Scott Wright

Ryan Kent's scored 28 goals and 17 assists in 3,5-seasons.

Scott Wright has 3 or 4 goals and assists in over a year. A similar amount of appearances to Kent too in that time.

I don't think Kent's stats are shocking. Could they be better? yeah defo but it's nowhere near Wright's.
If you average that out per season (roughly 8 goals/5 assists per year) , and gave wright equal game time, do you think Wright could match that despite his shortcomings? I certainly think so.

Been reading this pish since September. There is a player there but only for any team below the top 2, imagine going into CL group stages with him as your RW. madness. Squad player at best an thats pushing it. Itten same detail.
What IS pish is writing off the guy. Granted had a stop start time at Rangers and never really had a sustained run. Granted he was poor last few games. Other weaknesses in the team haven’t helped and hasn’t exactly had great service and support. Last few games few of our players have performed. We’ve been leaving our front players isolated. There are not many ‘first pick’ players in the team who have not at some stage gone through a spell of poor form. There was a spell earlier this season when he came on as an impact sub and looked excellent and maybe as teams nowadays have larger squads he may be more effective in that role. As teams tire after an hour that may be when he’d be most effective.

When you're buying players from Huddersfield and Aberdeen this is what you get, usually.

Wright and Bacuna are never Rangers players in a million years, Wright last night was make the eyes bleed bad. Horrific.

We got a golden nugget in Aribo from Charlton but more often than not these transfers don't work.
I agree, but your point about Aribo make it all worthwhile really. Add in Kamara and we have a chance to make some massive money from low outlay signings.

Most won’t work, but those that do more than compensate.

Reminded me of forrest gump with blinkers last night, took a player on, hit it by him, ball was near into the Coupland rear and run after it

There's been a few glimpses that there's a player there, but had a right stinker last night.

He's still very young, give him another couple of years to develop and you never know how good he could become.

He's certainly shown glimpses of his potential in parts. I wouldn't write him off yet.

I had high hopes for him when he signed and some of his sub appearances were eye catching.

I was a bit of a fan boy but as a starter he's just not doing it. Was dreadful tonight. Anonymous in the first half pretty much.

Impact sub at best I think.
EXACTLY this.

Impact sub, who may or may not have an impact.

It’s not going to happen for him. You are ignoring him running the ball out of play on at least two, possibly three occasions. That’s unforgivable for a professional footballer and worryingly enough it’s something has done in previous games.
We all want Rangers players to do well but sometimes you need to hold your hands up and say we got it wrong.
Tav ran the ball out a couple of times also, it was a horrendous night the boys had 1 bad game and people are on his back, if he was was scotti wrightino he'd be more thought of.

What IS pish is writing off the guy. Granted had a stop start time at Rangers and never really had a sustained run. Granted he was poor last few games. Other weaknesses in the team haven’t helped and hasn’t exactly had great service and support. Last few games few of our players have performed. We’ve been leaving our front players isolated. There are not many ‘first pick’ players in the team who have not at some stage gone through a spell of poor form. There was a spell earlier this season when he came on as an impact sub and looked excellent and maybe as teams nowadays have larger squads he may be more effective in that role. As teams tire after an hour that may be when he’d be most effective.
I agree. Felt sorry for him last night as the crowd started to get on his back and you could tell it was affecting him. He didn't hide, still kept trying even when nothing he did was coming off.
We were not at the races as a whole team last night, I don't think singling him out is really fair. Sands might as well not have been playing - if Davis had been in there maybe the whole team would have performed better and Wright might have played with more confidence.

They're is a player there, he has pace he can run at and get past defender's but his final ball is woeful, hopefully something our coaching staff can work on.

Being kind, I don't think he's anywhere near the standard required to be playing for Rangers.

Never seen a winger commit more needless fouls in my life either.

Has never started more than 2 games in a row for us.

Poor performance in a terrible team performance, was starved of the ball first half ended up trying too hard second and nothing came off.

Was unlucky not to score with a good effort that beat the keeper and was cleared off the line.

Horses for courses, just last nights wasn’t for him.

Good squad player to have in the days of squad rotation.

The usual scatter gun approach after a bad performance, how many times did Tav run it straight out of play ? I had a roaster behind me in CD6 scream Goldson you are a donkey late on when he had just won about 4 challenges in a row.

We have threads on Sands, Itten, even Lundstram who wasn’t even playing, but everyone has a soft spot for Kamara, who has been sh!te last 2 games and Bassey who has been an absolute bomb scare in both.

Fast and decent at getting past players but passing, crossing and finishing is awful. Basically he has the physical attributes but none of the technical ones.

I had high hopes for him when he signed and some of his sub appearances were eye catching.

I was a bit of a fan boy but as a starter he's just not doing it. Was dreadful tonight. Anonymous in the first half pretty much.

He’s a good squad option when we need an impact player or when we are in an injury crisis like last night m. Let’s be honest, we are always going to struggle to get top quality in Scotland for a player on the fringes, he’s about as good as we will get for that option. For me he is a valued member of the squad, just what we need

He’s been a late starter, I don’t think he’s played many professional games in his career.

So his mileage is low and he probably has a long career ahead of him.

is that not a contradiction to say he has a long career ahead of him, when hes touching 25?

hes only got 82 pro appearances since making his debut 7 years ago

The abuse he was taking from the main stand last night was genuinely bang out of order, never understood what folk think it will do.

Did laugh a lot when some fanny behind me started calling him a useless wee prick, only for him to go and beat three people 5 seconds later.

Last edited:
The abuse he was taking from the main stand last night was genuinely bang out of order, never understood what folk think it will do.

Did laugh a lot when some fanny behind me started calling him a useless wee prick, only for him to go and beat three people 5 seconds later.
There's never any excuse to abuse a player IMHO.

In the second half he was very poor and at times seemed to be playing in desperation. That said, if he gets the goal in the first half that was cleared off the line we are probably having a very different conversation about him.

I would like to keep him. I'd like to see him continue to develop and he has time to do it. He obviously has talent and if he properly works on his final ball then we will have a good player. Players that can run at opponents and take them on are important and hard to come by but need nurtured. Yes its taking more time that we wanted but I think he can come good. He had a poor game last night and the fans got on his back, verbally abusing him is not the answer though.

I genuinely forgot he was playing until he won that foul just outside the box well into the second half.

It’s a shame it hasn’t worked out but, if hasn’t and if isn’t going to. I’ve felt that for many months tbf. He’s not good enough for us and needs to go mid table Spfl of to a championship side in England

is that not a contradiction to say he has a long career ahead of him, when hes touching 25?

hes only got 82 pro appearances since making his debut 7 years ago
No because he's played the same amount of games as some 20 year olds.

So in career terms he's got the mileage of a 20 year old - so probably has another 15 years in him.

Looks like he struggles with the weight of being a Rangers player, might be better off at a team with less expectation.

It's fine, the same guys will be making up songs about him when he has a run of form - That's life these days.

Same here mate, he’s proved this season he’s not good enough.

Doesn’t have the ability, awareness and composure needed to play for Rangers.

When the crowd groan at his mistakes, you see him disappear and any time he gets the ball thereafter it goes straight back to the player who passed it to him.

Get rid of him, he’s now a waste of a jersey.

Awful last night and poor in general. You could see his teammates getting pissed off with him and some of his decision making at times.

Wright is a dud. A surprise purchase in the first place but has never shown himself to be anything other than a bit part Aberdeen player.

Every opportunity given by Kents absence has been met with a lack of strength, zero determination and very little skill. I believe he can run fast in a straight line though!!

He wasn't great tonight but the way the crowd acted towards him sometimes isn't going to help his confidence!
This is a problem. Confidence players don’t get much chance at Rangers. Although I do agree Wright just doesn’t seem to have an end product.

I think he has attributes that could help Rangers in the future & even the immediate future , his main asset is his pace , he should make more of this .

Ps there’s a long list of players that were written off by large sections of our support who came good.

I think he has attributes that could help Rangers in the future & even the immediate future , his main asset is his pace , he should make more of this .

Ps there’s a long list of players that were written off by large sections of our support who came good.
Charlie Adam used to over hit corner kicks, he then went on to star with Liverpool. Aluko came in right under the radar from the sheep, unknown to me and ended up a star for us before moving south.

Back