Sakala

Way off the required standard
Never a centre forward in a modern system and he’s never a wide man

its really starting to show that we haven’t spent money on good starting players, christ one of their best players by numbers is some random israeli boy plucked out of nowhere.

Sakala on the left for a run of matches. He needs to be giving a run its a joke the way we have used him since the start of the season i am not saying he is the answer to all our problems but compared to hide and seek champ Kent he cannot do any worse.

He’s literally rubbish.

Pace and that is it. Even with his pace, he doesn’t know what to do with it. He barely keeps a ball under control, he loses possession all the time, he makes the wrong off the ball runs and his shooting/composure is dreadful.

He’s like a headless chicken. It’s hard for a defender to stop someone who doesn’t seem to know what they’re wanting to do either. He runs i’ll give him that. But he’s got very little else to his game
What are kent, roofe, itten, wright giving us? I'll take some running about from sakala as a start.

I haven’t seen him beat a man yet. He may have all the pace in the world but I’ve seen nothing from him to suggest he can actually use it.

He's more effective than Kent this season, gives the ball away less and his direct approach and pace unsettles defences. Also, his attitude is second to none. You can't level the lack of fight argument against Fashion.

He reminds me of Novo tbh. There's a need for him in this team, both for his mentality and directness.

I haven’t seen him beat a man yet. He may have all the pace in the world but I’ve seen nothing from him to suggest he can actually use it.

He is totally directionless in what he is trying to achieve during a game of football.

Kent, has been pretty gash lately and was brutal last night but..... he puts in the work that gets Tavs goal at the weekend, he is involved in Goldsons goal at the weekend, he gives Roofe and Goldson chances last night they should be putting away, there is a form of purpose in what he is trying to achieve.

Sakala is more often than not just running about, it is going nowhere when he gets it. He was given MOTM against Livvy, why, I still have no idea why, because for most of the game he was achieving nothing, his finishing, technique and control is also rank rotten TBH, he gets in this hideous body shape when he goes to shoot and the ball ends up ballooning miles off where it looks like he wants it to go.

Not a fan of his work.

Said before, Sakala scored more in one game than Kent has all season.

Kent gets an easy ride for some reason, can’t get my head around it. £7m and offers hee haw

He should have started by the time he came on the game was done and they sat in. We had no out ball during the game. Diallo was a man short before the game started, we have seen that movie before with how the game can pass players by. As for Kent, being stuck wide it does not suit him look back at previous games where he drifts all over the pitch and gets involved from all areas of the pitch.

He’s like a headless chicken. It’s hard for a defender to stop someone who doesn’t seem to know what they’re wanting to do either. He runs i’ll give him that. But he’s got very little else to his game
He's scored goals which is a big thing for a forward

He is totally directionless in what he is trying to achieve during a game of football.

Kent, has been pretty gash lately and was brutal last night but..... he puts in the work that gets Tavs goal at the weekend, he is involved in Goldsons goal at the weekend, he gives Roofe and Goldson chances last night they should be putting away, there is a form of purpose in what he is trying to achieve.

Sakala is more often than not just running about, it is going nowhere when he gets it. He was given MOTM against Livvy, why, I still have no idea why, because for most of the game he was achieving nothing, his finishing, technique and control is also rank rotten TBH, he gets in this hideous body shape when he goes to shoot and the ball ends up ballooning miles off where it looks like he wants it to go.

Not a fan of his work.
This...

Kent isn't having the best of times this season but he's one of our few game changers - he's in a different league to Sakala, who simply isn't very good at all - he flatters to deceive because he's busy.

This...

Kent isn't having the best of times this season but he's one of our few game changers - he's in a different league to Sakala, who simply isn't very good at all - he flatters to deceive because he's busy.

When did Kent last change a game?

He's scored goals which is a big thing for a forward

He’s scored 5 league goals ffs. Three was in one match. Other than Motherwell he’s scored against Livingston.

His composure/finishing/end product is stinking. He has all the pace in the world and loves a step over that any decent defender will read, stand strong, read and deal with - that’s if Sakala hasn’t tried a step over too many and watched the ball come off his heel and fall to the opposition without a challenge even required.

yet another player we have signed who isn’t good enough to be trusted as a first 11 regular. Impact sub at best.

He has no iq

Never the answer - reminds me of a kitten with a ball fo wool no idea what he's doing
well Diallo has the IQ but zero appetite, didnt press at all, was only willing to track runner when he was already in his own half , didnt track a single runner coming of him when he as in attacking half.

He wont make it at man utd. to make it there you need to have the ability which he prob has, but the appetite and hunger aint there. He is up here to get some game time not to help the team at all.

He wont be hurting one bit this morning and if he doesnt show the hunger we need from him in these games then when will he.

Sakala must start ahead of him or serous question need to be asked of Gio.

Quite angry reading some of these comments tbh, racist undertones in some. He has been far more effective than Kent at beating his man despite not even being a natural winger and has done well in the opportunities he's had, including last night. And he still has a better goals per minute than Morelos in the league despite largely playing wide, so some unfair comments about his goalscoring too. Yeh he's had some poor finishes but none would make Morelos's top 5 misses list so give him a chance.

Zambian Traore. Lightning pace, can burst past defenders. Rarely picks the right pass and rarely finds the net.
Thank heavens we have Kent who does that regularly. Oh wait, DID that regularly.

Some should really take a break.

Some posters cant see by names. The see the name kent and think yep in my team despite form. They then do the polar opposite when not a big name.

He’s limited but he didn’t hide last night and he tried to take the game to them and create something.

I’ve been a big fan of Roofe but he did nothing last night.

Last edited:
Problem with Sakai’s is we do not play to his strengths

Use the same tactics and expect the striker to fit these, not the other way round

He has no iq

Never the answer - reminds me of a kitten with a ball fo wool no idea what he's doing
That's pish tbh.

He has scored goals and played well in quite alot of games.

He gets the ball and runs with it and causes problems most games and chases every ball offensively and defensively.

You don't like him that's fine but saying he doesn't know what he is doing is just nonsense imo.

Quite angry reading some of these comments tbh, racist undertones in some. He has been far more effective than Kent at beating his man despite not even being a natural winger and has done well in the opportunities he's had, including last night. And he still has a better goals per minute than Morelos in the league despite largely playing wide, so some unfair comments about his goalscoring too. Yeh he's had some poor finishes but none would make Morelos's top 5 misses list so give him a chance.
Spot on mate.

He has been a good signing and will improve.

Had some good games and scored goals.

He tries and causes a bit of chaos when he just runs with the ball.

At one point last night he had about 5 players chasing him with no help from his team.

He should definitely have started before Diallo who was like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

I agree with your post, however I'm curious to find out what you deem to be racist undertones?

I think we all like him and love his enthusiasm, unfortunately he’s just not very good. He’ll run all day and put in 100% effort but it takes a hell of a lot more than that to be a success. Maybe a run of games and a bit of time will prove us wrong but I seriously doubt it.

At this moment he's a much better option out left than Kent. Offers so much more than Kent and imo has been unfairly left out on the back of good performances from wide left.

He should have started instead of Diallo last night.

Diallo looks a decent player, but he's too lightweight for that game. We couldn't get out our own half in the first 45 minutes, but Sakala running at Taylor and Starfelt at every opportunity would have given us a good chance to get forward more often. Tav might have played better too if he had a ball over the top for Sakala to chase as an option when under pressure, rather than having to try play it into a player's feet, or the high ball for Roofe against Carter-Vickers that he was never winning.
Even if Sakala runs at them and only wins a throw or even a corner, it gives our midfield a chance to get into shape further up the pitch. Far better than just losing the ball and being hit on the brake, as happened far too often.
His pace also means that their defence is less willing to push too high up incase he gets in behind them and as another poster said, his constant running at players often results in defenders picking up bookings, putting more pressure on them.

I think the low football IQ comments are poor. His best asset is his pace, so he's asked to run at players and he's good at it. Would posters prefer if his first thought wasn't to take the full-back on? That's exactly what I want him to do every time he gets the ball! He gets himself into good positions and he's a good finisher too.

I hope he starts the next few games and along with Balogun, Jack and Morelos back, Bassey at LB, plus Ramsey coming in, I think we'll start looking good again.

Back