Scott wright well done son

I actually thought the pass from Kent was poor. It should have been further in-front of Wright. Not that it mattered as Wright’s finish was outstanding. Lovely hit with the inside of his foot.
Not just that but that sprint up the park was unreal. It takes him eight seconds from when he gets the ball to when he’s stuck the ball in the net. And that’s allowing for him to slow down to adjust to Kent’s pass.

He has come onto a bit of a game in recent months, with a few good goals. He did well enough on Wednesday too.

He has genuine pace, tries to find little pockets of space, and tried to move the ball quickly, either by himself or onto team mates.

Still a bit raw, and still occasionally chooses the wrong option and gives the ball away more than he should, but players that can actually run by a man, and get properly past them, is a bit of a rarity these days.

Still think his best position would be coming in off the left like Kent like he did at Aberdeen, but with a bit more confidence and consistency he can grow into a decent, reliable homegrown squad option going forward.

His ability to drop into gaps and take the ball on the half turn before bursting past defenders is unparalleled in our current squad IMO. Kent does it from a wider position but he doesn’t tend to drop into the areas Wright does.

Some of the stick he takes on here is ridiculous. He’s a talented player who I hope thrives next season under GVB. He’s had a really strong end to this season.

We need pace and guile in the forward areas I think he's the type of player GVB will be looking for maybe with a bit more quality.
He still has plenty time to improve and he had a great game today.

I knocked the boy for long enough but I’ve said for about the past 8-9 weeks he’s been excellent, credit where it due and he very much deserved his role on Wednesday.

He is a better player than he thinks if he could just believe in himself a little more who could be a starter every week

His sprint to receive the pass for his goal was a genuine ‘wow’ moment.

But even better was his pass to Aribo (shirt pull incident). That shows me he has a lot more in his arsenal than just pace.

Gio and his staff obviously have faith in the lad and that is good enough for me.

He certainly lifted us. I'm not convinced he has a long term future with us but hope he enjoyed the night!

I always liked him but the improvement in him under GvB has been remarkable.
If he’s got more to go, and Gio can bring it out of him, we’ll have a very decent option there.

An Aberdeen level player imo
Hope I’m proved wrong
Great goal, gives the ball away too much.

He’s no world beater, but I think he’s done himself and the club proud over the last month or two. Full credit to him, he deserved that goal today and took it superbly given that Kent actually didn’t execute the pass very well.

Taking Amad off was the right call, he was walking a tight rope at that point, I just thought the game was crying out for Lowry to come on as I thought he’d make a bigger impact. Happy to be wrong.
Yip, definitely had to happen.
He’d been booked and had already committed one of those 50/50 yellow or not challenges.
He had to be replaced.

He’s no world beater, but I think he’s done himself and the club proud over the last month or two. Full credit to him, he deserved that goal today and took it superbly given that Kent actually didn’t execute the pass very well.
Yes, the pass was a bit slow paced and Wright had to change his stride to get there.
Was a great finish to beat Gordon at that angle.
Probably not your intention but I wouldn’t be too hard on Kent here.
Better players than him have messed up that pass.
Davis, of all people, delayed then overhit his pass to Roofe against Hearts at Ibrox at 1-0 in the 1-1 game .

Back