Sakala through the middle on Thursday?

Just last week majority on FF slayed Sakala as useless. Times have changed.

One goal doesn’t change that. He was hopeless in the first half. He also missed a great opportunity to win the game.

Genuinely don’t know who I’d have through the middle. I don’t see how Roofe can be ready given he wasn’t on the bench yesterday - that’s a gamble.

Wouldn't go as far to say he is useless but he is very inconsistent. One goal yesterday doesn't change that.

My feelings are that Roofe being fit will be the difference whether we progress or not

20 plus goals in the Belgian league suggests he’s got something. I’ve been a fan of his but yesterdays first half was as bad as I’ve seen in an OF game. Fair play to the lad and the manager for keeping him on when I’d imagine 99% of the support wanted him off.
For me he’s an impact player and that’s where he should stay, on the bench for the last 30 mins to stretch tiring teams.

Sakala had a 10 minute spell he looked half a player, the other 80 minutes he was abysmal. Let's hope Roofe is fit for Thursday night

Sakala gets judged much harsher than any other player we have.

We've literally seen Roofe barely touching the ball against Celtic this season. We've seen Morelos over the years miss sitter after sitter against them, in fact how long did it take him to eventually score?

Sakala is raw, sometimes his touch is erratic and he looks lost but he's always dangerous. He's got 2 goals in the last 2 games against that lot. He had CCV all over the place in the second half.

If they are going to play in long balls where the defender easily wins the header don't play fashion

If they are going to play through balls behind the defenders play Fashion. Simples. First half all them long balls yesterday to Sakala was doing my head in. Victers was strolling it until they started playing through balls to him and he shat it.

IMO one way or another Sakala has to start. Don't care if it's centrally or out wide. He's frustrating but he's a danger as we seen today. Just need to play to his strengths.

The other night Leipzig left it man for man at the back. Sakala's pace can exploit that.
I’m slowly coming round to that way of thinking.

Sakala had a 10 minute spell he looked half a player, the other 80 minutes he was abysmal. Let's hope Roofe is fit for Thursday night
He was asked to play RM in the first half. A crazy decision, and all the scums chances came down that side and tav being overloaded

My preferred front 3 if Roofe is fit is Sakala wide left, Roof through the middle and Kent wide right.
It asks question of our summer recruitment last year that sakala best position is clearly LW, yet he have Kent who will play 99% of games in that position

It’s a do or die game. The likes of Roofe and Ramsey will have been rehabbing like %^*& last week or so

People are only saying what they see, no one’s gonna say he was good yesterday if he wasn’t, he was useless against Leipzig and very good 2nd half against them.

Thought about this recently given our lack of target men, remember when we done it with Saluko worked brilliantly.

Thursday we need to throw a curveball imo that would be worth a half assuming we don't have Roofe fit.

I hope Roofe can start, I’d also surprise them by playing Kent on right wing and Sakala on left. Then hopefully a middle three of Ramsey, Jack and Lundstrum. But who knows.

People are only saying what they see, no one’s gonna say he was good yesterday if he wasn’t, he was useless against Leipzig and very good 2nd half against them.

Some were saying he was useless in general and not just against Leipzig.

Davie Cooper used to get it in the neck back in the day when having an off day but very few thought he was useless.

Sakala, Wright and Lundstram didnt deserve the abuse they got on here and when they prove the doubters wrong the least they can do is admit it.

Looked lost out on the wing today but what a turn around in his performance when we moved him into the middle. He terrorised the scum defence and should've had a couple.

Leipzig aren't coming to Ibrox to sit in, the 1 goal lead isn't enough and they'll need to go toe to toe with us.

Rather than Aribo, or the outside chance of less than 100% Roofe, should we be going with Sakala?
Actually Leipzig are a counter attacking side who tend to struggle in the home leg and then exploit the space away from home where the other team is expected to attack. They will be hoping we chase the goal early doors as they will be looking to pick us off.

I think it is important to keep things tight for the first 20/25 and keep the crowd involved, an early goal for them will turn Ibrox into a morgue and give us a mountain to climb. I suspect this will be a very tactical game with our management team acutely aware of their threat on the counter. From their perspective they know that we are no mugs given the fact that we’re in the semis.

Some were saying he was useless in general and not just against Leipzig.

Davie Cooper used to get it in the neck back in the day when having an off day but very few thought he was useless.

Sakala, Wright and Lundstram didnt deserve the abuse they got on here and when they prove the doubters wrong the least they can do is admit it.
Of course he’s not useless, not many players score hat tricks for us, regardless of the opposition, better player through the middle though, Lundstrum didn’t suit the way Gerrard set up, he wasn’t as bad as was made out though, it took embarrassed off them for Gio to give him a chance, and he’s never looked back since,

If Roofe is anything like fit he has to start. Sakala looked good through the middle yesterday but looked lost when he came on against Leipzig so you never know what you’ll get

I'm sure there was a poster early doors on the match thread for Sunday who had spoken to Roofe and the player had said he was fit. If true - IF - then obviously I'd expect Roofe to start on Thursday. Rusty/not 100% or whatever. Sakala can come on when Roofe has done his bit.

I'd like nothing more than to be proven wrong about Sakala but one swallow doesn't make a summer. I'm hoping he is a late bloomer, he plays like a youth team player sometimes.

I just think players like Roofe and Ramsey have that something different that we don’t really have in the team right now and one moment of magic could be the difference.
I totally get what you're saying but games as evenly matched as this are won and lost with tiny, tiny margins.

Of course these two would be a great boost for this game but I think Gio has to start with whoever is operating at their peak.

A confident Sakala is a dangerous player.

If Leipzig want to go toe to toe with us at Ibrox and the match is open then Sakala will be an asset in that scenario.

I'd start him.

You want another half hearted effort from Aribo?
What I want is Roofe and then the lesser of 2 evils is Aribo as I want the ball to stick 2 times out of the 5 it goes up, we have ZERO retention with Sakala. It’s not an accident that Tedesco named Kent and Aribo as our danger players before AND after the game. He is a threat even off form and will be part of their game plan. Putting 2 on Kent and fearing Aribo will free up others

I'd like nothing more than to be proven wrong about Sakala but one swallow doesn't make a summer. I'm hoping he is a late bloomer, he plays like a youth team player sometimes.
That's where I'd be looking for our coaching team to be making the difference with this guy.

It's as plain as day he's far from polished in the build up play,( I think I remember Gerrard referencing this) but get that ball played in front of him and he's going to burn most defenders with that pace.

Gio's team have worked with him long enough surly to know how to get the best from him. I can't explain this , but I can't help but feel Fashion Sakala (despite his obvious flaws). has something monumental to contribute before this season is done.

That's where I'd be looking for our coaching team to be making the difference with this guy.

It's as plain as day he's far from polished in the build up play,( I think I remember Gerrard referencing this) but get that ball played in front of him and he's going to burn most defenders with that pace.

Gio's team have worked with him long enough surly to know how to get the best from him. I can't explain this , but I can't help but feel Fashion Sakala (despite his obvious flaws). has something monumental to contribute before this season is done.
A winner in Seville will do.

Roofe >>>>>>>> Aribo>>>>>>>>>>Arfieldfor the no 9 position

Sakala should even be in the conversation
To reach a European final you need good footballers

Sakala is not near the standard required.

Manager took abuse for bringing him on last week through the middle and moving Aribo to the right, this week the cry is play him through the middle:)).
Roofe even 75% fit starts with Kent on one side and Aribo other.

IMO one way or another Sakala has to start. Don't care if it's centrally or out wide. He's frustrating but he's a danger as we seen today. Just need to play to his strengths.

The other night Leipzig left it man for man at the back. Sakala's pace can exploit that.
They won’t be doing that again, it’ll be the opposite, suck us in look to steal it and then hit us on the break in numbers. They are very strong at this

Ideally he can be an option off the bench, we seen in the away leg how far out his depth he was. Even in the first half against them he was terrible, wasn’t tracking back correctly and was leaving tav to pick up two men at times. The goal they scored is from his error in not covering correctly because he allows his man to get past him.

He’s a good option with some good end product at times, always feel like he looks more threatening attacking from the left.

For Thursday my midfield and attack if players have recovered would be

Jack Lundstram
Ramsey aribo kent
Roofe

I think we go through with that line up.

Ideally he can be an option off the bench, we seen in the away leg how far out his depth he was. Even in the first half against them he was terrible, wasn’t tracking back correctly and was leaving tav to pick up two men at times. The goal they scored is from his error in not covering correctly because he allows his man to get past him.

He’s a good option with some good end product at times, always feel like he looks more threatening attacking from the left.

For Thursday my midfield and attack if players have recovered would be

Jack Lundstram
Ramsey aribo kent
Roofe

I think we go through with that line up.
Don't think there's a chance in hell Ramsey makes it mate. I'm pretty confident on Roofe starting though, from the noises we are hearing.

Ramsey can come in for the two finals.

Don't think there's a chance in hell Ramsey makes it mate. I'm pretty confident on Roofe starting though, from the noises we are hearing.

Ramsey can come in for the two finals.
If Ramsey doesn’t play I’m not to sure who I would be starting out right, both Wright and sakala have looked out their depth at this stage in Europe.

What I want is Roofe and then the lesser of 2 evils is Aribo as I want the ball to stick 2 times out of the 5 it goes up, we have ZERO retention with Sakala. It’s not an accident that Tedesco named Kent and Aribo as our danger players before AND after the game. He is a threat even off form and will be part of their game plan. Putting 2 on Kent and fearing Aribo will free up others
After yesterday I would be happy not to see Aribo again.
Looks like a player who’s done his deal for next season and doesn’t want injured before he goes.

One goal doesn’t change that. He was hopeless in the first half. He also missed a great opportunity to win the game.

Genuinely don’t know who I’d have through the middle. I don’t see how Roofe can be ready given he wasn’t on the bench yesterday - that’s a gamble.
He was heavily involved in the winning goal in SC Semi. If not for his run, there is no goal.

He can play through the middle if the midfield moves forward. No point in hitting it long to him a la Wright and Kent v Leipzig in the first half last Thursday. Let's hope Roofe makes it though.

Roofe >>>>>>>> Aribo>>>>>>>>>>Arfieldfor the no 9 position

Sakala should even be in the conversation
To reach a European final you need good footballers

Sakala is not near the standard required.

Arfield lol

Back