Sakala through the middle on Thursday?

Echo_1

Looked lost out on the wing today but what a turn around in his performance when we moved him into the middle. He terrorised the scum defence and should've had a couple.

Leipzig aren't coming to Ibrox to sit in, the 1 goal lead isn't enough and they'll need to go toe to toe with us.

Rather than Aribo, or the outside chance of less than 100% Roofe, should we be going with Sakala?

Was probably his best spell for us in the middle today. Very unlucky not to have a double. Whether that means he deserves to start on Thursday is another matter. Id prefer Roofe, but if Sakala plays like that id be happy

I know he scored and all, but he was absolutely useless other than a 10 minute spell. He’s not an out and out striker.

If Roofe’s back, no matter how fit he is, he starts. This is an all or nothing game.

Sakala plays on the wing or not at all for me.

Scored 20 gols in Belgium as the central forward, hes not a winger or wide player in a modern 433 either.

Hes a 18 yard player who should not be given time to think.

High pressing leipzig, its sakala up top central. Cant play false 9 pish or Aribo or we are out.

Wanted him to make it but just don’t think I see it, although this central role may make him a useful squad player for us as the goal showed. Still unsure about him

Scored 20 gols in Belgium as the central forward, hes not a winger or wide player in a modern 433 either.

High pressing leipzig, its sakala up top central. Cant play false 9 pish or Aribo or we are out.
He actually played on the left of a front two, not a central striker.

No chance. He'll give the ball away constantly in a game we have to keep it more than ever.

He's the same player who started against Braga. Wild and erratic without ability to hold onto it.

Aribo if no Roofe.

Not seen anything of him in Belgium but he’s definitely not a centre forward that plays in the box!! Most his goals come from a run outside the box and just puts the laces through it. Kemar roofe is a 18yard box striker

Rather that than fucking joe the jogger
Mate I know what you mean. Joe v the volcano. If we want to win the europa league players need to be fuckin on it. We couldn't beat a shitebag celtic today. Time for them to realise the importance of this game.

IMO one way or another Sakala has to start. Don't care if it's centrally or out wide. He's frustrating but he's a danger as we seen today. Just need to play to his strengths.

The other night Leipzig left it man for man at the back. Sakala's pace can exploit that.

I think his best position is as a left sided attacker. He's too inconsistent up front.

He's a player who can do everything - dribble, has pace, can finish, lots of energy - but for a 25 year old, he just looks so raw. I think he'll continue to improve year on year, but right now and next season I think he should mostly be used as a very good impact sub for us. We've needed somebody who can consistently come off the bench and score goals for us for years, next year hopefully we have Roofe and Sakala for that.

Think Roofe will be back for Thursday.
Hope so.
I’m with the op on this one though.
He was dire in the first half but much improved in the second period.
A lot better in the air than I thought he would be.
So much so that I thought his header which went high and wide was a very poor attempt.
He’d done the hard bit but, like Goldson in particular, can’t seem to header low.

I know he scored and all, but he was absolutely useless other than a 10 minute spell. He’s not an out and out striker.

If Roofe’s back, no matter how fit he is, he starts. This is an all or nothing game.

Sakala plays on the wing or not at all for me.
Ten minutes more than any other centre we’ve had this season other than Morelos and Roofe.

I hope not to be honest. Outside of a really good spell in the second half he was quite tough to watch again. He really should have bagged us a winner too.

He played really well yesterday, saved the game and nearly won it at the end. Very unlucky not to.

If Rangers want him to succeed it would seem illogical to drop or move him the minute he actually plays well in the role.

Roofe cannot possibly be fit to play Thursday given the repeat injuries and lack of game time and Rangers cannot possibly take any risks in a match of this importance.

Get them all full of that magic coffee we were using last year for one last push

He played really well yesterday, saved the game and nearly won it at the end. Very unlucky not to.

If Rangers want him to succeed it would seem illogical to drop or move him the minute he actually plays well in the role.

Roofe cannot possibly be fit to play Thursday given the repeat injuries and lack of game time and Rangers cannot possibly take any risks in a match of this importance.

You cannot say Sakala played really well yesterday.

He was chronic. Took his goal well but I’d have no confidence in him on Thursday.

Nah he’s not good enough at that level for me, Roofe will be back and I have a feeling Ramsey will be back. Even if they are 50% for they must play this is the biggest game for us in years
Think about what you're saying man. A 50% fit player going up against the most competitive team Rangers have played in years. Did you even see the first game? Their defence hardly gave us a sniff.

This is a game where it's going to take every ounce of what we have to overcome the Germans. We can only do that with players unhindered with physical restrictions.

We need to start exactly how we did against Braga. The same line up would be great.

Think about what you're saying man. A 50% fit player going up against the most competitive team Rangers have played in years. Did you even see the first game? Their defence hardly gave us a sniff.

This is a game where it's going to take every ounce of what we have to overcome the Germans. We can only do that with players unhindered with physical restrictions.

Roofe played (and looked razor sharp) only two weeks ago. You dont lose a lot of fitness in 2 weeks he will be fine.

I’ll be honest I thought he was having an absolute howler and everything decent they did was coming down that side. The goal, and what a goal, saved him. He then went on to have a good spell but we’ve seen it doesn’t work eg Braga away.

I thought he was getting hooked if it wasn’t for Aribo getting halved by CCV.

I’ll be honest I thought he was having an absolute howler and everything decent they did was coming down that side. The goal, and what a goal, saved him. He then went on to have a good spell but we’ve seen it doesn’t work eg Braga away.

I thought he was getting hooked if it wasn’t for Aribo getting halved by CCV.

Doesn't have any defensive awareness at all. The goal was 100% down to him not tracking McGregor, allowing Maeda to split Tav and Goldson.

It is being forgotten just how bad he actually was outwith a cracking goal. He was genuinely dreadful.

For all his faults he has pace and is a goal threat though.

I'd use him as an impact sub on Thursday but can also see the argument for starting him up top with Kent and Roofe.

I just think we need players who can keep the ball for us on Thursday. Sakala was awful in Braga and when he came on last week in Leipzig as well he looks out his depth at elite level.

No chance. He'll give the ball away constantly in a game we have to keep it more than ever.

He's the same player who started against Braga. Wild and erratic without ability to hold onto it.

Aribo if no Roofe.
I’m not sure on this one Aribo has been a non event recently even Wright is showing more in games, if Roofe is not ready then we may have no option with Sakala.

Back