Scott wright well done son

The ridiculous "headless chicken" comments that both he and Sakala get on almost every matchday thread really grind my gears.
Both of them have qualities that can frighten the sh*te out of most defenders and they're both capable of game winning performances!
I'm delighted for Scott Wright for his performance and taking his opportunity to write himself into an important bit of Rangers history!
Don't worry about it mate. Gio won't be looking to FF for advise on who cleans the boots,never mind advise him on team formation and especially subs.

I thought he was excellent today and he took his goal really well. I like it that he faces up players.

I don't rate Scott Wright but what I will say about him is at least he tries to be positive in his play and I applaud that

So has Scott Wright to be brilliant every week to be considered a good player?

Why is the same scrutiny not applied to Ryan Kent because in a lot of games this season Kent never kicked his arse?

Most wide players are inconsistent. Wright had an excellent game today and scored a superb goal, there's no reason he can't kick on from this and I hope he does.
I think Wright has scored more goals than Kent this season

It can't be underestimated what a great finish it was for his goal today.

He was one of our better players on Wednesday.

He obviously isn't the finished article, but there's definitely potential for him to become a really important player for us.

He's really changed my opinion of him in the last 6-8 weeks. Gio seems to trust him and he goes into next season with some real momentum. Looks like he's really starting to believe that he belongs at this level now too.

Took his goal well, ran around a lot, some good defensive work
But much too slack in possession and I thought he tried to showboat a couple of times when keeping it simple snd keeping the ball would have been better for the team
I guess he is on a low wage andis nota bad option off the bench
He could be more if he becomes a bit more professional in his approach

You really wonder what some people on here see in football games.

Utter nonsense about showboating and being slack in possession. Another baffling post

Honestly unhappy at the sub choice when he came on (and I rate Scott Wright as well).

This is why I'm posting here with a beer in my hand and not getting bevvied with the players at Ibrox.

Looks like working with Makaay has done him wonders
That’s what I was going to say. What we’re seeing now is the message sinking in and confidence built up over the past few months.

Gio kept his appearances to a minimum earlier this season and he looked like a forgotten player on the way out, but he’s really doing well and it’s a pity for him that the season’s finished.

Took his goal really well. Pretty well ran the length of the pitch to take Kent’s pass and a very composed finish as he was being closed down by a defender with the gk well enough positioned.

He hasn't had a good season...he has however had a very good end to the season. Hopefully he can keep this up and continue to improve. If so we have a good player on our hands.

A lot of “experts” on here slagged several of the players to death now claim to love them - unbelievable …. Scott Wright, Lundstrom, Bassey , Greegs, Goldson

Credit to Gio and his staff. Lundstram, Bassey, Wright have all come on a good bit since he arrived.....surely not just coincidence? Let's hope they can bring Sakala on a bit too and a fit again Hagi.

Looks like the young fella could maybe do something for us, well done today Scott. Kick on.

What a turnaround from being anonymous against Annan. Can't beat having quality Scottish players in the first team. Must be knocking on the door for the national team now.

He was excellent when he came on and deserves huge praise for his performance

Scored a great goal but his link up was magic too

He needs to keep this level up and he will be a great squad player

He performed well on wed and was unlucky to be taken off, he looked as though he had a point to prove and looked like he is learning what it takes to be a starter.

You need to be a game changer when you get your opportunities

Some really clever play, on another day his wee flicks and lobs may not come off, but fair play today. Confidence player.

The speed at which he can transition our play from back to front is impressive. Great goal today and I am hopeful he can kick on next season

I’ve always liked him. An old school winger type with pace. Yes, sometimes his touch and final delivery let’s him down, but he gets into great positions and causes defences problems.
He is improving all the time and It was great to see him score that goal today. One hundred per cent deserved.

GVB trusts him and it now shows in his performances. I like that about a manager who can come in and improve the players he has.

He's only 24. If he keeps developing like this he has great potential. It looks like the coaching team rate him.

Back