Scott Allan has signed for arbroath

Well he never got to play with the bears live with that you waste of skin..... sold his soul to the unwashed living dead

Yes, watching in a pub in Blackpool, Nigel v Ayrton. Unforgettable.

hluZBE.gif
Not a patch on Senna v Prost IMO.

Why does he get so much coverage on here?
An absolute no mark.
There's a host of folk (not necessarily the OP) that because they convinced themselves he was signing for us and chanted his name at a match, but he didn't sign can't quite get over it.

Anyway, it's good he still has a career with his health issues and it should be a good signing for Arbroath.

I never understand why this guy gets under the skin of so many on here to be honest. Rangers fans signing for them is boak inducing but he was hardly a former hero of ours.

He would have done for us in that one Warburton season in the Championship but that would have been it, he was never good enough for Rangers from about 2018 onwards so who cares?

He is a mid table plodder at best, he clearly had talent but he has spent the majority of his career on loan at Dundee and Hibs. Celtic did us a favour by signing him and paying him £8k a week. Another Lawwell masterstroke.

Good luck to the boy. Its not nice seeing anyone go through the health problems he's had. Actually could work out as a good signing for Arbroath.

10K a week from them was too good an offer for him to turn down with his health issues. Thats 1.5m over the 3 years. Hes not earning that money ever again.
If we were offering say 5k a week and they offered 10 i think 99% of players would go to them.

Worth remembering he wanted to come to us as well and handed in a transfer request which Hibs rejected.

In a way it suited all parties now when you think back, Hibs won their "didn't sell him to Rangers" trophy, Celtic think they got it up us, Scott Allan probably became a millionaire or close to it for doing very little and we avoided signing a plodder who would have made no difference whatsoever in the 2016/17 and 2017/18 seasons and paying him a fortune for the pleasure.

Worth remembering he wanted to come to us as well and handed in a transfer request which Hibs rejected.

In a way it suited all parties now when you think back, Hibs won their "didn't sell him to Rangers" trophy, Celtic think they got it up us, Scott Allan probably became a millionaire or close to it for doing very little and we avoided signing a plodder who would have made no difference whatsoever in the 2016/17 and 2017/18 seasons and paying him a fortune for the pleasure.
Some very valid points however my reply is best summed up by #117

10K a week from them was too good an offer for him to turn down with his health issues. Thats 1.5m over the 3 years. Hes not earning that money ever again.
If we were offering say 5k a week and they offered 10 i think 99% of players would go to them.
lady's front bottom told me to my face he made £5mill out of it, no joke.

You’ve actually made a lot of very good points there.

It’ll never catch on. :))

Scott Allan could have been a very good player but had so much going against him. He did what Hibs wanted him to for starters. He went to Celtic which absolutely decimated his career and he was absolutely told it would. From there things just got worse and worse.

His health issues are a shame and I hope he is over them or able to manage them. Whether he can get his football career on track again I couldn't care less. He fucked his career well and truly.

Any player who is meant to be a Rangers fan and then signs for them shows exactly what personality Allan is. Though he’ll be amazing for Arbroath. Shame as he is a turn coat. He’ll probably end up smoked up there.

I suppose he'll always have his creepy song....
Bloody hell. That's quite sad. Poor wee things singing about Jock Stein and that club given their history with children :(

On the bright side they will all have grown up by now and don't give a feck about them.

Back