Scottish football is broken beyond repair

I’m not angry. What gives that impression? It’s a forum, you discuss things. Or is there a limit to how many replies you can have?

Ahhh the 1988 quip, well done, only the 600th person to add 2 and 2 and come up with -3

What I’ve also realised, you seem to have taken offence to the points I’ve made, but somehow don’t have your own counters for it, so instead try to make out it’s in fact me who’s angry & discredit my posts by trying to insinuate I’m a Tim. Well done columbo
If you read it properly I did say "almost". And here's why I said it - tomorrow I will have the misfortune of having to listen to one of them. And he is going to tell me that Shellick showed the mark of champions. That they have a winning mentality that we don't. That they are better than us blah blah blah. And I will have to say "I know - JW1988 wouldn't stop going on about it on Follow Follow last night!"

If you read it properly I did say "almost". And here's why I said it - tomorrow I will have the misfortune of having to listen to one of them. And he is going to tell me that Shellick showed the mark of champions. That they have a winning mentality that we don't. That they are better than us blah blah blah. And I will have to say "I know - JW1988 wouldn't stop going on about it on Follow Follow last night!"

It’s a fact or series of them that some people just seem to forget.
There’s lots of reasons we are 10 points behind.
Refereeing decisions. Celtic not giving up the ghost when it’s getting late into games, no one can say that teams only try against us.
Gerrard being inexperienced at times as well. Most importantly though we don’t kill games off, there’s been about 5 or 6 draws this season that should have easily been wins and the only people to blame are ourselves as if we’d simply put it in the net then we are maybe 12 points better off than now.
It’s too easy to just say the worlds against us.

Let me guess. Im a Tim or something?

The reason is, teams with a winning mentality do this kind of thing quite often, as I’ve explained we have done it many times over the years, so have Celtic.

I reckon you're probably one of those fans that loves to slate the team and considers people raising legitimate questions of the ref 'excuse making' and getting in the way of that but that would just be a guess.

Tbh I don't really care - just find it weird you're defending a bad refereeing decision in a game you admit you didn't even watch.

Not really sure how many different ways I can say it; there shouldn't have been 6 minutes added on time. If you want to pull your plonker about how they've got a winners mentality and we don't, that's up to you. But there shouldn't have been a 96th minute for them to get their winner in.

Getting to the stage where it's a police matter. Why 6 minutes? Nobody knows. Officials are doing what they want cos %^*& all gets done. Corrupt unwashed cunts.

It’s a fact or series of them that some people just seem to forget.
There’s lots of reasons we are 10 points behind.
Refereeing decisions. Celtic not giving up the ghost when it’s getting late into games, no one can say that teams only try against us.
Gerrard being inexperienced at times as well. Most importantly though we don’t kill games off, there’s been about 5 or 6 draws this season that should have easily been wins and the only people to blame are ourselves as if we’d simply put it in the net then we are maybe 12 points better off than now.
It’s too easy to just say the worlds against us.
It's also too easy to dismiss the poor officiating and put it all on the team. I think it was @Northampton Loyalist who put up an excellent post about how it was possible to be victims of bad refereeing as well as poor finishing. For example on Tuesday night v the sheep there were 6 second half subs, 6 bookings, one extended goal celebration and outrageous time wasting. How much added time? 3 minutes.

5, 6 or 7 minutes who cares. We've had plenty of time to put teams to bed and we've not managed. Sort our own issues out on the field first before looking for reasons to moan about. Were not 10 points behind because of a a couple minutes here or there it cause we're lacking in quality.

6 substitutions in the second half, 30 seconds per substitution. No major injuries costing time, so they get 6 added minutes. 6. Minutes. The games up, barcelona would struggle to win the league over the course of a season up here with the level of sheer corruption and bias. Absolutely incredible.
It's as if he was waiting for them to score before he blew. Even the Dundee Manager questioned where the time came from,come on, who's kidding who.

5, 6 or 7 minutes who cares. We've had plenty of time to put teams to bed and we've not managed. Sort our own issues out on the field first before looking for reasons to moan about. Were not 10 points behind because of a a couple minutes here or there it cause we're lacking in quality.
So answer me this; had we been on the end of ropey decisions in 04/05, and dropped a point or goal more and results on the last day had meant that they'd won the title, would you still be of the same opinion? That could have unfolded this season had we not thrown away a few wins into draws.

It's also too easy to dismiss the poor officiating and put it all on the team. I think it was @Northampton Loyalist who put up an excellent post about how it was possible to be victims of bad refereeing as well as poor finishing. For example on Tuesday night v the sheep there were 6 second half subs, 6 bookings, one extended goal celebration and outrageous time wasting. How much added time? 3 minutes.

13 yellow cards for our opponents in just this one week. Aberdeen and Killie, who have been given a free rein to kick the shit out of our team with the guarantee that they won't get a red card. And folk wonder why we can't compete ?

Last edited:

Infuriating.

I reckon you're probably one of those fans that loves to slate the team and considers people raising legitimate questions of the ref 'excuse making' and getting in the way of that but that would just be a guess.

Tbh I don't really care - just find it weird you're defending a bad refereeing decision in a game you admit you didn't even watch.

Not really sure how many different ways I can say it; there shouldn't have been 6 minutes added on time. If you want to pull your plonker about how they've got a winners mentality and we don't, that's up to you. But there shouldn't have been a 96th minute for them to get their winner in.
See this "winning mentality"thing? Would they be getting praised for it if the fourth official had signalled 5 minutes? No - cause they wouldn't have feckin won! They would have drawn 0-0 like they did last week and against St. Mirren and Livingstone!

We can't beat killie at home with 5 mins extra time and we moan when they do score in extra time.
Some folk on this thread actually sound like chip on the shoulder papes.
Fkn pathetic.

Its not rocket science,all the officials need to do is give 50/50 decision against us and to them .
Over the course of a season that will make the difference and when scrutinised can be justified .
However , I don't for minute think referees or the compliance officers have stuck to that mantra this year . When you consider Candias sending off in Paisley ,how Morelos is targeted, Rangers players being cited or simply the fouls to booking ratio, they have gone beyond what could be reasonably excused.
It is no coincidence that after we beat them at the turn of the year , the media , decisions on and off the field and appeals went against us and the anti Rangers rhetoric went through the roof .

I think I’ve mentioned a few times that we and in particular Morelos have been victims of some... suspect.. decisions.
But if we done our job right it wouldn’t have mattered a jot. But as you say it certainly doesn’t help.

I’ve already said that I haven’t seen it, however at least 2 people who did see it have now said that O’Dea was down for a considerable amount of time and Ajer was down with a head knock as well.

Also, for the slating the team bit, you’ll probably find you’re way off the mark. I regularly get into arguments here with people slating players like Tav, Candeias, Arfield and Worral. I choose to see the positive side of players performances rather than dwelling on what everyone knows is their limitations.

There were 3 minutes added against Aberdeen last week.
They played almost 5.
Is that there game or ours you’re talking about mate? Either way referees have discretion as it’s a “minimum of” 3 minutes.

Did Dundee not lose the goal because 4 players went marauding up the field to try and score other than see the game out?

They scored in 6 minutes of injury, we couldn't score in 5 minutes of injury time yesterday and were arguably lucky not to lose during that 5 minutes of added on time.

So answer me this; had we been on the end of ropey decisions in 04/05, and dropped a point or goal more and results on the last day had meant that they'd won the title, would you still be of the same opinion? That could have unfolded this season had we not thrown away a few wins into draws.
If you think were going to loose the league because of some debated injury time fair enough. I believe we've not been good enough. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

The only FA in the world that actually want their league to be reduced to a one horse race.

It sounds paranoid doesn’t it? But if you’ve watched what we’ve been watching in recent seasons, it’s really not.

It sounds almost as mad a notion as the Crown Office accidently losing vital court evidence that could send bigoted Peasants to prison. That also would never happen in Scotland. :rolleyes:

Everything changed after we beat them before new year, they and their puppets in the media stoked up the referee performance and his “bias” against Celtic

Not only that they have provided this narrative about referees being biased towards Rangers

The referee are now scared to give us anything in case they make a mistake and get slated for it and will now give them anything they want , any 40/60 in Celtic favour they will get

But the thing is, they hav ex players backing them up to the hilt where our ex players (especially the real (no laughing at the back)Rangers fans) stick the boot in constantly

Boyd, Ferguson and McCoist are the worst offenders

But as long as we still treat them has hero’s then they will continue to %^*& us over

Said it before, this is partly the reason the press can get away with murder when it comes to Rangers

All we ever do, is moan about the press on here, and online in general but nobody does a fuckin thing

How many of us went to the BBC demonstration yesterday??

But we are all too eager to tell the club what they should be doing
For me Boyd, Ferguson, Mccoist are no heroes of mine they are always quick to stick the boot into us, ex Rangers they may be but not heroes at all.

Some people on this thread actually sound like pape cheerleaders. Even more fkn pathetic.
They scored in the 6 mins.
We didn't in 5.
We have fkd up this season on a succession of shite performances where we should have, but couldn't score and win.
That mob are very average and sadly we are even more inconsistent.
Pape cheerleader. Go fck yourself.

They scored in the 6 mins.
We didn't in 5.
We have fkd up this season on a succession of shite performances where we should have, but couldn't score and win.
That mob are very average and sadly we are even more inconsistent.
Pape cheerleader. Go fck yourself.
So you can say folk sound like chip on the shoulder papes but if I say folk sound like pape cheerleaders I have to go fck myself? Tad inconsistent I would say?

Is that there game or ours you’re talking about mate? Either way referees have discretion as it’s a “minimum of” 3 minutes.
It was their game.
And I knew that would be the comeback.
So to answer your question as to how much time is enough time?
As much as they can get away with it seems.

Feel free to point me to any game that Rangers, chasing 3 points, have had 5 minutes added on when 3 were shown on the board.

Referees discretion must be able to provide you with one example.

13 yellow cards for our opponents in just this one week. Aberdeen and Killie, who have been given a free rein to kick the shit out of our team with the guarantee that they won't get a red card. And folk wonder why we can't compete ?
Add about another 7 which should have been bookings and its 20 yes twenty bookings, we are so soft its not true

It was their game.
And I knew that would be the comeback.
So to answer your question as to how much time is enough time?
As much as they can get away with it seems.

Feel free to point me to any game that Rangers, chasing 3 points, have had 5 minutes added on when 3 were shown on the board.

Referees discretion must be able to provide you with one example.

I am sure a statto somewhere could. I can’t.
It wasn’t a comeback either it was just a statement of fact.

The fat Japanese is working his way up the ladder in order to help stamp this sort of thing out I would assume.

How about this

Pittodrie first game of the season, 7 minutes injury time
Hearts at Tynecastle 6 minutes injury time
Pittodrie last League game 6 minutes injury time

What was common about all three was we were defending a one goal lead and also down to ten men in each of these games.

What games have we had 6 minutes added when we have been chasing a goal ?

We also lost a goal to Motherwell in the 3-3 game from a corner that was over the time when it was taken. We recently got a corner in a game that the ref wouldn’t let us take as he blew up for full time.

I am sure a statto somewhere could. I can’t.
It wasn’t a comeback either it was just a statement of fact.

I'm pretty sure we both know that no statto will find that game.
Seems like I'm the only one who can see it for what it is though.

It's not beyond repair - however, it does need a massive clear out of the SPFL and SFA members. Celtic also need to be severely restricted in their influence.

Oh wait, it is fucked.

As I said on another thread, as we've fell away , the mentally challengeds clamour for foreign refs and physical threats to cheating officials in this country have subsided, unsurprisingly.
Job done by the scheming, conniving mentally challenged bastards that's for sure, aided and abetted by their scum pals in the mhedia.

NS.

Back