesse and technical ability.

What the hell's in his head as he picks up the ball on the right hand side?

Can be rash but a constant threat with his pace

I felt when we took him off and replaced him with Arfield, it took the sting out any attacks we had on that side

Arfield is never, and should never be played wide right again. Horrible watching

I heard Rory Loy on Sportsound saying plenty positive for Aberdeen to take from the match, as dire as we performed I'd love to know what all those positives are.

They defended well at least. They could have played 24 hours and not scored though.

He done more than kent morelos aribo combined

He has great energy work rate pace

He is an easy target

He shows great commitment he gives everything he has every time

Others don’t

What I like about him is that he never stops looking for the ball and never hides, that is going to make him an easy target in games where things aren’t going our way, because he is one who keeps on trying things.

Was really poor yesterday but was more lively than the other forwards. I don't remember him missing any real clear cut chances.

It is always the “Hollywood” attempt with Sakala. Occasionally it will come off, like his goal last week, but nine times out of ten the ball finishes in the stand. He is no Nacho Novo.

I love the wee man's attitude.He scares the living daylights out of defenders who double up on him which should leave space for others.I think sometimes the occasion and the crowd gets to him and he can lose composure.He could do with some one like McCoist putting an arm round him to point him in the right direction.

I like Fashion but yesterday wasn't his day.

Positive thing about him is that even when he is not having a good game, he still gets heavily involved.

Really reminds me of Nacho that way.

He done more than kent morelos aribo combined

He has great energy work rate pace

He is an easy target

He shows great commitment he gives everything he has every time

Others don’t
Agree!
He has more goals than Kent with much less game time.
Give him time and he will be an asset for the team with his pace and commitment!
Noticed he attracts 2 defenders each time he is on the ball which indicates his danger in attack

Someones needing to tell him to pass the fecking ball and to work on not blootering the ball at a 100 mile an hour for a cross to nobody.

While I think Roofe should play in these type of games ahead of him he's normally a good player. He was very poor yesterday.

We struggle to score goals which is why Roofe needs to be fitted in.

He is better as a striker, he looked out of his depth as a winger v Aberdeen, sadly. However his striking was very good at the 6-1 Motherwill win so perhaps he will offer something positive in the future.

So work rate counts more than goal scoring ability? I like Fashion but he really needs to work on his composure in shooting situations.

Eh ?

If Morelos put in the work rate Sakala did he would probably be on twice as many goals as he is

No doubt Morelos will choose to turn up on Thursday night.

Back