Scott Wright

We got him for pretty much free. He has had one absolute howler of a performance and people are getting upset.

Personally I think it’s a really ugly side of our support, we are very impatient and a tough crowd, the players must pick up on that.

The guy has signed and as far as I can see has gave it his all and showed a willingness to try and improve. Granted at this time he seems to have limitations, but there is the potential to improve.

I don’t think people will be happy until he’s hounded off the pitch during the next warm up. Ridiculous.

Once we are bye our first 15/16 picks there are too many bench fillers who haven't cut it
If we win title then 2 or 3 quality signings would be in order to improve the side going forward

I had high hopes for him when he signed and some of his sub appearances were eye catching.

I was a bit of a fan boy but as a starter he's just not doing it. Was dreadful tonight. Anonymous in the first half pretty much.

Impact sub at best I think.
Needs to start taking his chances when in the 11. Decision making in the final third has been woeful but there’s all the attributes to be a good player. Needs to kick on soon though.

Needs to start taking his chances when in the 11. Decision making in the final third has been woeful but there’s all the attributes to be a good player. Needs to kick on soon though.
Needed to, didnt, over and over.

Chances wasted and deserves no more given how little hes progressed, i.e. not at all.

Offer him to Hearts for Souttar now?

He's failed to take the opportunity he's been given at Rangers. He started well but has ultimately failed to build on that which is exactly what's required here.

What was needed was a Neil McCann esque step up in standards with better players around him ie creating and scoring regularly instead of sporadically. Unfortunately for the boy and ultimately Rangers that hasn't happened. I suspect he's not done yet under Van Bronkhorst but has to seize the moment soon or he'll be shipped out along with Barker and co.

I genuinely think he’ll come good - even if it’s as a regular impact sun. He was terrible on Wednesday but still was very unlucky not to score.

hes getting close to last chance saloon for me .

Been given multiple chances now and hasn't grabbed any of them with any great promise

We got him for pretty much free. He has had one absolute howler of a performance and people are getting upset.

Personally I think it’s a really ugly side of our support, we are very impatient and a tough crowd, the players must pick up on that.

The guy has signed and as far as I can see has gave it his all and showed a willingness to try and improve. Granted at this time he seems to have limitations, but there is the potential to improve.

I don’t think people will be happy until he’s hounded off the pitch during the next warm up. Ridiculous.
He’s had a few more than one Im afraid, but people see what they want to see. Doesn’t yet have the capital built up of Kent/Hagi and don’t think he will. Whereas they’ve had poor games, even runs Ive never looked at either of them as being out of their depth. For me it was there from his first game off the bench, looked promising at link up should’ve scored and didn’t, maybe if he had he would’ve believed off the bat Rangers is a team he’s capable of being a player at.

Agree with you re the support you look at teams like Scotland and see what a crowd can do for players like Lyndon Dykes. However had the fans and media not also been pushing for Patterson when O’Donnell wasn’t providing much Scotland might’ve still had O’Donnell instead of a better player in that position.

I think he has attributes that could help Rangers in the future & even the immediate future , his main asset is his pace , he should make more of this .

Ps there’s a long list of players that were written off by large sections of our support who came good.
Long list of crap fast players also.

I don’t think he will get much game time now, maybe the last few minutes of games and in the cup

Once we are bye our first 15/16 picks there are too many bench fillers who haven't cut it
If we win title then 2 or 3 quality signings would be in order to improve the side going forward

I think there is more to it than that. This squad was assembled for Beale's system which relied less on wingers. Now Gio is here and he wants more traditonal wide men we look badly short at RW as Aribo is finally being used centrally as a 10, but that needs time to be rectified.

Reality is we can't really afford to have quality players not even making the match day squad. When everyone is fit our starting 11 + 7 subs is as strong as it's been post 02/03.

Back